LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 49ermark:
Am I the only one who sees that when our piece of s**t coach puts this line up with Duhon as the point guard we drop 10 to 13 points every time!!

Chris Duhon is the s**ttiest player I have ever seen Ever!!!

What is Mike D'antoni thinking - oh he sucks too! Worse coach ever!

The announcers annoy me I always liked STU but that othe homo is horrible
They act like nothing is wrong !

Sorry, I'm just venting as I have seen my great lakers turn into the laughin stock of the NBA

lol
Yay
Clark needs a spot not only in the rotation, but maybe in the starting line up even when Pau gets back. He is a great compliment to Dwight on the D end. Guy can guard 2-4 no problem.

By the way, did Sacre get a scholarship to Gonzaga? I mean who where when how was recruiting him. We have the best and worst Candian basketball players ever on 1 squad.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Clark needs a spot not only in the rotation, but maybe in the starting line up even when Pau gets back. He is a great compliment to Dwight on the D end. Guy can guard 2-4 no problem.

By the way, did Sacre get a scholarship to Gonzaga? I mean who where when how was recruiting him. We have the best and worst Candian basketball players ever on 1 squad.

Word. He fits in perfectly around this squad. I think I saw him alter 4 jumpers tonight. Good passer and ball handler as well.

Dwight looks a lot more Dwightish since coming back from the shoulder injury too. Much more athletic.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Word. He fits in perfectly around this squad. I think I saw him alter 4 jumpers tonight. Good passer and ball handler as well.

Dwight looks a lot more Dwightish since coming back from the shoulder injury too. Much more athletic.

I love the way Clark crashes the boards. He's out there fighting hard for every ball.
And just when I throw Jamison under the bus he continues his run of solid games. Great activity by him tonight too (by his measure anyways). Slumping Heat coming in tomorrow night and will be coming off the 2nd night of a back-to-back...

Damn we need to win that game, we just can't afford to lose games like the one upcoming, slumping team, home game, COME ON LAKERS
Originally posted by GameOver:
And just when I throw Jamison under the bus he continues his run of solid games. Great activity by him tonight too (by his measure anyways). Slumping Heat coming in tomorrow night and will be coming off the 2nd night of a back-to-back...

Damn we need to win that game, we just can't afford to lose games like the one upcoming, slumping team, home game, COME ON LAKERS

He loves showing up in games that don't matter, when we're up by 10. Lets see him do it versus a good team, in crunch time. Like when he repeatedly blew wide open shots against the Spurs? Thats fresh in my mind.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

He actually played a crap game last night. Hit three threes and split some freethrows and grabbed some rebounds that fell in his lap. He shot 3-10 and was horrid defensively and was one of the culprits behind why the Bucks got 12 offensive rebounds on the Lakers.
Originally posted by kray28:

He actually played a crap game last night. Hit three threes and split some freethrows and grabbed some rebounds that fell in his lap. He shot 3-10 and was horrid defensively and was one of the culprits behind why the Bucks got 12 offensive rebounds on the Lakers.

And with that said, by his measure (this season at least), he had a good game lol

I still don't want him part of the rotation but I appreciate him trying, the effort goes a long way

He loves showing up in games that don't matter, when we're up by 10. Lets see him do it versus a good team, in crunch time. Like when he repeatedly blew wide open shots against the Spurs? Thats fresh in my mind.

I know what you're trying to say but...aren't we at the point where EVERY game is make or break for us? We legitimately don't want to lose more than 11 games or so the rest of the way out to have any control of our own destiny...s**t has hit the fan and we're at the point where we need to make sure our head doesnt hit the fan or else we're donezo's

I know what you're trying to say but...aren't we at the point where EVERY game is make or break for us? We legitimately don't want to lose more than 11 games or so the rest of the way out to have any control of our own destiny...s**t has hit the fan and we're at the point where we need to make sure our head doesnt hit the fan or else we're donezo's

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Actually, yes you're 100% right. After I posted that I thought to myself "wait every game matters".

What I'm getting at is when we need it down 5 with 2 minutes to go, he is always wide open cuz other teams don't respect him and he bricks it. He is always hot when we're up 10.

As an Angels fan, let me throw an analogy at you. Take Vernon Wells for instance: when the Angels are up by 10 and the whole team is producing, he loves hitting a solo home run or 2. Or when we're up 8-0, he'll hit a triple and score 2 runs. But when bases are loaded and we're down 1, he's a lock to strike out, every time. 0-4 in close games, 3-4 in blowouts.

Antawn hasn't gotten even close that level yet, but I see the pattern developing quickly.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:47 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
You guys will make the playoffs...and I can bet no one in the top 4 will want to face this team.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Actually, yes you're 100% right. After I posted that I thought to myself "wait every game matters".

What I'm getting at is when we need it down 5 with 2 minutes to go, he is always wide open cuz other teams don't respect him and he bricks it. He is always hot when we're up 10.

As an Angels fan, let me throw an analogy at you. Take Vernon Wells for instance: when the Angels are up by 10 and the whole team is producing, he loves hitting a solo home run or 2. Or when we're up 8-0, he'll hit a triple and score 2 runs. But when bases are loaded and we're down 1, he's a lock to strike out, every time. 0-4 in close games, 3-4 in blowouts.

Antawn hasn't gotten even close that level yet, but I see the pattern developing quickly.

Gotcha, I had a feeling that's what you were trying to say. Good analogy with VW by the way. I think Jamison might just be a bit on edge because of how short of a leash everyone's got these days. Hell, when's the last time Meeks played more than 10 meaningful minutes in a game? And I like Jodie too but he's been completely axed from the rotation. I hear Steve Blake was in practice yesterday, looks like he might be back by the end of the month (good, a bump up from Duhon).

Coach needs to stick to a rotation once Pau gets back. Players need to know how much time their going to have on the court and what's expected of them, it's hard to perform at your job when you don't know either of those things (ala what Mike Brown did last year f**king around with the rotation for what felt like, the entire season).

I'm also a believer of starting Pau (even if you want to slowly ease him into things, cut his minutes, but start him) and do something like this tonight against Miami

Starters
Nash
Kobe
MWP
Pau
Dwight

Then at the 6 minute mark...

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Clark
Dwight

And to start the 2nd quarter...

Duhon
Morris/Meeks (Meeks has fallen out of favor so I'm fine with Morris but prefer Jodie out there)
Clark (I think he can hang guarding Bron and honestly, I'd like to see him play the 3 to see what he can do out there)
Jamison
Pau

And then whenever coach feels like it, close the half with our starters. Try that out, see how it goes. Overall though, whenever LeBron is on the floor, so should MWP and whenever Bosh is on the floor, so should Pau (so we can take advantage of that match-up) or Jamison (since I think he can hang with Bosh).
[ Edited by GameOver on Jan 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM ]
Pau is starting tonight
Share 49ersWebzone