There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
LOL at people overreacting about not having a 1st round pick

It isnt much of a deal when you draft 30th or so like the Lakers usually do. If they are out of the playoffs and a Lottery team it could be a big deal I would think. This is an old team that needs to get young talent.

When we sucked in the middle of the 2000's we didn't draft anybody special. They'll make some sort of move like always and the Lakers will get out of this funk so they don't become the Florida Marlins of basketball.

It isnt much of a deal when you draft 30th or so like the Lakers usually do. If they are out of the playoffs and a Lottery team it could be a big deal I would think. This is an old team that needs to get young talent.

When we sucked in the middle of the 2000's we didn't draft anybody special. They'll make some sort of move like always and the Lakers will get out of this funk so they don't become the Florida Marlins of basketball.
Andrew Bynum with 10th pick?
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Andrew Bynum with 10th pick?

Ahh that's right I remember when he got into it with Shaq who was wiith the heat
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jan 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Reign is a kings fan.

He was a Heat fan last year I think, lol.

When I actually followed the NBA I was a Kings fan. Then the Maloofs drove that team into the ground and the NBA became a joke. Now I just hate the Lakers and LeBron is my favorite player (yeah I magically started liking him last year even though I was in threads going crazy when he beat down the Pistons in the playoffs saying "I AM A WITNESS" then taking years of s**t from Pete until he finally won).
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Reign is a kings fan.

He was a Heat fan last year I think, lol.

When I actually followed the NBA I was a Kings fan. Then the Maloofs drove that team into the ground and the NBA became a joke. Now I just hate the Lakers and LeBron is my favorite player (yeah I magically started liking him last year even though I was in threads going crazy when he beat down the Pistons in the playoffs saying "I AM A WITNESS" then taking years of s**t from Pete until he finally won).

So you posted "I am a witness" after a series he played in, which clearly justifies you ditching your team to bandwagon the league MVP.
Great start for the Lakers. This is the Dwight I remember from his days in Orlando.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM ]
After the great start, Lakers give up 9 straight points.

Still liked the energy in the 1Q
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Still liked the energy in the 1Q

Half of the 1st had good energy. We'll see how the 2nd goes.
Well, they still looked s**tty at times, but they pulled out a win. Went on a big run in the 4th pulled away. Kobe was a rebound away from a triple double. He played team ball the whole night, and had 14 assists.

Also one of the quickest games I've ever seen played. It lasted only about 2 hours 10 minutes or so.
Pretty f'ing sad when your top two scorers in the game aren't even starters... .. . What a s**t show...
The Boston Celtics have held exploratory trade talks with the Memphis Grizzlies on Rudy Gay.

More than one team has speculated that a three-way trade that would send Pau Gasol to the Celtics, Paul Pierce to the Grizzlies and Rudy Gay to the Lakers makes "some sense".

Pierce's $15.3 million salary for next season is guaranteed for only $5 million, which would make his contract tradable.

Well, knowing the Lakers, only deals that are not rumored about happen so looks like we won't be getting Rudy Gay at the deadline, in other news...

Kobe Bryant has made it clear that the culture of the Los Angeles Lakers and his personal leadership style will not change despite the presence of Dwight Howard.

"It's a matter of learning (for Howard)," Bryant said. "What I try to tell him is that it's not necessarily about what you (want), how you are as a person, or what's comfortable for you. It's really about what's going to help elevate us.

"So for us to have a team that's confrontational and on edge brings out the competitive spirit of everybody else, you know what I'm saying? If everybody is just relaxed and happy go lucky and this that and the other, then that's the personality we'll have as a team. And then you run into a team that's a confrontational team, and it's like a bus."

Bryant was asked if he still believes he can win a title with Howard.

"Yeah, for sure."

"It's a process for him," Bryant said. "He wants to be one of the greats of all time, and to do that you have to learn from the greats of all time – be it Bill Russell, be it Shaq. I mean Shaq was a moody, temperamental dude. So if you watch all the big men who have come before, you start to see a common denominator.

"Wilt (Chamberlain), God bless him, was phenomenal, but he didn't have (the same edge). Russell and (those) guys win repetitive – (Michael) Jordan, Magic (Johnson), myself. You've got a little (expletive) in you. I want (Howard) to be great, so I'm trying to push him."

Bryant insists Howard remains part of the Lakers' future.

"I don' t know what the future holds," Bryant said. "I don't know if (Howard will be traded)…But I know that as long as he's here, I'm going to continue to help him, mentor him, help him be great. That's all I can do. I'm a problem solver. I try to figure things out, come hell or high water."
lol shaq was a moody, temperamental dude
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com