There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**MVP LeBron James & World Champion Miami HEAT 2012-2013 Thread**

Originally posted by fropwns:
Listen to this dude, he has forgotten more basketball than we shall know.

Eh, I wouldn't say that, but thank you. But when your favorite team has won 10 championships in your lifetime, you know a little bit about what the year after tends to look like during the regular season, and it's usually underwhelming.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,753
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Listen to this dude, he has forgotten more basketball than we shall know.

Eh, I wouldn't say that, but thank you. But when your favorite team has won 10 championships in your lifetime, you know a little bit about what the year after tends to look like during the regular season, and it's usually underwhelming.

I agree with what fro said - you know basketball (and btw you're doing a great job with your team). I understand what you mean, it's tough to play hard every night during the 82 game regular season schedule when you have won it all the year before. What pissed me off was Bosh's comment more than anything, but yes - I've stopped worrying. I just hope they can flip the switch when it matters - because it's easier said than done sometimes.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,753
Lebron and Wade are putting on a show against Detroit in Miami.



Barrage of dunks and ridiculous shot making

As I type - another dunk by Lebron and assisted by Wade
Did you guys see LeBron (& Heat) meeting Obama in the White House?I thought he was about to drop a F Bomb or hip hop lingo. James was not professional at all for a 28 year old or ''the face of the league''.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,753
Originally posted by KEGster:
Did you guys see LeBron (& Heat) meeting Obama in the White House?I thought he was about to drop a F Bomb or hip hop lingo. James was not professional at all for a 28 year old or ''the face of the league''.

This guy...


...are you done trolling in the Lakers thread? Anyway, this thread is super f**king boring...so go ahead and say something ridiculous. Give me a reason to come check this thread out. Have at it...please!!!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I agree with what fro said - you know basketball (and btw you're doing a great job with your team). I understand what you mean, it's tough to play hard every night during the 82 game regular season schedule when you have won it all the year before. What pissed me off was Bosh's comment more than anything, but yes - I've stopped worrying. I just hope they can flip the switch when it matters - because it's easier said than done sometimes.

I think they have a relatively clear path until the Finals. New York has a puncher's chance, but beyond that, I'd be stunned if anyone else beat them.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,753
Originally posted by KEGster:
Did you guys see LeBron (& Heat) meeting Obama in the White House?I thought he was about to drop a F Bomb or hip hop lingo. James was not professional at all for a 28 year old or ''the face of the league''.

Thank You! I finally watched the video - and loved it. It was genuine...and he was himself. He was clearly nervous, he didn't prepare any statements and looked like a kid in a candy store. How can you knock him down for that?


  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,753
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I agree with what fro said - you know basketball (and btw you're doing a great job with your team). I understand what you mean, it's tough to play hard every night during the 82 game regular season schedule when you have won it all the year before. What pissed me off was Bosh's comment more than anything, but yes - I've stopped worrying. I just hope they can flip the switch when it matters - because it's easier said than done sometimes.

I think they have a relatively clear path until the Finals. New York has a puncher's chance, but beyond that, I'd be stunned if anyone else beat them.

Bulls should be handful once Rose is back, IMO and I'm personally not worried about Knicks but I agree - they do have a puncher's chance because of the way they shoot the long ball.
Maybe it's time for LeBron to turn the Difficulty Level up to Pro now. Sweet Jesus.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,753
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Maybe it's time for LeBron to turn the Difficulty Level up to Pro now. Sweet Jesus.

Seriously, video game numbers. He has been in the zone for about 10 days now. Wade his playing some of his best basketball in couple years but is gettin' overshadowed by Lebron's assault in last 5-6 games. At the end of the half of the Lakers game - Lebron had shot 81% in the last 4 and a half games while scoring at least 30 in each.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,654
Guy is amazing, he has really developed his outside shot the last few years. Rarely do guys built like NFL defensive ends move and have the shooting touch he has. I will change that from rarely, to never. He is one of a kind.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,753
Originally posted by BobS:
Guy is amazing, he has really developed his outside shot the last few years. Rarely do guys built like NFL defensive ends move and have the shooting touch he has. I will change that from rarely, to never. He is one of a kind.

I was listening to Ray Allen's interview in the off-season about how him and Lebron go through Ray's jump shot routine everyday and then have a 3-point contest. Initially he was able to easily beat Lebron but as they got closer to the pre-season, Lebron was beating him consistently.
Watched the whole game yesterday and damn...dude is amazing. If he continues to keep getting better, we are in for a treat watching him for years. It was like growing up watching Jordan, except I actually like Lebron.

When he missed the free throw yesterday, got the board, stepped back and hit the three...I was like
Lebron is making it look too easy right now. Trying to watch as much of him as possible in this stretch.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Watched the whole game yesterday and damn...dude is amazing. If he continues to keep getting better, we are in for a treat watching him for years. It was like growing up watching Jordan, except I actually like Lebron.

When he missed the free throw yesterday, got the board, stepped back and hit the three...I was like

He has already been a treat. Just sad that most of the haters are just now coming around and realizing his greatness.