There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 NBA Finals

So is Miami gonna win it for Seattle?

Heat in 6
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Niners99:
It will feel like the villian won if OKC doesnt take them down.

You arent supposed to just be able to buy a championship. If justice prevails, OKC wins.

Didn't Miami stay under the cap? Aren't there teams that spent way more in salaries than the Heat?

And on a side note, it's a little weird hearing this from a 49ers fan considering we won ALL our SBs pre salary cap era and spent the most $$$ year in and year out from what I remember.

We drafted our franchise players. The only player we ever signed mercenary style to make a significant difference in a SB run was Deion Sanders.

The Heat came into posession of this team because 3 of the best f/a players decided they liked South Beach best, and took pay cuts to play together. Then pronounced they would win 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc championships before they even played a game. They arent just a regular team under the cap.

Ahh, so you have problem with Lebron pronouncing they'd win 7 championships. Say that then. FA, just like draft and trade is an avenue to improve team. There was nothing wrong with what they did in 2010. Plenty of players take a pay cut, and that should be appreciated - not frowned upon.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
So is Miami gonna win it for Seattle?


thats sick

Poor Seattle, I feel there pain
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Tman:
Wade is a douche

this

that

these

Quoted for truth.

In 2003, he founded The Wade's World Foundation, which provides support to community-based organizations that promote education, health, and social skills for children in at-risk situations.[103] He hosts a variety of community outreach programs in Chicago and South Florida.[103] In 2008, he announced his partnership with former teammate Alonzo Mourning's charitable foundation and co-hosted ZO's Summer Groove, an annual summer event.[104] On December 24, 2008, Wade purchased a new home for a South Florida woman whose nephew accidentally burned down the family home.[105] In addition, Wade donated some furnishings, clothing, and gifts to the family for the holiday.[105]

After breaking his own Miami Heat single-season scoring record, Wade gave the jersey he wore in that night's victory to 8-year-old Michael Stolzenberg, an avid Heat fan that had his hands and feet removed surgically due to a bacterial infection.[15] Wade stated that he knew Stolzenberg previously and wished to add to his collection of Heat memorabilia.[15] Wade has been known for visiting other sick children, usually in private to avoid placing himself in the media spotlight.[15]

In September 2009, Wade donated money from his foundation to keep the Robbins, Illinois public library from having to shut down.[106] He handed the library director Priscilla Coatney a $25,000 check in order to resurrect the building, which brought Coatney to tears.[106] He called the donation a "small contribution", and reminisced about the difficult experiences he faced as a child, stating that he sometimes did not know how he would find his next meal.[106] In January 2010, Wade co-founded the Haitian earthquake relief fund with former teammate Alonzo Mourning.[107] The fund seeks to raise money to help the victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake. In the three days since the fund began soliciting donations from athletes, Wade announced that the "Athletes Relief Fund for Haiti" had already raised over $800,000.[107] Wade stated, "I expected nothing less from my friends and colleagues in the sports community, our commitment to this cause knows no bounds, and we will continue to accept any and all donations throughout the days ahead."[107] Wade is also an avid supporter of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and serves as an Ambassador for their Hoops for St. Jude basketball initiative.[108]

Wade is a devout Christian and chose the number 3 because it represents the Holy Trinity.[109][110] He tithes 10% of his salary to a church in Chicago.[5]


Ya..Wade is such a douche
actually most seattle fans i know are rooting for the thunder, even if it stings a bit
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Tman:
Wade is a douche

this

that

these

Quoted for truth.

Quote:

In 2003, he founded The Wade's World Foundation, which provides support to community-based organizations that promote education, health, and social skills for children in at-risk situations.[103] He hosts a variety of community outreach programs in Chicago and South Florida.[103] In 2008, he announced his partnership with former teammate Alonzo Mourning's charitable foundation and co-hosted ZO's Summer Groove, an annual summer event.[104] On December 24, 2008, Wade purchased a new home for a South Florida woman whose nephew accidentally burned down the family home.[105] In addition, Wade donated some furnishings, clothing, and gifts to the family for the holiday.[105]

After breaking his own Miami Heat single-season scoring record, Wade gave the jersey he wore in that night's victory to 8-year-old Michael Stolzenberg, an avid Heat fan that had his hands and feet removed surgically due to a bacterial infection.[15] Wade stated that he knew Stolzenberg previously and wished to add to his collection of Heat memorabilia.[15] Wade has been known for visiting other sick children, usually in private to avoid placing himself in the media spotlight.[15]

In September 2009, Wade donated money from his foundation to keep the Robbins, Illinois public library from having to shut down.[106] He handed the library director Priscilla Coatney a $25,000 check in order to resurrect the building, which brought Coatney to tears.[106] He called the donation a "small contribution", and reminisced about the difficult experiences he faced as a child, stating that he sometimes did not know how he would find his next meal.[106] In January 2010, Wade co-founded the Haitian earthquake relief fund with former teammate Alonzo Mourning.[107] The fund seeks to raise money to help the victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake. In the three days since the fund began soliciting donations from athletes, Wade announced that the "Athletes Relief Fund for Haiti" had already raised over $800,000.[107] Wade stated, "I expected nothing less from my friends and colleagues in the sports community, our commitment to this cause knows no bounds, and we will continue to accept any and all donations throughout the days ahead."[107] Wade is also an avid supporter of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and serves as an Ambassador for their Hoops for St. Jude basketball initiative.[108]

Wade is a devout Christian and chose the number 3 because it represents the Holy Trinity.[109][110] He tithes 10% of his salary to a church in Chicago.[5]


Ya..Wade is such a douche

So because he makes charitable donations, he's unable to act like a douche?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So because he makes charitable donations, he's unable to act like a douche?

Exactly how is Wade a douche?

People like Floyd Mayweather who are known to rub it in everyones faces that he has money, continually make racist comments and not give a crap, taunt other athletes are douches.

What has Wade done to be considered a douche?

I respect people like Wade that use their money to help the less fortunate. Unlike selfish people like Mayweather that couldn't care less about anyone else but themselves.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So because he makes charitable donations, he's unable to act like a douche?

Exactly how is Wade a douche?

People like Floyd Mayweather who are known to rub it in everyones faces that he has money, continually make racist comments and not give a crap, taunt other athletes are douches.

What has Wade done to be considered a douche?

He dun goofed
LeBron vs Durant
Wade vs Westbrook
Bosh vs Ibaka
The Heat Bench vs Harden
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
LeBron vs Durant
Wade vs Westbrook
Bosh vs Ibaka
The Heat Bench vs Harden

this doe
Battier should be on Harden for a majority of the game
Originally posted by ImaMod:
this doe
Battier should be on Harden for a majority of the game

I expect Battier to spend a lot of time in the first 3 quarters on Durant.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
this doe
Battier should be on Harden for a majority of the game

I expect Battier to spend a lot of time in the first 3 quarters on Durant.

I could definitely see that happening.. but Im hoping LeBron and Durant take eachother.. would be a lot funner
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
this doe
Battier should be on Harden for a majority of the game

I expect Battier to spend a lot of time in the first 3 quarters on Durant.

I could definitely see that happening.. but Im hoping LeBron and Durant take eachother.. would be a lot funner

4th quarter - it will likely happen. It will be interesting to see what OKC will do in regards to guarding Lebron in the first 3. They will likely have to put Sefolosha on him, which means fewer minutes for Hardin or they will have to go small and play Durant at PF.

I'd like also see how OKC plays Bosh. If they have to put Ibaka on him, that takes away OKCs shot blocker out of the paint and will make driving to the basket very easy for Lebron and Wade.

This series is going to be so much fun.