There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Super teams that failed to win an NBA title

  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,331
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

What's up with the mailman's shorts? He might as well tuck his numbers in too.
[ Edited by DVDA on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,228
Originally posted by crzy:
This is a silly thread because the concept of a super team is totally subjective.

Hmm.. It'd be best to give an opinion then.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Joecool:
2000Trailblazers (another team robbed by the refs in favor of the Lakers)

Greg Anthony
Stacey Augmon
Brian Grant
Jermaine O'Neal
Sottie Pippen
Arvydas Sabonis
Detlef Schrempf
Steve Smith
Damon Stoudamire
Rasheed Wallace
Bonzi Wells

how in the world did I miss this? The Blazers choked away Game 7 and it was pretty evident that Sabonis was a joke of a matchup for Shaq

Here we go.

Free throw attempts:
Portland: 16
Lakers: 37

A team that had a 15 point lead would need to foul that much?

The Lakers averaged 32 FTA throughout those playoffs And Portland didn't have anybody that ocould get to the line like Shaq or Kobe. They choked just like the 2002 Kings plain and simple.

lol c'mon dude we know that game and the series vs the Kings were both rigged


No neither of those teams had the ability to contain Shaq which is why they lost to the Lakers every year

nahh, that s**t was fixed bro. phantom fouls galore. nobody outside of a few lakers fans argues the fact.
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Jun 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM ]
Not a super team but a team that I really wanted to win a title was the Suns with Nash the year dirty ass Greg Pop sent Whorey to check Nash...leading to a 2 game suspension for Stoudemire and a 1 game suspension for Diaw.

Suns were the best team in the NBA that year.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Not a super team but a team that I really wanted to win a title was the Suns with Nash the year dirty ass Greg Pop sent Whorey to check Nash...leading to a 2 game suspension for Stoudemire and a 1 game suspension for Diaw.

Suns were the best team in the NBA that year.

I'm a Suns fan and that series still pisses me off. The worst part about the suspensions is that Tim Duncan came off the bench when James Jones up-ended one of their players under the net. David Stern decided to rule that Duncan had no intent to escalate the scenario....apparently Amare and Diaw had the intent. Glad to know the league can read minds. What a joke.

I lost faith in the NBA after that decision along with Tim Donaughy admittedly changing one of those games in that series to favor the Spurs. It's tough knowing your team had a legit shot and was completely robbed in multiple ways.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:09 PM ]
If it wasn't for this f*g rag we should have 2 rings. Pushing off little f**k stick. One of the greatest P.G.'s ever and one of the best PF's denied by truly the greatest of all time.

[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,261
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
If it wasn't for this f*g rag we should have 2 rings. Pushing off little f**k stick. One of the greatest P.G.'s ever and one of the best PF's denied by truly the greatest of all time.


Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
If it wasn't for this f*g rag we should have 2 rings. Pushing off little f**k stick. One of the greatest P.G.'s ever and one of the best PF's denied by truly the greatest of all time.



Yes, I'll admit it. I'm bitter as f**k. This s**t still hurts to the day. Sucks to see two guys like Malone and Stockton never get a ring when they were so close. I mean Jazz were a really really good team back then but when you have a guy like Micheal Jordan that changes everything. At least I can give credit to where it is due to his sheer briliance and basketball ability. He was honestly just that good. His killer instinct and desire to win makes him second to none. Kobe is close and some other greats in the past. But nothing like #23 i.m.o. Even thought I despise the guy, only due to his ability.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Joecool:
2000Trailblazers (another team robbed by the refs in favor of the Lakers)

Greg Anthony
Stacey Augmon
Brian Grant
Jermaine O'Neal
Sottie Pippen
Arvydas Sabonis
Detlef Schrempf
Steve Smith
Damon Stoudamire
Rasheed Wallace
Bonzi Wells

how in the world did I miss this? The Blazers choked away Game 7 and it was pretty evident that Sabonis was a joke of a matchup for Shaq

Here we go.

Free throw attempts:
Portland: 16
Lakers: 37

A team that had a 15 point lead would need to foul that much?

The Lakers averaged 32 FTA throughout those playoffs And Portland didn't have anybody that ocould get to the line like Shaq or Kobe. They choked just like the 2002 Kings plain and simple.

lol c'mon dude we know that game and the series vs the Kings were both rigged


No neither of those teams had the ability to contain Shaq which is why they lost to the Lakers every year

nahh, that s**t was fixed bro. phantom fouls galore. nobody outside of a few lakers fans argues the fact.

As a kings fan, your opinion is just a little bias.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
As a kings fan, your opinion is just a little bias.

doesn't stop my statement from being true
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Jun 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM ]
2006-2007 golden state warriors
1992-1994 New York Knicks (and the rest of the '90s for that matter).

Some great teams there, Jordan always stood in the way. The year he didn't, they choked against Houston....that series was interrupted on live TV to broadcast the OJ Bronco chase.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Lol

BOSSES

GREATEST SHOW ON COURT

LONG LIVE THE KINGS
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Muggins:

Lol

BOSSES

GREATEST SHOW ON COURT

LONG LIVE THE KINGS

f**k the Kings... that said this is a tight picture and was a damn good team.