There are 155 users in the forums

2012 NBA Finals

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Not at all.

So even though a Cleveland team with a less polished LBJ and no one else nearly as good as Bosh was consistently a contender, a more polished LBJ + Bosh (not to mention their outstanding record in games Wade missed) couldn't have won it all?? So basically what you're saying is you don't think LBJ is a legendary player because legendary players can win it all with a Chris Bosh caliber player as their sidekick. Duncan would have won rings with Bosh as the #2 player, so would Jordan, so would Bird, etc...hell, Hakeem didn't even have a teammate of Bosh's caliber in '94...now, I'm not saying it would have been a sure thing because the #3-12 players on that team would have been crappy, but it certainly is very possible.

And also, as for centers, I'll give you Chandler and Marc Gasol as well, so as goofy as it may sound, Gortat IS more than likely a top-5 center in the NBA.

And you really think Wade and his redundant talents help that squad more than a dynamite PG like Lawson would?
[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM ]
Not gonna argue with you.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

That team is a really good team

I mean, ya, they won the championship, but it was LBJ that makes them a really good, championship winning team. People act like this is a championship caliber team even without him and he just hopped on board for an easy path to a ring.

If Bosh wasn't healthy they would have gotten smoked. It's a great team talent-wise, don't get it twisted.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Not gonna argue with you.

I mean, these are all very rational points and you seem to enjoy good-natured basketball debates so I'm not sure why not, but OK, you're entitled to
do what you want.

Can anyone verify that this is the same club the Mavs partied at after they won the chip last year?
Originally posted by GameOver:

Can anyone verify that this is the same club the Mavs partied at after they won the chip last year?

I didn't know those guys sing. Or try to. Not sure if good or not....

The club looks darker than the Mavs club last year doesn't it? Lighting can be easily changed. And the setting and background can be changed. I don't know. It doesn't look the same. I don't live in Miami. Do we have a Miami poster? Ask them.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jun 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM ]
Lol cavs..ironic
Originally posted by GameOver:

It is.

How do you not comprehend the analogy...and I'm not saying that Gortat/Lawson are better than Wade, I'm saying they could be a better fit on that particular team, just like Mike Wallace would be a better fit on a team that had Tom Brady than would Drew Brees...just like a good wing would be a better fit on a team with Chris Paul than would Rajon Rondo.

Dude, I understand your simple analogy it's not complicated. I just don't agree with your analogy in relation to Gortat/Lawson and Wade. How do you not comprehend that? I told you that I kind of understand your initial point about Bron and Wade not complementing each other perfectly and you took it to a crazy level with the Gortat thing. Also, there are a number of centers besides Howard and Bynum that are better than him...
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
It is.

All the clubs look the same to me... especially after a bunch of drinks
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
It is.

All the clubs look the same to me... especially after a bunch of drinks

It's Club Liv. Rick Ross mentions it in a song, that's why it stands out to me. Also googled "mavs club liv" and it came up.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Dude, I understand your simple analogy it's not complicated. I just don't agree with your analogy in relation to Gortat/Lawson and Wade. How do you not comprehend that? I told you that I kind of understand your initial point about Bron and Wade not complementing each other perfectly and you took it to a crazy level with the Gortat thing. Also, there are a number of centers besides Howard and Bynum that are better than him...

A number of centers? I gave you Howard, Bynum, Chandler, and M. Gasol. How many others could there POSSIBLY be? And unlike Bynum (headcase, frequent disinterest) and Chandler (very limited offensively), Gortat doesn't have any big-time glaring holes to his game. I almost think because he's Polish with a goofy name, a goofy face/nose, and was a backup for a while (to Howard, and during that time many were saying he could start on most teams), that's why people think it's absurd. But his GAME is really very nice and he really is likely a top-5 center in the league. I bet if he was black and his name was Tom Williams, then it wouldn't seem like such a stretch. He'd fill a HUGE hole in that Heat lineup whereas Wade fills no hole whatsoever because everything he does, LBJ does better. And even without Wade (and no Lawson/Gortat caliber complementary piece), they were outstanding this year...how do you explain that? A lack of a huge, true big is something that hurt them a bunch, and the fact that they won the title does nothing to dispel that - they won the title IN SPITE of their hugely flawed roster because LeBron is just that good.

Their success without Wade this year shows that a Chalmers/spot up shooter/Battier/LBJ/Bosh lineup might arguably operate better than a Chalmers/Wade/Battier/LBJ/Bosh lineup...let alone a Lawson/spot up shooter/Battier/LBJ/Bosh lineup or a Chalmers/Battier/LBJ/Bosh/Gortat lineup.

I can understand if you disagree, but to think it's ABSURD to flip Wade for a Lawson or Gortat and have them be better when they were IN REALITY better this year without Wade period (and no Lawson/Gortat caliber player to show for it) is ridiculous.
A number of centers? I gave you Howard, Bynum, Chandler, and M. Gasol. How many others could there POSSIBLY be? And unlike Bynum (headcase, frequent disinterest) and Chandler (very limited offensively), Gortat doesn't have any big-time glaring holes to his game. I almost think because he's Polish with a goofy name, a goofy face/nose, and was a backup for a while (to Howard, and during that time many were saying he could start on most teams), that's why people think it's absurd. But his GAME is really very nice and he really is likely a top-5 center in the league. I bet if he was black and his name was Tom Williams, then it wouldn't seem like such a stretch. He'd fill a HUGE hole in that Heat lineup whereas Wade fills no hole whatsoever because everything he does, LBJ does better. And even without Wade (and no Lawson/Gortat caliber complementary piece), they were outstanding this year...how do you explain that? A lack of a huge, true big is something that hurt them a bunch, and the fact that they won the title does nothing to dispel that - they won the title IN SPITE of their hugely flawed roster because LeBron is just that good.

Their success without Wade this year shows that a Chalmers/spot up shooter/Battier/LBJ/Bosh lineup might arguably operate better than a Chalmers/Wade/Battier/LBJ/Bosh lineup...let alone a Lawson/spot up shooter/Battier/LBJ/Bosh lineup or a Chalmers/Battier/LBJ/Bosh/Gortat lineup.

I can understand if you disagree, but to think it's ABSURD to flip Wade for a Lawson or Gortat and have them be better when they were IN REALITY better this year without Wade period (and no Lawson/Gortat caliber player to show for it) is ridiculous.

I only read the first line of your response about who is better than Gortat. Don't feel like reading the rest. Here are people that are better:

Cousins
Hibbert
Noah
Spencer Hawes is probably better
Brook Lopez
Nene
Al Jefferson
I would rather have Deandre Jordan than your bff

That is just a few off the top. Some times you should just let stuff go man.
Share 49ersWebzone