LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 330 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Milestones Kobe can reach this season:

Third all-time free throws made (passing Oscar Robertson)

With 288 free throws, Kobe moves past the Big O and behind Moses and Karl Malone in the free throws made department. Last year, he made 381 in 58 games.

All-time steals leader in Lakers' history (needs two to pass Magic Johnson)

Barring a fluke, Kobe should notch this within the first week of the season. This isn't the last time he's looking to pass Magic in a category.

Most All-NBA First Teams (11, with Karl Marlone)

This record is arguably hardest to reach, considering -- or assuming -- Dwyane Wade comes back injury-free. With new weapons in Steve Nash and Dwight Howard at his side, his load will be lower, thus standing a chance to decrease his statistical output.

Most All-NBA Teams (15, with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)

This record, on the other hand, is a virtual cinch. If Kobe is healthy this season, it's impossible to identify six guards better who can keep him from tying Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Most All-NBA Defensive First Teams (10, passing MJ, Gary Payton and Kevin Garnett)

Another tough milestone to reach. Kobe still gets after it defensively and with upgraded defensive personnel behind him (read: Howard, Dwight), he can be as aggressive on the perimeter as ever.

Most All-NBA Defensive Teams (13, with Tim Duncan)

Even if Kobe struggles guarding quicker players, his grit and I.Q. alone makes this milestone his for the taking.

More than 30,000 career points (youngest to reach mark)

Wilt Chamberlain reached the 30,000 point plateau when he was 35 years old. Kobe just turned 34 and needs just over 500 points.

Move into fourth all-time in scoring, passing Wilt Chamberlain

All Kobe needs is a "mere" 1,936 points. If Kobe averages at least 25 ppg, he'll reach this toward the end of the season.

Most playoff points, passing Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)

Kobe currently sits at 5,640 playoff points, 347 away from MJ and 122 from Kareem. He'll need a deep playoff run to take top spot (conference finals, Finals).

Pass Magic Johnson, tie Michael Jordan with six rings

The record, as far as hoop purists are concerned. From the moment the Black Mamba stepped into the league, this number (six) sticks out as the benchmark. Kobe is not unaware of this.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Can I get a f**kin witness!!!!

Omg time to fap
reality just hit after seeing those photos
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
reality just hit after seeing those photos

Yeah I can't wait or basketball season. I'm way more excited than usual this year
"In terms of who's going to handle the ball, he is, because that's what he does best." - Kobe Bryant on how he and Steve Nash are going to play together
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Can I get a f**kin witness!!!!

Omg time to fap

is howard shorter than pau ?
Originally posted by susweel:
is howard shorter than pau ?

Yep. By 2-3 inches.
Dwight taking part in non-contact, 5-on-5 drills today.

http://instagram.com/p/QS7ipQS78_/
Dwight taking part in non-contact, 5-on-5 drills today.

http://instagram.com/p/QS7ipQS78_/

Remove "non" and change the first "5" to a "1," and this post could apply to someone else that you know quite well, P.
^

http://www.telly.com/I79XH?fromtwitvid=1

Lol lakers lol
^

http://www.telly.com/I79XH?fromtwitvid=1

Why does Dwight end up taking a jumper from the top of the key?
So unreal that we got Nash an Howard i know we had a chance for Howard but both these guys didnt see it coming.
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
So unreal that we got Nash an Howard i know we had a chance for Howard but both these guys didnt see it coming.

Nash has been a pipe dream for me for years. He's exactly what we needed. But I never thought in a million years he'd wanna come here. We all know how much of a Laker hater he is (was ).
Excited to see what Meeks and Jamison can contribute coming off the bench. Last year we struggled with a consistent 6th man
Share 49ersWebzone