LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

2012 NBA Finals

Durant = beast mode
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Damn the Thunder are hard to stop... Westbrook mid range is deadly. Defenders give him so much room because they are scared of him driving and he just pops the jumper. And Durant... Wow. How do you stop a guy with that much skill and length? This thing will still go 6 or 7. But I think the Thunder are too complete to beat.

Too complete! Too complete to BEAT, yeaahhh yeaaahhhhh!!!

Haha.... The mc hammer beat is stuck in my head now, thanks.
Thunder Up!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Durant >>>> James
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
That Durant/Westbrook combo is something else, man. After Durant had that crazy run in the 4th, Battier started playing some pretty good ball denial on him and you got some stale possessions where Westbrook had the ball with about 8 seconds on the shot clock and they had nothing going on. At that point you have ANOTHER guy that can create something out of nothing in Westbrook. Not a damn thing you can do about it either.

That said, this framework is made possible by Durant's skill set, and ability to catch & shoot. LeBron & Wade could vibe off of each other in the exact same way if one of them was good at operating off of the ball, were effective from mid range, and could catch and shoot. The type of shots that Durant was hitting simply aren't the kind of shots that those two can hit on a regular basis, so instead they have to take turns basically doing the same thing. My biggest complaint with LeBron on the court has always been that his type of game is the type of game where it's hard for both him and someone else to have a great night on the same night. It happens, but it's rare.

If OKC goes on to win this series, it will be the 5th year in a row that the winning squad had a devastating mid range player. Pierce, Kobe X2, Dirk, & Durant. Skill set matters.

In the 4th, every time the Thunder had the ball I felt like they were going to score. Who do you stop? Like you said, two premeire offensive guys. If you don't have the consistent mid range, you can be stopped when you go cold. Wade is a really streaky shooter. And Bron isn't a natural either. The Thunder have a lot of weapons and their "others" play their roles perfectly. No one tries to do too much. Durant is taking a BIG step this year.

Bron's stat line was nice, and somehow in the 4th he still had seven or nine points which is pretty good for most players. But, he was disengaged AGAIN. Really disappointing. Their energy and body language was just flat in the 4th. Like the conceded to losing.
Originally posted by susweel:
Durant >>>> James

In game one. We still have a lot of series left. For some reason, I have some faith in Bron to turn it on in this series. I didn't have any last year.
Man, I was so mad that KD wasn't doing too much in the first half with his team trailing and looking week. And at the end he steped on the gas, and on the heat's throat.

Good game.

Can't wait for game 2. (btw) all those old mostly white people in OKC really know how to cheer and make some noise, I wish we could take all of them and put them at the stick.
Someday, when Wesbrooks grows up, he's gonna see the videos of these Finals on TV and the s**t he was wearing in these interviews and say to himself:

"WTF was I doing wearing stupid s**t like that? "
danrafaelespn Dan Rafael: Duane Ford thinks the Heat gave the Thunder a basketball lesson in the 4th quarter. #boxinglesson
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
danrafaelespn Dan Rafael: Duane Ford thinks the Heat gave the Thunder a basketball lesson in the 4th quarter. #boxinglesson

LOL...f**king Duane Ford got paid. Plain and simple.

• Tman
  • Veteran
Anyone else think Rachel Nichols sluts herself out to all the NBA players.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Why does Lebron just disappear? Durant and Westbrook took the game into their hands, while Lebron drove the lane a couple times for some points. It's sad that a guy with his abilities always trails off when needed the most. It's somewhat disappointing to watch.

you won't get an answer, Lebron fans vanish when games get to the 4th as well.

LOL - didn't vanish...was watching the game with some friends, not posting during the game.. Heat played fine...both Lebron and Wade were missing the jumpers. Lebron should have forced the issue - but I thought the Heat were supposed to be the big 3...not Lebron and bunch of scrubs. Where was Wade and Bosh in the 4th?

This is game 1...Miami needs to get the split and they will get it on thursday. Typical over-reaction by the fans. I thought the Spurs were going to beat the OKC after 2 games, and Celtics were going to finish off the Heat in game 6.

It's a best of 7 series...chill out.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
LOL - didn't vanish...was watching the game with some friends, not posting during the game.. Heat played fine...both Lebron and Wade were missing the jumpers. Lebron should have forced the issue - but I thought the Heat were supposed to be the big 3...not Lebron and bunch of scrubs. Where was Wade and Bosh in the 4th?

This is game 1...Miami needs to get the split and they will get it on thursday. Typical over-reaction by the fans. I thought the Spurs were going to beat the OKC after 2 games, and Celtics were going to finish off the Heat in game 6.

It's a best of 7 series...chill out.

Wade was just as aggressive & productive in the 4th as LeBron was.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Durant >>>> James

not really
Share 49ersWebzone