• Veteran
OKC in 7 Games.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Niners99:
It will feel like the villian won if OKC doesnt take them down.

You arent supposed to just be able to buy a championship. If justice prevails, OKC wins.

Didn't Miami stay under the cap? Aren't there teams that spent way more in salaries than the Heat?

And on a side note, it's a little weird hearing this from a 49ers fan considering we won ALL our SBs pre salary cap era and spent the most $$$ year in and year out from what I remember.

We drafted our franchise players. The only player we ever signed mercenary style to make a significant difference in a SB run was Deion Sanders.

The Heat came into posession of this team because 3 of the best f/a players decided they liked South Beach best, and took pay cuts to play together. Then pronounced they would win 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc championships before they even played a game. They arent just a regular team under the cap.

The Niners bought the last Super Bowl. Deion was the greatest CB of all time and we got him in his prime. We also signed Ken Norton, Ricky Jackson, Tim McDonald from free agency. We paid big bucks to Steve Young to keep him on the bench. Eddie D and policy were known for "beating" the salary cap and spending lavishly. And other teams fans hated us for it in very similar fashion that you are hating on
The Heat.

You said you arent supposed to be able to buy a championship which applies more to the Niners Championship years than it does to the current Heat.

Wait......what?

Montana years.... He was the highest paid backup in the NFL. Just pointing out how Eddie spent big bucks, even for depth.

Oh, ok. You kinda threw that in there with all that 94 stuff.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Greg Oden vs Esco

LOL

Yungace killing this thread

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
So because he makes charitable donations, he's unable to act like a douche?

Exactly how is Wade a douche?

People like Floyd Mayweather who are known to rub it in everyones faces that he has money, continually make racist comments and not give a crap, taunt other athletes are douches.

What has Wade done to be considered a douche?

I respect people like Wade that use their money to help the less fortunate. Unlike selfish people like Mayweather that couldn't care less about anyone else but themselves.

I think they're referring to Wade on the court. Ndamignddkoung Suh could make charitable donations but he's still a first ballot douche on the field

This man they call Ace is wise beyond his post count
So because he makes charitable donations, he's unable to act like a douche?

Exactly how is Wade a douche?

People like Floyd Mayweather who are known to rub it in everyones faces that he has money, continually make racist comments and not give a crap, taunt other athletes are douches.

What has Wade done to be considered a douche?

I respect people like Wade that use their money to help the less fortunate. Unlike selfish people like Mayweather that couldn't care less about anyone else but themselves.

Mayweather is actually one of the most charitable athletes out there. He does a lot of stuff WITHOUT cameras around...but that's for another thread.
Originally posted by Tman:
This man they call Ace is wise beyond his post count

t mayne!
man how disappointed would you be if either team swept the finals?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Would you do a break-down of match-ups or your thoughts on the matchups and the series? Would love to read your insights.

Sure thing.

Actually, I need to chew on it a bit. Lots of good, juicy stuff in this matchup.

I can wait. If you got time - I'd love a super-long preview dealing with potential matchups, or whatever you can think of.

Next 48 hours are going to go real slow...can't f**king wait.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
LOL - what is this Wade is a douche on the court talk? Damn, some of you guys are sensitive dirty vaginas - looking for a douche. Anyway...back to the series - it doesn't matter if Wade is a douche, he needs to be the 3rd best player on the floor if Heat are to win this series.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Heat in 6
LeBron will average 35 PPG, will score 42 in game 6

BOOM

and I still don't get why people think Wade is a douche on or off the court. Someone compared him to Suh, he has done nothing similar to what Suh has done.
Wade was getting elbowed all game before he pushes Rip Hamilton and people think he's a douche.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM ]

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Heat in 6
LeBron will average 35 PPG, will score 42 in game 6

BOOM

and I still don't get why people think Wade is a douche on or off the court. Someone compared him to Suh, he has done nothing similar to what Suh has done.
Wade was getting elbowed all game before he pushes Rip Hamilton and people think he's a douche.

It's an exaggeration, just like people calling Wade and Lebron floppers. I didn't see a flop from either of them in the Boston series. You switch to the other conference finals - and Hardin, Ginobili, and Parker were flipping and flopping all throughout the series.
I wonder if Spoelstra regrets benching LeBron, Bosh, and Wade the last 2 games of the season (which were both losses). A win in one of those and the Heat/Thunder have the same record (also 1-1 in regular season).

Not sure what the next tiebreaker is but I feel like OKC having home court might be the difference in the series.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I wonder if Spoelstra regrets benching LeBron, Bosh, and Wade the last 2 games of the season (which were both losses). A win in one of those and the Heat/Thunder have the same record (also 1-1 in regular season).

Not sure what the next tiebreaker is but I feel like OKC having home court might be the difference in the series.

He definitely must be regretting that. But Miami has shown in these playoffs, when they NEEDED a win away from home, they got it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
One more day...!!!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
It's an exaggeration, just like people calling Wade and Lebron floppers. I didn't see a flop from either of them in the Boston series. You switch to the other conference finals - and Hardin, Ginobili, and Parker were flipping and flopping all throughout the series.

Wade flops every time he shoots. First he sells contact that isn't there by flailing to the ground then screams at the referees after they don't fall for it. So by your standards of flopping, does that make Wade a double flopper or some sort of super flopper?
Share 49ersWebzone