There are 155 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

I am INTRIGUED to say the least about our recent performances...

Tuesday is a trap game, against the Pels, if we lose that game I will lose all faith again and refuse to ever believe in this squad this season.
Originally posted by GameOver:

Tuesday is a trap game, against the Pels, if we lose that game I will lose all faith again and refuse to ever believe in this squad this season.

It's sorta funny how after every win the question is asked "is this the win that will propel the team to a winning streak that will get the season back on track?" Only to see them look like absolute dog s**t the next game. lol

Every time I hear them say it I say "hopefully", but deep down I know it's probably not. They gotta prove it before I'm ready to start assuming they're gonna just win games they're supposed to.
What y'all think of Jeff Van Gundy's on air rant about D 12?

• titan
  • Veteran
Van Gundy is a Kobe and Laker Hater. Now that D12 is on our team it just triples the animosity especially after what happened with his brother. D12 could really help his situation by being decisive.
[ Edited by titan on Jan 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:

100% on point. I'm with JVG on this one.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

100% on point. I'm with JVG on this one.

HEY DWIGHT! YOU CAN HAVE 40 TOUCHES A GAME AND BE "THE MAN" IN ORLANDO

Douchebag
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

It's sorta funny how after every win the question is asked "is this the win that will propel the team to a winning streak that will get the season back on track?" Only to see them look like absolute dog s**t the next game. lol

Every time I hear them say it I say "hopefully", but deep down I know it's probably not. They gotta prove it before I'm ready to start assuming they're gonna just win games they're supposed to.

lol you're right and we do this all the time BUT! in their defense, for once...I think they may have gotten it. These last two games have looked remarkably better compared to ANYTHING they've done this season...if there was ever a time to full heartedly believe it would be now.
I completely agree with JVG.

It wasn't that Bynum couldn't handle the spotlight, he just didn't give a sh*t, he was apathetic. Dwight has a maturity issue, wants the spotlight but can't handle the pressure.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Don't know what to make of the win over OKC. OKC was at the end of their longest road trip of the year and may have just been out of gas. Westbrook and Durant were a combined 16-48 from the field (33.3%), how often will that happen?
Originally posted by BobS:
Don't know what to make of the win over OKC. OKC was at the end of their longest road trip of the year and may have just been out of gas. Westbrook and Durant were a combined 16-48 from the field (33.3%), how often will that happen?

True, but at least in regards to Durant, I thought it was just good team D on him (as well as good individual efforts by MWP and Clark) and these guys are 23 years old, out of gas? Meh...maybe

Westbrook on the other hand was missing some shots that I think were very make-able for him so that's another story. But it's not so much the fact that we beat OKC that's got us excited, it's how we did it. It was a complete game and a complete game where they abandoned D'Antoni's system and played their own kind of ball (just like in Utah) and it looked good. Real good. If they keep up that kind of effort and consistency, I have no doubts we'll make the playoffs (I lol'd just writing this sentence, playoffs?) but it's a HUGE "if" given how they've done this entire season. Big next few games all against mediocre opponents (New Orleans, Phoenix, Minnesota, Pistons). We've got to win all of those in order for me to think we made a step forward.

We'll see...

Alex Smith is back!

Our offense is night and day from what it was just a week ago.

Sorry for my constant man crush on EC, but does anyone else think he can be a special player for us for a long time? Is anyone else watching him tonight?
Come out like s**t in the 3rd.
Jesus christ this game. lol
I never thought I'd be so happy to have Steve Blake back. I don't remember seeing Duhon or Morris tonight.
Share 49ersWebzone