Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
No sleep, til Brooklyn!!!!!

Got season tix to dat rite der woadie!!!

man I'll choose knicks if howard goes to brooklyn

Howard has been a douche but I live in BK near the stadium so Nets are growing on me.

I can't quit those warriors
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA As Orlando works to unload Dwight Howard, Magic focusing on Lakers' Andrew Bynum as top target, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on site.
Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider Fields was 1 of Knicks few trade chips for Nash RT @ESPNSteinLine: Raptors and Knicks' RFA Landry Fields have agreed to 3-year offer sheet
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA As Orlando works to unload Dwight Howard, Magic focusing on Lakers' Andrew Bynum as top target, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on site.

3 team deal? Nets get Howard, Orlando gets Bynum, Lakers get Brooke Lopez + whatever fillers to make the trade work?
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

The Bynum thing is intriguing. On one hand, Bynum is gonna demand a max deal for his next contract, and I'm not sure his health risk/inconsistency warrants such an investment, so I get trying to get a guy like Howard in return who is a much safer option as a max type player. However, I really don't like either guy's attitude and don't really know if either player combined with our current squad is good enough to get us over the hump to championship contender (especially with an aging Kobe). At the very least, LA is a destination so even if we were to lose Howard after the year, rebuilding isn't such a monumental task. In fact, I'd rather rebuild and save giving a guy a max deal until after Kobe retires and we have a solid foundation of a squad.

The NBA is just losing appeal for me though. The money being thrown around is absurd and is really hurting the future for fair deals.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

3 team deal? Nets get Howard, Orlando gets Bynum, Lakers get Brooke Lopez + whatever fillers to make the trade work?

that probably would work but if im the Lakers and im giving up Bynum i better get back Howard
Sorry but i wouldn't spend a dime on Howard til I see that back is healthy.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=85owurx

Throw in some draft picks and lets make it happen.

Martell Webster and Brad Miller contracts can be bought out pretty cheap so thats why i threw them in
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

that probably would work but if im the Lakers and im giving up Bynum i better get back Howard

Lol yeah f**k Brooke Lopez
The Magic are focusing their attention to trading Dwight Howard in a deal involving Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Beyond Bynum, Orlando would require draft picks and absorb long-term money from their payroll either in the form of Hedo Turkoglu or Jason Richardson.

A trade centered around Howard for Bynum has long been considered a strong possibility.

Orlando would seek a contract extension with Bynum before they sign off on a trade.

Sources say there is one other trade scenario for a significant player that intrigues general manager Rob Hennigan, but the specifics are unknown.

The Magic have continued discussions with the Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets, but aren't enamored with the possibilities of players and picks.

The Magic are in no rush to deal for Howard.

I don't want Dwight...the way he's handled all of this has been ridiculous, overly dramatic, and absolutely the furthest thing from professional. I have no confidence in him signing an extension with us and personally, I am slowly starting to think this guy is a fake. Portrays himself to be one thing when in reality he's another. Dwight Howard, I used to like you a lot...now I think you're a punk ass buster...
No sleep, til Brooklyn!!!!!

Got season tix to dat rite der woadie!!!

man I'll choose knicks if howard goes to brooklyn

Howard has been a douche but I live in BK near the stadium so Nets are growing on me.

I can't quit those warriors

I haz a proud
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Bynum is the best Center in the league. I'd do that trade over in a heart beat if I was the Magic

Howards a little diva b***h. I know Bynum is immature but he doesnt ask for the trade then say nevermind I want to stay and sign the opt-in clause. And then a few months later saying they blackmailed him into signing the clause and demanding a trade to only one team that has no trade assets.
isnt that how kobe acted when he wanted a trade?
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Bynum is the best Center in the league. I'd do that trade over in a heart beat if I was the Magic

Howards a little diva b***h. I know Bynum is immature but he doesnt ask for the trade then say nevermind I want to stay and sign the opt-in clause. And then a few months later saying they blackmailed him into signing the clause and demanding a trade to only one team that has no trade assets.

I agree about Bynum being the best center in the league. His health is a concern for me though.
They should trade him to the bobcats for Byron Mullens just as a big f**k you to Dwight