LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

2012 NBA Finals

Originally posted by BobS:
I don't get it, old tired Boston drug the Heat out 7 games, then the Heat go through the Thunder in 5. WTF.

Sports doesn't work like that, man. That's like saying if team A beat team B and team B beat team C, how the HELL could team C EVER beat team A.

And look back in '08, the Celtics got pushed to 7 games in the first 2 rounds, then closed the last 2 rounds out in 6. There's no logical pattern in sports. Besides, in 6, maybe even all 7, games of the Boston series, Bosh was either not playing or very limited.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by BobS:
I don't get it, old tired Boston drug the Heat out 7 games, then the Heat go through the Thunder in 5. WTF.

Sports doesn't work like that, man. That's like saying if team A beat team B and team B beat team C, how the HELL could team C EVER beat team A.

And look back in '08, the Celtics got pushed to 7 games in the first 2 rounds, then closed the last 2 rounds out in 6. There's no logical pattern in sports. Besides, in 6, maybe even all 7, games of the Boston series, Bosh was either not playing or very limited.

Plus Boston has Ray Allen, and Ray Allen >>>>>>>> Kobe Bryant.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Damn! No basketball or football... I hate this month and a half. At least until pre-season. Baseball is the hold over, but that is third on my list behind football and basketball.

Draft next week and summer league ball a couple after that!

Olympics
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Well earned. I thought I'd be pretty "meh" about this group winning a ring since they formed the team in the way that they did, but they won it in a way that I respect. They scrapped their asses off.

Props to LeBron for finally putting it all together, especially between the ears.

$100 says that this isn't the last time these two teams meet in the Finals in the next 5 years.

IMO, people saying LBJ joined an incredible team are way overblowing that sentiment. Yes, Wade has been an elite player in this game, but doesn't COMPLEMENT LBJ that well since he does the same things and is pretty much redundant (if, instead of Wade, they had a player that wasn't quite as talented, but a better complement, such as a Ty Lawson, or even a Marcin Gortat, I think they'd be even better). Chris Bosh is incredibly overrated and that money would have been WAAAAAY better spent adding 2 $9M/yr guys. And then the rest of the team is CRAP. Sure guys like Miller and Battier and their moments hitting some 3's in the Finals but all regular season and the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, guys like Miller, Battier, Haslem, etc. played like the old, way past their primes, body breaking down guys that they are. No good PG, no real center, etc. Plus even Wade was very inconsistent in the playoffs. It's not like LBJ formed/joined a team that had Chris Paul at guard, Dwight Howard at center, Kevin Love at PF, studs coming off the bench, etc. In short, Bosh is overrated, Wade is redundant, rest of team for the most part played like crap all year. The hype of that "superteam" is way overblown.
Well earned. I thought I'd be pretty "meh" about this group winning a ring since they formed the team in the way that they did, but they won it in a way that I respect. They scrapped their asses off.

Props to LeBron for finally putting it all together, especially between the ears.

$100 says that this isn't the last time these two teams meet in the Finals in the next 5 years.

IMO, people saying LBJ joined an incredible team are way overblowing that sentiment. Yes, Wade has been an elite player in this game, but doesn't COMPLEMENT LBJ that well since he does the same things and is pretty much redundant (if, instead of Wade, they had a player that wasn't quite as talented, but a better complement, such as a Ty Lawson, or even a Marcin Gortat, I think they'd be even better). Chris Bosh is incredibly overrated and that money would have been WAAAAAY better spent adding 2 $9M/yr guys. And then the rest of the team is CRAP. Sure guys like Miller and Battier and their moments hitting some 3's in the Finals but all regular season and the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, guys like Miller, Battier, Haslem, etc. played like the old, way past their primes, body breaking down guys that they are. No good PG, no real center, etc. Plus even Wade was very inconsistent in the playoffs. It's not like LBJ formed/joined a team that had Chris Paul at guard, Dwight Howard at center, Kevin Love at PF, studs coming off the bench, etc. In short, Bosh is overrated, Wade is redundant, rest of team for the most part played like crap all year. The hype of that "superteam" is way overblown.

That team is a really good team
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

That team is a really good team

I mean, ya, they won the championship, but it was LBJ that makes them a really good, championship winning team. People act like this is a championship caliber team even without him and he just hopped on board for an easy path to a ring.

there should be a rule against allowing you to post, ever
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

First, LOL @ the reply.
Second, I used to think bosh was overrated, but his shot is money, his freethrows are money, he is expanding his threepoint game, and is decent in help defense. That is a pretty solid player in my book. (plus when he was needed in the playoffs he did his part, this year and last (see bulls series))

Dude... I kind of understand your point about Wade and Bron not really complimenting each other that well, but Gortat? You think that the Heat would be better with Gortat over Wade? Man... come on. To call that a extreme reach is not justice. That is straight BS. Ty Lawson over Wade is already a huge reach, but Gortat? Come on..

Also, Bosh was overrated coming over to MIA and being part of the "big 3." But he proved his worth. Dude is a good baller. And if you are going to replace him with 2 $9 mill guys it depends who they are obviously. I think you are taking him for granted. I did also until he got hurt. And to say the rest of the team is crap after these playoffs is just ignorant. I thought so before the playoffs, but they changed my mind. Chalmers and Battier in particular. They proved themselves on the big stage. And, they are a HUGE reason why MIA won.

Originally posted by coeliyian:
First, LOL @ the reply.
Second, I used to think bosh was overrated, but his shot is money, his freethrows are money, he is expanding his threepoint game, and is decent in help defense. That is a pretty solid player in my book. (plus when he was needed in the playoffs he did his part, this year and last (see bulls series))

Yes, Bosh is a nice player. Not saying he's the worst player of all time. But he is not the superstar so many think he is and he is CERTAINLY not deserving of a 9 figure contract. That's all I'm saying...
Originally posted by sacniner:
Dude... I kind of understand your point about Wade and Bron not really complimenting each other that well, but Gortat? You think that the Heat would be better with Gortat over Wade? Man... come on. To call that a extreme reach is not justice. That is straight BS. Ty Lawson over Wade is already a huge reach, but Gortat? Come on..

Also, Bosh was overrated coming over to MIA and being part of the "big 3." But he proved his worth. Dude is a good baller. And if you are going to replace him with 2 $9 mill guys it depends who they are obviously. I think you are taking him for granted. I did also until he got hurt. And to say the rest of the team is crap after these playoffs is just ignorant. I thought so before the playoffs, but they changed my mind. Chalmers and Battier in particular. They proved themselves on the big stage. And, they are a HUGE reason why MIA won.

Hey man, Gortat's nobody to sneeze at. He averaged 15 and 10 and was the leading scorer on a team that was in the playoff hunt til the very end (would have made it if in East because they would have won more games in the East). He's also a legit 7 footer who plays like a legit 7 footer and will shoot a very high %, something that would debatbly make the Heat better than Wade's redundancy (and btw, Wade is starting to break down a bit). Also is a very nice defender. How many pure centers are clearly better than Gortat in today's NBA? Dwight Howard (if healthy) for sure but not too many others and being a pure center in and of itself is a luxury in today's NBA and definitely something the Heat don't have (unless you consider Joel Anthony, but he's so limited offensively that they don't even play him anymore) And DEFINITELY don't sneeze at Lawson. Within 3 years I think it's very possible that the 2 best PG's on the planet will be him and Kyrie Irving. Bosh is a nice piece, but simply overrated and way overpaid.
i dont think miami beats celtics without bosh
First, LOL @ the reply.

Yes, Bosh is a nice player. Not saying he's the worst player of all time. But he is not the superstar so many think he is and he is CERTAINLY not deserving of a 9 figure contract. That's all I'm saying...

I can agree with that, he isn't worth his contract, or worth being listed as part of a Big three. he is a good starter though.
First, LOL @ the reply.

I can agree with that, he isn't worth his contract, or worth being listed as part of a Big three. he is a good starter though.

He could average 25 and 10 on any team as the go to guy. Those numbers are max contract worthy.
Share 49ersWebzone