LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 298 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by BobS:
So you're implying my opinion is uneducated if it disagrees with yours? I am not a student of basketball, I only played organized basketball from 6th to 8th grade as I muscled up enough to play football from high school to college. I have watched at least a few NBA games a week since 1969, I figured I learned enough not to be considered uneducated on the subject. People can be exposed to the same data and draw different conclusions.

No, for the umpteenth time between here and the political threads. Not because you disagree with me.

Like talking to a friggin' wall.
There you go being condescending again. Why am I like talking to a wall? Is it because you cannot beat me down enough to agree with you?
Are you really not familiar with the term "Like talking to a wall"? lol
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Are you really not familiar with the term "Like talking to a wall"? lol
From where I come from it is someone who will not listen, have things changed lately?
[ Edited by BobS on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
1) Kobe Bryant
2) Magic Johnson
3) Shaquille O'Neal
4) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5) James Worthy
6) Pau Gasol
7) Byron Scott
8) Derek Fisher
9) Jamaal Wilkes
10) Michael Cooper

Just in terms of guys who I most identify with being a Laker.

That's a pretty good list. I'd put Magic and Kobe as 1 and 1a. I think it's a toss up between the two.

How come no Jerry West?!?

edit: nm, it's supposed to be just Jerry Buss era.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
1) Kobe Bryant
2) Magic Johnson
3) Shaquille O'Neal
4) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5) James Worthy
6) Pau Gasol
7) Byron Scott
8) Derek Fisher
9) Jamaal Wilkes
10) Michael Cooper

Just in terms of guys who I most identify with being a Laker.

That's a pretty good list. I'd put Magic and Kobe as 1 and 1a. I think it's a toss up between the two.

How come no Jerry West?!?

edit: nm, it's supposed to be just Jerry Buss era.

If we did include Jerry West, I would put him at #5 on that list. It feels low to me and I'm the one who said it, but I don't think even Jerry would say he was better than those players. I know I've heard him say Kobe is on a completely different level than he ever played at. I think Magic played at a higher level too, and Shaq and Kareem are 2 of the greatest big men to ever play. So yeah, Jerry at 5.
So you're implying my opinion is uneducated if it disagrees with yours? I am not a student of basketball, I only played organized basketball from 6th to 8th grade as I muscled up enough to play football from high school to college. I have watched at least a few NBA games a week since 1969, I figured I learned enough not to be considered uneducated on the subject. People can be exposed to the same data and draw different conclusions.

No, for the umpteenth time between here and the political threads. Not because you disagree with me.

Like talking to a friggin' wall.
There you go being condescending again. Why am I like talking to a wall? Is it because you cannot beat me down enough to agree with you?

No, because no matter how many times I say otherwise, you think that I think your opinion is ridiculous simply because you disagree with me. That's why even valrod was making fun of you.

Let me put it this way. I think Joe Montana is the best QB in Niner history, while someone else might think it's Steve Young. I wouldn't think that their opinion is ridiculous simply because they disagreed with me. But if that same person told me that Steve Young was the greatest Niner QB and #2 isn't even close...yes, at that point I would think it's absurd.

Now insert the names Kobe Bryant & Magic Johnson into that as is relates to the greatest Laker, and there you have it. Taking Magic over Kobe is a defensible point of view. Saying it's not even close is not.

Jamison is f**king awesome. What a boost he's been for our bench.
Looking exciting!

f**k the lakers doe
Competent basketball ftw

They did good to pull away and not let it get close again. Definitely not their strong point this season.
Ohh ohh ohh
Handled bidness. Kobe's been outta his mind lately.
Handled bidness. Kobe's been outta his mind lately.

Shaq or Magic's outoftheirmindedness > Kobe's.

You guys should sign Aaron brooks the kings just released him
Share 49ersWebzone