LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

2012 NBA Finals

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by susweel:
Durant >>>> James

not really

If I was building a team today I'd choose Durant.

Individually though, its gotta be Lebot
not gonna have time to read the thread so if already said move along:

- I'm pretty sure it's been discussed PLENTY how INEPT the Heat can at times look on offense. HOWEVER, Lebron needs to be the Point Forward and have that ball at all times, there shouldn't be many possessions when Lebron doesn't touch the ball or barely touches it. I can remember a couple of possessions in a row when Lebron took it to the rack and made things happen, then the next 3 possessions where contested 20+foot contested jumpers by Wade and Bosh . Look, inside-outside got you a nice lead in the 1st place, so are you doing going away from that?

- Lebron and Battier need to split the defensive duties on Durant. Let me rephrase that, Lebron needs to spend more time D'ing up Durant, but not full time otherwise he could risk foul trouble. But obviously whatever they tried game 1 didn't work. PLEASE, no more Wade on Durant . Wade, STEP UP and defend Westbrook a full 48. When OKC's big 3 are on the floor Miami needs to counter with a Haslem-Bosh-Lebron-Battier-Wade lineup and play Wade on Westbrook, Battier on Harden, and Lebron on Durant. While I'm at it, Miami's big men, stop getting out-hustled by Collison, just STOP IT.

- Spoelstra looked SO out-coached out there tonight it wasn't even fair.

- Start Bosh, Magic basically said it much better than me after the game. Start Bosh, START HIM.

- Mario Chalmers will be seeing a psychiatrist this summer most likely
WTF was up with Battier on Durant? Lebron handled Durant fairly well for most of the game and then they switch it? That was the key to the game.

For some reason, it still appears Miami has got this.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
LOL - didn't vanish...was watching the game with some friends, not posting during the game.. Heat played fine...both Lebron and Wade were missing the jumpers. Lebron should have forced the issue - but I thought the Heat were supposed to be the big 3...not Lebron and bunch of scrubs. Where was Wade and Bosh in the 4th?

This is game 1...Miami needs to get the split and they will get it on thursday. Typical over-reaction by the fans. I thought the Spurs were going to beat the OKC after 2 games, and Celtics were going to finish off the Heat in game 6.

It's a best of 7 series...chill out.

Wade was just as aggressive & productive in the 4th as LeBron was.

My point was - if one of them is not playing well - the other needs to step it up at some point. Wade had another poor game. Lebron had an average 4th, and Wade had an average game. Wade needs to do more, and as I said - Lebron should have forced the issue and drove to the basket - and must catch the ball closer to the basket. He did that late in the 4th, he needs to do that all throughout the 4th.
Originally posted by Joecool:
WTF was up with Battier on Durant? Lebron handled Durant fairly well for most of the game and then they switch it? That was the key to the game.

For some reason, it still appears Miami has got this.

Battler is an overrated defender, IMO. He was supposed to be a really good defender. That was his rep prior to coming on MIA. I didn't like that switch as well. Keep Bron on Durant.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Someday, when Wesbrooks grows up, he's gonna see the videos of these Finals on TV and the s**t he was wearing in these interviews and say to himself:

"WTF was I doing wearing stupid s**t like that? "

seriously
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

- I'm pretty sure it's been discussed PLENTY how INEPT the Heat can at times look on offense. HOWEVER, Lebron needs to be the Point Forward and have that ball at all times, there shouldn't be many possessions when Lebron doesn't touch the ball or barely touches it. I can remember a couple of possessions in a row when Lebron took it to the rack and made things happen, then the next 3 possessions where contested 20+foot contested jumpers by Wade and Bosh . Look, inside-outside got you a nice lead in the 1st place, so are you doing going away from that?

- Lebron and Battier need to split the defensive duties on Durant. Let me rephrase that, Lebron needs to spend more time D'ing up Durant, but not full time otherwise he could risk foul trouble. But obviously whatever they tried game 1 didn't work. PLEASE, no more Wade on Durant . Wade, STEP UP and defend Westbrook a full 48. When OKC's big 3 are on the floor Miami needs to counter with a Haslem-Bosh-Lebron-Battier-Wade lineup and play Wade on Westbrook, Battier on Harden, and Lebron on Durant. While I'm at it, Miami's big men, stop getting out-hustled by Collison, just STOP IT.

- Start Bosh, Magic basically said it much better than me after the game. Start Bosh, START HIM.

OMG...decision making of Chalmers is worse than a 10 year old. The guy looks so clueless on both ends at times - it pisses me off. But it's ok, it's game 1, Miami needs a split and they will get it. Thunder played as well as they could have in 2nd half - and Heat played as bad as they could have.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Anyone else think Rachel Nichols sluts herself out to all the NBA players.

i wouldnt mind a turn.

I'm glad bosh came back down to earth and stopped raining threes.

OMG...decision making of Chalmers is worse than a 10 year old. The guy looks so clueless on both ends at times - it pisses me off. But it's ok, it's game 1, Miami needs a split and they will get it. Thunder played as well as they could have in 2nd half - and Heat played as bad as they could have.

Lol the homerism with this one is strong

What if the Heat don't win game 2 and go against what you say? You practically already chalked it up. Lol. There are no guarantees in pro sports.

Game 1 winners in the finals go on to win the whole thing like 73% of the time, or something like that.
NUMBERS NEVER LIE

Ya, but for the game as a whole, I don't think that was OKC's best shot, and Miami had some performances that I'm not sure they'll be able to replicate. Harden did nothing all game long. Westbrook was cold for much of the game. Miami's catch & shoot guys (Chalmers, Battier, & Miller) went 6-11 from 3. OKC missed several wide open 3's and finished 5-17 from distance. They were also below par from the FT line. And none of it mattered once Durant decided to take the game over when his team needed him to do exactly that.

That wasn't OKC's best shot.

Originally posted by marshniners24:

What if the Heat don't win game 2 and go against what you say? You practically already chalked it up. Lol. There are no guarantees in pro sports.

Game 1 winners in the finals go on to win the whole thing like 73% of the time, or something like that.
NUMBERS NEVER LIE

Yeah and Miami looked pretty over matched IMO. OKC really took over the game and Durant got whatever he wanted while the Heat offense was ridiculously stagnant. The Thunder are just the younger, better, deeper, more talented team.

Ya, but for the game as a whole, I don't think that was OKC's best shot, and Miami had some performances that I'm not sure they'll be able to replicate. Harden did nothing all game long. Westbrook was cold for much of the game. Miami's catch & shoot guys (Chalmers, Battier, & Miller) went 6-11 from 3. OKC missed several wide open 3's and finished 5-17 from distance. They were also below par from the FT line. And none of it mattered once Durant decided to take the game over when his team needed him to do exactly that.

Exactly. Miami played pretty hard and OKC still won without giving their best shot. Miami's f$*%ed IMO.
I called Thunder in 5 over the Lakers
I called Thunder in 6 over the Spurs

I've called Thunder in 5 over Heat.

The explosive talents of LeBron and Wade are well documented. However, they don't have enough to beat this Thunder team. OKC is running like a machine right now. Durant and Westbrook are money down the stretch time and time again, and they always seem to get their role players to step up at the right moment.

The Thunder are more talented. Scott Brooks has soooo many different combinations that he can turn to in any situation because they possess such a wide array of skill sets. They can go big or small. They can play half-court, or run and gun. They kill you in transition, move the ball beautifully on offense, and play dominant defense. They have it all. Miami's brand of basketball looks Helter Skelter in comparison. When LeBron and Wade combine for 60-70 points its all good. When they don't, this team doesn't have enough to consistently beat teams like the Thunder. It's the best way I can sum it up.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

NUMBERS NEVER LIE

I always find those stats funny. They really don't mean anything. I'm sure teams that win game 5 in a 2-2 series have an even higher % of winning than 73% and that didn't work out for Boston all too well. I agree, there is no guarantee that Miami will game 2 - it was more of a hunch, and I could very well be wrong - but I don't expect all 3 Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to shoot this poorly in back to back games.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

OKC played at their best in the 2nd half, and Miami played at their worst in that half. If OKC is playing Thabo for long stretches, they are forced to keep Harden on bench, so him not having a good game is more of a result of that. I don't think any team can play at their best for the whole game. OKC played at their best for longer stretches than Miami did. I expect Bosh in starting line up in game 2 and Miami to put in a better effort for 48 minutes.
Share 49ersWebzone