There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

Kobe Bryant Suggests 2012 U.S. Team Could Beat 1992 ‘Dream Team' what do you think?

I just played this on 2K12 and for some reason the current team out-rebounded the dream team tenfold
Dominating 35-17 against Argentina
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Dominating 35-17 against Argentina

The Argentine's cut it to seven at halftime
This broadcast sucks
Lol
Wow a 6 point win and an 11 point win in the so far. I'm worried this team may actually lose.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wow a 6 point win and an 11 point win in the so far. I'm worried this team may actually lose.

They keep playing this way and they will lose, maybe more than once. This team couldn't even come close to keeping up with the original dream team. What was Kobe smoking when he said that?!
they'll be alright.. i think they will start smackin' fools once the real games begin
A 5 point win vs. Lithuiania tells you what you need to know there....
No size killed this team today
the fact that talk radio or print media are even still discussing this is just lazy ass journalism. it was never really a debate, and now there's no doubt. if you think this team could beat the dream team, good for you, i don't care cause i don't take your opinion seriously.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by drunk49er:
the fact that talk radio or print media are even still discussing this is just lazy ass journalism. it was never really a debate, and now there's no doubt. if you think this team could beat the dream team, good for you, i don't care cause i don't take your opinion seriously.

Of course they could beat the Dream Team. The context the statement was made had nothing to do with whether Kobe thought this team was better, but instead whether he thought they could beat them. International basketball has grown leaps and bounds since the Dream Team played in the Olympics and comparing scores is pointless.
Larry Bird admitted the 2012 team would win in a statement:

"I haven't played in 20 years and we're all old now."
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Of course they could beat the Dream Team. The context the statement was made had nothing to do with whether Kobe thought this team was better, but instead whether he thought they could beat them. International basketball has grown leaps and bounds since the Dream Team played in the Olympics and comparing scores is pointless.

that is a fair point, but the dream team would win 8-9/10 games

this team severely lacks size, so the dream team would just have to roll out their big guys and get them the ball on the block and get the 2012 team into some serious foul trouble, then it's over. i think it would be a good game, but honestly the 2008 team would have a better shot against the dream team.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by drunk49er:
Originally posted by AmpLee:

that is a fair point, but the dream team would win 8-9/10 games

this team severely lacks size, so the dream team would just have to roll out their big guys and get them the ball on the block and get the 2012 team into some serious foul trouble, then it's over. i think it would be a good game, but honestly the 2008 team would have a better shot against the dream team.

I agree that the dream team was better, but I don't think it's because it was some Golden age in basketball. I think if the US were to have Howard and Bynum on the team along with some other guys that are missing out, it would be a much more evenly matched squad.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home