LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Brandon Jennings intends to leave the Milwaukee Bucks if he is unable to come to terms with the franchise on a long-term deal this summer as a restricted free agency.

"If I take the qualifying offer and become an [unrestricted] free agent there is no way I am coming back," Jennings told Yahoo! Sports on Friday after practice. "There is no way."

Jennings turned down a four-year, $40 million offer before the season.

Jennings would make $4.5 million if he plays the 13-14 NBA season under the qualifying offer.

"It's not unfair to make that statement if he feels there is not a deal fair to him this summer," Bucks general manager John Hammond said of Jennings' stance. "I would be surprised if it happens. But he is operating within the [collective bargaining] rules. I'm not taken aback. It's a natural discussion to have."

For Jennings to re-sign with the Bucks long-term, he is seeking a lucrative contract and changes to the roster to become a title contender.

"I just want to win," Jennings said. "The way I am playing now, I just want to go to a winning team and play like that. I don't care about being a superstar or being the main guy. I did that [the] first four years. I just want to win and be somewhere where it's all about winning.

"I'm not saying the Bucks aren't about winning. But I think [a title caliber situation] will help me, motivate my game and then you have to perform."

Local product too...dare I say a Laker in a couple years?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
ok what the hell is going on? how come Earl Clark didn't come into the game for Meeks? They could've went with Nash, Kobe, Clark, MWP, and Howard instead of letting Toronto constantly abuse Meeks

This team is such a s**t show on defense. I don't think I've ever watched a game where I simultaneously felt two opposite emotions like that. Complete awe of Kobe, and a seething rage against D'Antoni.
Pete check PM.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I saw that on sportcenter this am. Hoped someone would post it.
Raptor fans bringing the lulz...

Utah got blown out. Houston's tied with PHX. We'll see what GS does tonight. We should make the playoffs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Raptor fans bringing the lulz...

After all of today's games...

Looking good, we have to keep it up.
I think the Lakers have to also look at the possibility of the 6th seed. Hopefully they keep going in the right direction. I would love to see them beat some of the top teams like Spurs, grizz and clips.

Originally posted by socalfan21:
I think the Lakers have to also look at the possibility of the 6th seed. Hopefully they keep going in the right direction. I would love to see them beat some of the top teams like Spurs, grizz and clips.

I don't want them playing OKC in the 1st round
alright well lets see if they actually decide to show up for the beginning of this one.

My preference is San Antonio in the 1st then after that...

2. Memphis
3. Los Angeles Clippers
4. Oklahoma City

Although honestly, all of those teams scare the beejesus out of me lol
[ Edited by GameOver on Mar 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by GameOver:

My preference is San Antonio in the 1st then after that...

2. Memphis
3. Los Angeles Clippers
4. Oklahoma City

Although honestly, all of those teams scare the beejesus out of me lol

agree with your list completely. also all 4 of those teams scare the hell out of me as well.
Nash made a shot!
Share 49ersWebzone