LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 450 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Harrison Barnes is gonna make everybody forget about Monta

If he continues to play as well as he has, he'll be the first jersey I've purchased since Monta
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Harrison Barnes is gonna make everybody forget about Monta

If he continues to play as well as he has, he'll be the first jersey I've purchased since Monta

Very, very pleased with his progression thus far. All I heard about him prior to the draft was that he's a spot-up shooter that can jump high. However, he's repeatedly shown that he can get to the rim and finish, rebound, play a little D and is actually, very, very quick for someone his size.

If Klay continues to settle down and relax, Bogut comes back and stays healthy, Curry's ankle doesn't snap in half AND Barnes continues to progress, things look very promising for the Dubs. Feels good to say that

Oh, and Landry has been the most pleasant surprise for me this year. Excellent signing and has been very effective/efficient whenever he comes in.
I heard Bogut is aiming for a return next week
What's Bogut's injury this time?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Wants to make sure his ankle is 100% so he doesnt make it worst.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

The same as its always been.
Were tied in first place in the pacific. I know too early but I don't get a chance to say it all the time lol. Feels good.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Were tied in first place in the pacific. I know too early but I don't get a chance to say it all the time lol. Feels good.

This team has some serious talent and depth. Let's get Bogut back healthy and then we're in business.

5th in the West
enjoy the first place in the pacific while they can. The lakers are creeping up.

I'm not a troll; just stating facts.

btw, do you think the warriors potential new arena is kinda small. I know that pier isn't the biggest....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
btw, do you think the warriors potential new arena is kinda small. I know that pier isn't the biggest....

I think I read something about it being significantly smaller and that parking will be about 20 minutes away in walking distance.

Btw f**k the Lakers!
Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry upping the positive energy
http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_22070457
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
And LOL at the people still against David Lee. The guy battles and battles EVERY NIGHT, most nights without a true center near him, and he has helped our team in becoming a top 5 or 6 rebounding team. People cry and b***h that he's overpaid. Guess what......I can name a s**tload of other players that are overpaid and doesn't even get close to playing to the amount they've received.

Oh, and if you think posting a quote from the "great" Tim Kawakami helps your claim, you've lost all credibility. Kawakami is the worst journalist in the bay area.

As for David Lee.. there are just people that want to rip him because of his contract. We ALL know he is overpaid. DUH. However, to say he is trash or a below average NBA player is just ridiculous. Anyone who says that really loses any credibility with me as far as NBA knowledge goes. If Lee was making 3M per season everyone would love the guy. Sure, he has defensive liabilities. Maybe if he had a true Center who could play defense that wouldnt be such a big deal.

First of all, quoting Tim Kawakami doesnt help your claim if you are quoting his opinion. I dont understand how your personal dislike for the guy can make you claim my credibility is lost for quoting a STATISTIC that he posted. TK provided statistical evidence as to why Lee's rebounding is overrated. If you want to dismiss it, fine.

Again, I took back my comment about calling him trash. But he still isnt nearly as good as you think he is. It has nothing to do with the amount of money he makes. It has to do with the fact that he is terrible on defense. It has to do with the fact that he is an overrated rebounder. It has to do with the fact that he is simply a good offensive player, not much more. Isn't he basically the power forward version of Monta Ellis? The player that has gotten bashed on here over and over?

We are never going to see eye to eye on Lee. But to say I lose basketball knowledge credibility because I dont think he is a good player is a joke. The fact that you have to say the bolded says all that needs to be said. Lee's value is based upon the players put around him, not his skill level.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
First of all, quoting Tim Kawakami doesnt help your claim if you are quoting his opinion. I dont understand how your personal dislike for the guy can make you claim my credibility is lost for quoting a STATISTIC that he posted. TK provided statistical evidence as to why Lee's rebounding is overrated. If you want to dismiss it, fine.

Again, I took back my comment about calling him trash. But he still isnt nearly as good as you think he is. It has nothing to do with the amount of money he makes. It has to do with the fact that he is terrible on defense. It has to do with the fact that he is an overrated rebounder. It has to do with the fact that he is simply a good offensive player, not much more. Isn't he basically the power forward version of Monta Ellis? The player that has gotten bashed on here over and over?

We are never going to see eye to eye on Lee. But to say I lose basketball knowledge credibility because I dont think he is a good player is a joke. The fact that you have to say the bolded says all that needs to be said. Lee's value is based upon the players put around him, not his skill level.

Your whole argument started with saying how he was way overpaid, but now you just don't think he's good cuz he's terrible on defense? Ok, considering this is a guy that has to defend centers like D12, Brook Lopez, etc. but when he plays the 4 and guards guys like Aldridge or Kevin Love, he does well.

And no, he isn't the PF version of Monta. It's hilarious that people still bash Ellis and not giving him the credit he deserves as a passer, as a rebounder, and as a defender. If you are blind to see how much he progressed throughout his career as a Warrior, then I don't even know how you see things in the basketball world.
Share 49ersWebzone