LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.

do they even want howard any more?

afford him?
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.

afford him?

I think they've given up...this is a telling sign that it really does appear Dwight is in LA or bust mode...
[ Edited by GameOver on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:22 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I don't care much for Dwight Howard...but you guys are being way too harsh. The dude is in mid-20s, got drafted right out of high-school...to a team he didn't pick to go to - and it's really not that big of a deal if he can't make up his mind about what he really wants to do. It's his first big decision. People are getting way too sensitive to this kind of stuff. It's his life, and there is nothing too wrong with what he is doing. Ideally, you'd like him to decide and not waffle, but it's a big decision - and sometimes you can't decide what is best for you and there is nothing wrong with changing your mind and taking more time.

He is doing what is best for him, and Orlando should do what is best for them.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

afford him?

I think they've given up...this is a telling sign that it really does appear Dwight is in LA or bust mode...

Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks… and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017….move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson

I guess they really want just 6 guys on their roster
Lol the nets roll out starting only 4 players
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks… and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017….move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson

Don't they have Gerald Wallace too?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

He's a FA now. Would they be able to afford him if they for Dwight though?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

I heard they resigned him already for a $10M a year deal...

Yeah, I think it's four years for $40 mill if I'm not mistaken
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yeah, I think it's four years for $40 mill if I'm not mistaken

Oh snap!

My bad. Yeah, that four can do done serious damage in their first year.

Originally posted by ImaMod:

afford him?

Look at the time stamp of that update (which I heard was by Chris Broussard around 630am PST) and compare it to the time stamps of the updates that they are in the process of acquiring Reggie Evans (this afternoon), and then the time stamp of the update that

The Magic are focusing their attention to trading Dwight Howard in a deal involving Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Beyond Bynum, Orlando would require draft picks and absorb long-term money from their payroll either in the form of Hedo Turkoglu or Jason Richardson.

A trade centered around Howard for Bynum has long been considered a strong possibility.

Orlando would seek a contract extension with Bynum before they sign off on a trade.

Sources say there is one other trade scenario for a significant player that intrigues general manager Rob Hennigan, but the specifics are unknown.

The Magic have continued discussions with the Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets, but aren't enamored with the possibilities of players and picks.

The Magic are in no rush to deal for Howard. (Jul 03, 2012 1:12 PM EDT)

It's LA or bust (or at least, so it seems) at this point...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Look at the time stamp of that update (which I heard was by Chris Broussard around 630am PST) and compare it to the time stamps of the updates that they are in the process of acquiring Reggie Evans (this afternoon), and then the time stamp of the update that

The Magic are focusing their attention to trading Dwight Howard in a deal involving Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Beyond Bynum, Orlando would require draft picks and absorb long-term money from their payroll either in the form of Hedo Turkoglu or Jason Richardson.

A trade centered around Howard for Bynum has long been considered a strong possibility.

Orlando would seek a contract extension with Bynum before they sign off on a trade.

Sources say there is one other trade scenario for a significant player that intrigues general manager Rob Hennigan, but the specifics are unknown.

The Magic have continued discussions with the Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets, but aren't enamored with the possibilities of players and picks.

If both teams require the players to sign extensions before signing off on the trade - I think the deal is DOA. Why would Bynum sign an extension with Orlando after playing his whole career in LA?

If both teams require the players to sign extensions before signing off on the trade - I think the deal is DOA. Why would Bynum sign an extension with Orlando after playing his whole career in LA?

Bynum wants his own team and a huge pay day. If Orlando throws him a max contract, he'll take it. He's been asked repeatedly if he wants to stay in LA and he always responds with something synonymous with "I'll play anywhere". He's young, a bit arrogant, and full of talent. He'll go to Orlando and think he can carry that team to the promise land. Then he'll fail...repeatedly...for years...then he'll understand, and grow, and mature...

Or his knees will just blow out before any of that happens
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Do not want Howard.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Official

"@WojYahooNBA: Deron Williams has reached agreement on a 5 year, $100 million extension with Brooklyn, a league source tells Y! Sports."
Share 49ersWebzone