LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

2012 NBA Finals

Originally posted by andes14:
Hey man, Gortat's nobody to sneeze at. He averaged 15 and 10 and was the leading scorer on a team that was in the playoff hunt til the very end (would have made it if in East because they would have won more games in the East). He's also a legit 7 footer who plays like a legit 7 footer and will shoot a very high %, something that would debatbly make the Heat better than Wade's redundancy (and btw, Wade is starting to break down a bit). Also is a very nice defender. How many pure centers are clearly better than Gortat in today's NBA? Dwight Howard (if healthy) for sure but not too many others and being a pure center in and of itself is a luxury in today's NBA and definitely something the Heat don't have (unless you consider Joel Anthony, but he's so limited offensively that they don't even play him anymore) And DEFINITELY don't sneeze at Lawson. Within 3 years I think it's very possible that the 2 best PG's on the planet will be him and Kyrie Irving. Bosh is a nice piece, but simply overrated and way overpaid.

Gortat is a nice player, but if you replaced Wade with him the Heat would not be better. That is all I'm saying, and that is a fact. Also, I'm not sneezing at Ty Lawson. He is a reallly good PG. But you, the man they call andes "northae" 14, don't sleep on baby daddy #1 D-Wade.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Gortat is a nice player, but if you replaced Wade with him the Heat would not be better. That is all I'm saying, and that is a fact. Also, I'm not sneezing at Ty Lawson. He is a reallly good PG. But you, the man they call andes "northae" 14, don't sleep on baby daddy #1 D-Wade.

Even if Wade weren't 30 and starting to break down a bit, he doesn't complement LBJ very well, that's my point. So even if you would pick Wade over Lawson if starting a team, that doesn't mean Wade is a better option to play next to LBJ than is Lawson. It's like, Rajon Rondo is more talented than a lot of good scoring wings, doesn't mean you would choose Rondo over a good scoring wing if you already have Chris Paul on your team. Drew Brees is a better football player than, say, Mike Wallace - but if you already have Tom Brady on your team, you'd rather have Wallace than Brees, ya dig?

Even if Wade weren't 30 and starting to break down a bit, he doesn't complement LBJ very well, that's my point. So even if you would pick Wade over Lawson if starting a team, that doesn't mean Wade is a better option to play next to LBJ than is Lawson. It's like, Rajon Rondo is more talented than a lot of good scoring wings, doesn't mean you would choose Rondo over a good scoring wing if you already have Chris Paul on your team. Drew Brees is a better football player than, say, Mike Wallace - but if you already have Tom Brady on your team, you'd rather have Wallace than Brees, ya dig?

But they just won a championship

Why would anyone break this team up now after the way they dominated the thunder?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Why would anyone break this team up now after the way they dominated the thunder?

Gortat is worth it, duh. He will change that franchise for the next ten to fifteen years.

Gortat is worth it, duh. He will change that franchise for the next ten to fifteen years.

There must be some good bath salts going around these days

Oh yeah big dog, your obvious analogies that compare the NFL and Rondo are REALLY obvious and don't fit in this case. Ty Lawson is one thing, but then you mean to tell me that Gortat is an upgrade over D Wade. Put down the bammer...
Apparently Marcin Gortat is Polish for "Kurt Thomas".
Oh yeah big dog, your obvious analogies that compare the NFL and Rondo are REALLY obvious and don't fit in this case. Ty Lawson is one thing, but then you mean to tell me that Gortat is an upgrade over D Wade. Put down the bammer...

How do you not comprehend the analogy...and I'm not saying that Gortat/Lawson are better than Wade, I'm saying they could be a better fit on that particular team, just like Mike Wallace would be a better fit on a team that had Tom Brady than would Drew Brees...just like a good wing would be a better fit on a team with Chris Paul than would Rajon Rondo.

I'm noy saying they should or will...I'm saying that Wade's talents are somewhat wasted on that team because they already have someone that already does the same things, only better. Just because you win a championship doesn't mean it's impossible to be better. 90's Bulls won a lot of rings, that doesn't mean they wouldn't have been better if they had John Stockton at PG or Hakeem Olajuwon at center...
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Apparently Marcin Gortat is Polish for "Kurt Thomas".

Really? So you, nor anyone else, thinks Wade is redundant on that team and that's why oftentimes their offense looked stagnant/clunky?? Am I the only one that's aware that they had an unbelievable record in games that Wade missed??

Hell, forget replacing Wade with a lesser talented but more complementary piece...you could probably say there's a chance Miami would have won it all this year even with Wade simply not on the team...would that notion be THAT ridiculous? A less polished Cleveland LBJ consistently went deep in the playoffs...now you got a better LBJ in 2012 along with Bosh (who, though overrated, is still waaaaay better than any Cavalier teammate LBJ ever had)...that team could have potentially won it all sans Wade.

And, again, I'm not taking anything away from Wade's raw talent, just that his talent is not very complementary to a team built around James...why no one thinks it could be worth it to have someone else with less talent but whose talent is more complementary is beyond any rational thought. Yes, if I were starting a team from scratch, he'd be one of the first players I'd choose, please understand what I'm saying...
[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 22, 2012 at 4:48 PM ]

I'm trying this new thing where I don't argue with the insane.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm trying this new thing where I don't argue with the insane.

Dwyane Wade > Pau Gasol, no? But I don't think you would have rather had Wade than Gasol on the Lakers in '09 and '10, would you? How do you not get where I'm coming from??!
I do get where you're coming from. The problem is that you take this to it's illogical extreme and say that Marcin Gortat would help Miami more than Wade.
^ And btw, how many pure centers are there in the NBA right now better than Gortat, other than Howard and Bynum?? Think about it...

Do you agree with me on Lawson? Or that Miami could have potentially won it all without Wade this yr?
[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 22, 2012 at 4:57 PM ]
^ And btw, how many pure centers are there in the NBA right now better than Gortat, other than Howard and Bynum?? Think about it...

Do you agree with me on Lawson? Or that Miami could have potentially won it all without Wade this yr?

Not at all.
Share 49ersWebzone