There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Finals

Can't wait for this. In terms of Finals matchups that didn't involve the Lakers, I've never been more excited for a Finals series than this one. Orlando vs. Houston in '95 is the only one that compares.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Can't wait for this. In terms of Finals matchups that didn't involve the Lakers, I've never been more excited for a Finals series than this one. Orlando vs. Houston in '95 is the only one that compares.

Would you do a break-down of match-ups or your thoughts on the matchups and the series? Would love to read your insights.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Would you do a break-down of match-ups or your thoughts on the matchups and the series? Would love to read your insights.

Sure thing.

Actually, I need to chew on it a bit. Lots of good, juicy stuff in this matchup.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I think how the Thunder match up against Bosh will be very interesting
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Sure thing.

Actually, I need to chew on it a bit. Lots of good, juicy stuff in this matchup.

I can't remember the last time a Finals matchup was so unpredictable. This is going to be exciting. I know I picked the Heat in 6 but that's only for what I hope. Can't even understand how this series will go.

The good thing is that there's no old age excuse, there's no youth excuse (OKC is legit now) and there's no "well one team just had the dominant player" excuse.

This one is going to be a very interesting series to watch sweep or 7 games.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So because he makes charitable donations, he's unable to act like a douche?

Exactly how is Wade a douche?

People like Floyd Mayweather who are known to rub it in everyones faces that he has money, continually make racist comments and not give a crap, taunt other athletes are douches.

What has Wade done to be considered a douche?

I respect people like Wade that use their money to help the less fortunate. Unlike selfish people like Mayweather that couldn't care less about anyone else but themselves.

I think they're referring to Wade on the court. Ndamignddkoung Suh could make charitable donations but he's still a first ballot douche on the field
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Greg Oden vs Esco
Originally posted by Antix:
I think how the Thunder match up against Bosh will be very interesting

Yeah he's most likely going to draw Ibaka out of the paint like he did to KG in game 7 and Perkins will then get into foul trouble often.
I can't wait to watch Sefolosha vs Battier

They're going to take each other completely out of the game lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It will feel like the villian won if OKC doesnt take them down.

You arent supposed to just be able to buy a championship. If justice prevails, OKC wins.

Didn't Miami stay under the cap? Aren't there teams that spent way more in salaries than the Heat?

And on a side note, it's a little weird hearing this from a 49ers fan considering we won ALL our SBs pre salary cap era and spent the most $$$ year in and year out from what I remember.

We drafted our franchise players. The only player we ever signed mercenary style to make a significant difference in a SB run was Deion Sanders.

The Heat came into posession of this team because 3 of the best f/a players decided they liked South Beach best, and took pay cuts to play together. Then pronounced they would win 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc championships before they even played a game. They arent just a regular team under the cap.

The Niners bought the last Super Bowl. Deion was the greatest CB of all time and we got him in his prime. We also signed Ken Norton, Ricky Jackson, Tim McDonald from free agency. We paid big bucks to Steve Young to keep him on the bench. Eddie D and policy were known for "beating" the salary cap and spending lavishly. And other teams fans hated us for it in very similar fashion that you are hating on
The Heat.

You said you arent supposed to be able to buy a championship which applies more to the Niners Championship years than it does to the current Heat.
Thunder in 6, maybe 5.

I'm also slightly rooting for OKC, even though I don't dislike the Heat.

Just throwing out some thoughts here:

I like Wade's playing style alot; the fluidity and grace of movement. I hugely respect Lebron. I don't particularly care for Bosh.

Durant is both an awesome player and genuinely seems like a really good guy. I respect, but don't really like Westbrook; he can be kind of a 'b***h,' for lack of a better word (ala Rondo). Ibaka is consistently solid, though rarely spectacular. And Hardin is capable of taking over games from off the bench, which is incredibly rare.

Fisher and Battier are each capable of giving their teams big boosts, particularly if they're hitting their 3's.

Durant has to be the most likeable superstar in the league. I don't know anyone that dislikes him.

I think the outcome of the series will essentially come down to the Heat's ability to play at their very best. OKC is more consistent with more depth of talent to spread around the need for individual excellence. If the Heat are at their best for 4 of the games, they will likely take the series. If each team plays okay, or pretty well, OKC will win. I expect the Heat will be great for a couple of games, but won't be able to maintain individual excellence for enough games to take it.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Jun 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM ]

You arent supposed to just be able to buy a championship. If justice prevails, OKC wins.

Didn't Miami stay under the cap? Aren't there teams that spent way more in salaries than the Heat?

And on a side note, it's a little weird hearing this from a 49ers fan considering we won ALL our SBs pre salary cap era and spent the most $$$ year in and year out from what I remember.

We drafted our franchise players. The only player we ever signed mercenary style to make a significant difference in a SB run was Deion Sanders.

The Heat came into posession of this team because 3 of the best f/a players decided they liked South Beach best, and took pay cuts to play together. Then pronounced they would win 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc championships before they even played a game. They arent just a regular team under the cap.

The Niners bought the last Super Bowl. Deion was the greatest CB of all time and we got him in his prime. We also signed Ken Norton, Ricky Jackson, Tim McDonald from free agency. We paid big bucks to Steve Young to keep him on the bench. Eddie D and policy were known for "beating" the salary cap and spending lavishly. And other teams fans hated us for it in very similar fashion that you are hating on
The Heat.

You said you arent supposed to be able to buy a championship which applies more to the Niners Championship years than it does to the current Heat.

Wait......what?
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Greg Oden vs Esco

LOL

Yungace killing this thread
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

The Heat.

Wait......what?

Montana years.... He was the highest paid backup in the NFL. Just pointing out how Eddie spent big bucks, even for depth.
This is going to be the first NBA finals I've watched in a real long time. Just want it to go 7 and be absolutely nuts and have nothing but last-second game winners.