There are 277 users in the forums
2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread
Feb 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM
- sincalfaithful
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,712
Losses by both the Rockets and Jazz tonight
Feb 27, 2013 at 8:37 PM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Losses by both the Rockets and Jazz tonight
Dubs too.
Feb 28, 2013 at 6:58 AM
- BobS
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,143
If I was all about romanticizing the past I would haven't raved over the unequaled skills of Lebron James. LA, it seems everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they agree with you. If someone doesn't, the condescending comments and typed beat down start coming. I wonder if you act in person the way you do hiding behind a keyboard?
[ Edited by BobS on Feb 28, 2013 at 8:00 AM ]
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by BobS:
If I was all about romanticizing the past I would haven't raved over the unequaled skills of Lebron James. LA, it seems everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they agree with you. If someone doesn't, the condescending comments and typed beat down start coming. I wonder if you act in person the way you do hiding behind a keyboard?
I'm just as argumentative, but people certainly tend to keep their uneducated opinions to themselves a lot more in person. I respect intelligence, regardless of whether or not that person has the same opinion that I do. And I don't feel like the world needs to hear what I have to say on 95% of the topics that come up in life, because I don't know WTF I'm talking about regarding those things. I don't understand the compulsion to do that and I don't respect it.
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Shaq is the best Laker? How about no.
In reality it's Kobe, but Magic is my childhood hero and will always be my favorite basketball player and #1 IMO.
As a representative of the team, OK. Shaq was a mercenary. But, as a player, Shaq was always better than Kobe and is the best Laker of all time.
Too short of a window of dominance for Shaq to be the best Laker of all time, IMO. His run from 2000-2002 is unrivaled in Laker history though, and perhaps modern NBA history as well. This is arguably Kobe's 14th year as a Top 10 player in the league, and he's played them all in LA. Shaq had an 8 year run.
Feb 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM
- StOnEy333
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 99,664
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by dobophile:Originally posted by StOnEy333:Shaq is the best Laker? How about no.
In reality it's Kobe, but Magic is my childhood hero and will always be my favorite basketball player and #1 IMO.
As a representative of the team, OK. Shaq was a mercenary. But, as a player, Shaq was always better than Kobe and is the best Laker of all time.
Too short of a window of dominance for Shaq to be the best Laker of all time, IMO. His run from 2000-2002 is unrivaled in Laker history though, and perhaps modern NBA history as well. This is arguably Kobe's 14th year as a Top 10 player in the league, and he's played them all in LA. Shaq had an 8 year run.
Yup. Shaq didn't do it long enough. And the majority of the time he was out of shape and half assing it. There has never been a time in Kobe's entire career when he was out of shape or even only giving 75%.
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM
- sacniner
- Member
- Posts: 31,684
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Too short of a window of dominance for Shaq to be the best Laker of all time, IMO. His run from 2000-2002 is unrivaled in Laker history though, and perhaps modern NBA history as well. This is arguably Kobe's 14th year as a Top 10 player in the league, and he's played them all in LA. Shaq had an 8 year run.
It is INSANE to watch video of Shaq in his prime. I really think people forget how dominate he was. Especially, people forget how damn athletic he was. Dude was a straight animal. Not saying he is the best center ever, because I haven't seen all the great ones play and longevity, but at his peak I'll take Shaq at the five over anyone.
Needs to get his a55 off TNT. Show was better with Charles and Kenny only
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM
- BobS
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,143
Originally posted by LA9erFan:So you're implying my opinion is uneducated if it disagrees with yours? I am not a student of basketball, I only played organized basketball from 6th to 8th grade as I muscled up enough to play football from high school to college. I have watched at least a few NBA games a week since 1969, I figured I learned enough not to be considered uneducated on the subject. People can be exposed to the same data and draw different conclusions.
Originally posted by BobS:
If I was all about romanticizing the past I would haven't raved over the unequaled skills of Lebron James. LA, it seems everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they agree with you. If someone doesn't, the condescending comments and typed beat down start coming. I wonder if you act in person the way you do hiding behind a keyboard?
I'm just as argumentative, but people certainly tend to keep their uneducated opinions to themselves a lot more in person. I respect intelligence, regardless of whether or not that person has the same opinion that I do. And I don't feel like the world needs to hear what I have to say on 95% of the topics that come up in life, because I don't know WTF I'm talking about regarding those things. I don't understand the compulsion to do that and I don't respect it.
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Just realized we play you guys tonight. Pek is gonn make Howard his b***h and Rubio is gonna show Nash his dick
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by BobS:
So you're implying my opinion is uneducated if it disagrees with yours? I am not a student of basketball, I only played organized basketball from 6th to 8th grade as I muscled up enough to play football from high school to college. I have watched at least a few NBA games a week since 1969, I figured I learned enough not to be considered uneducated on the subject. People can be exposed to the same data and draw different conclusions.
No, for the umpteenth time between here and the political threads. Not because you disagree with me.
Like talking to a friggin' wall.
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by valrod33:
Just realized we play you guys tonight. Pek is gonn make Howard his b***h and Rubio is gonna show Nash his dick
And Kobe's gonna shred Ricky's other ACL.
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Is he a wall because he doesnt agree with you?
Originally posted by BobS:
So you're implying my opinion is uneducated if it disagrees with yours? I am not a student of basketball, I only played organized basketball from 6th to 8th grade as I muscled up enough to play football from high school to college. I have watched at least a few NBA games a week since 1969, I figured I learned enough not to be considered uneducated on the subject. People can be exposed to the same data and draw different conclusions.
No, for the umpteenth time between here and the political threads. Not because you disagree with me.
Like talking to a friggin' wall.
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by LA9erFan:MOTHERf**kER.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Just realized we play you guys tonight. Pek is gonn make Howard his b***h and Rubio is gonna show Nash his dick
And Kobe's gonna shred Ricky's other ACL.
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Is he a wall because he doesnt agree with you?
Originally posted by BobS:
So you're implying my opinion is uneducated if it disagrees with yours? I am not a student of basketball, I only played organized basketball from 6th to 8th grade as I muscled up enough to play football from high school to college. I have watched at least a few NBA games a week since 1969, I figured I learned enough not to be considered uneducated on the subject. People can be exposed to the same data and draw different conclusions.
No, for the umpteenth time between here and the political threads. Not because you disagree with me.
Like talking to a friggin' wall.
LOL screw you val.
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Is he a wall because he doesnt agree with you?
Originally posted by BobS:
So you're implying my opinion is uneducated if it disagrees with yours? I am not a student of basketball, I only played organized basketball from 6th to 8th grade as I muscled up enough to play football from high school to college. I have watched at least a few NBA games a week since 1969, I figured I learned enough not to be considered uneducated on the subject. People can be exposed to the same data and draw different conclusions.
No, for the umpteenth time between here and the political threads. Not because you disagree with me.
Like talking to a friggin' wall.
LOL screw you val.
