Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NCAA source: "Unprecedented" penalties against Penn State

the paterno family needs to shut the f*** up

are you f****** kidding me
your daddy was the right hand man of a molester
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jul 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
In my opinion my post was quite sensible. I think the NCAA went overboard with their punishment and it hurts so many people that had nothing to do with this scandal. AN immense fine, some smaller sanctions, putting people in jail, and having them make LARGE donations to Child Abuse Charities would have been enough. I could care less about Joe Paterno's legacy so taking the wins away is meaningless. It doesnt hurt anyone.

Now, what ISNT sensible are posts that want to burn the school down or close the University.

You certainly can disagree although. Doesnt matter to me.

You do know the fines are going towards child abuse charities, right?
[ Edited by spizzy on Jul 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
I don't think the NCAA went overboard. Burning the Uni down was an overreaction. This penalty is not, in my view, unreasonable taking all things into account.

It sends the right message.

I dont think the NCAA needed to cripple the program for a decade to send the "right message". 60 million dollars, taking the wins away, and TV and Bowls for a year would have certainly done that.

Where I differ from many in here is that I dont believe in overly punishing students and the community for the actions of a small few. If I could put those guys in jail for 50 years I would gladly do it. If they University had to pay $100 million I would be fine with it. I just hate the fact that things that happened years ago affect young student athletes, the student population, and the community itself.

I want HARSH punishment for those that did wrong. Closing the University as some would suggest or crippling the football program for a decade which this will most certainly do is overboard in my opinion.
I dont think the NCAA needed to cripple the program for a decade to send the "right message". 60 million dollars, taking the wins away, and TV and Bowls for a year would have certainly done that.

Where I differ from many in here is that I dont believe in overly punishing students and the community for the actions of a small few. If I could put those guys in jail for 50 years I would gladly do it. If they University had to pay $100 million I would be fine with it. I just hate the fact that things that happened years ago affect young student athletes, the student population, and the community itself.

I want HARSH punishment for those that did wrong. Closing the University as some would suggest or crippling the football program for a decade which this will most certainly do is overboard in my opinion.

talk to danimal in the sandusky thread lol
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
In my opinion my post was quite sensible. I think the NCAA went overboard with their punishment and it hurts so many people that had nothing to do with this scandal. AN immense fine, some smaller sanctions, putting people in jail, and having them make LARGE donations to Child Abuse Charities would have been enough. I could care less about Joe Paterno's legacy so taking the wins away is meaningless. It doesnt hurt anyone.

Now, what ISNT sensible are posts that want to burn the school down or close the University.

You certainly can disagree although. Doesnt matter to me.

You do know the fines are going towards child abuse charities, right?

Great. I think that is awesome. I would have no problem with a MUCH larger fine since that is the case.
Originally posted by spizzy:

That is sick if u believe that
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Im not sure if it is, I saw it on twitter on thought I would pass it along in case it is real
http://www.wtop.com/41/2920075/The-plight-of-Baltimores-Gerry-Sandusky

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/30867/jerry-sands

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpexq1io9X1qeaqak.jpg

Seriously "abnormal and strange" really? That's f**king disgusting

It's got to be fake and really sick if created by someone to justify their feelings. He referred to him as Mr. In my world, adding a title implies a level of respect. He, they, deserve no respect.
The penalty wasnt harsh enough.death penalty,heavy fines,bowl bans,scholarship reductions,wtfever wont give those kids back their innocence.when it comes to kids,I dont give a s**t what happens to some football program,the school,whoever.the message had to be sent.MESS WITH LIL KIDS AND YOUR ASS IS GON GET HAMMERED.whoever gets hit as collateral damage,oh well, too bad for em.they want someone to blame,blame the nasty f**ks who did it and covered it up.

f**k joe paterno for coverin that s**t up,f**k the penn state administration for lettin the 2 f**ks run rampant,and muthaf**k jerry sandusky.
at the students reaction acting surprised

Like they didn't know that they weren't going to get their s**t pushed in by the NCAA
the paterno family needs to shut the f*** up

are you f****** kidding me
your daddy was the right hand man of a molester

This....Saying that their due process was violated

Calling it "Sandusky's" crimes as if their father was innocent. Denial can be a b***h