LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 274 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Quote:
"I thought Tim Bradley put up one helluva fight," Mayweather Sr. told ESPN.com. "But I didn't think he won the fight.

"I didn't score the fight. I can just tell you, I knew Pacquiao won. I felt he won the fight. I felt like there was a gap, where you could see who was winning."

Quote:
Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward
Listen, I love Tim Bradley he's a friend. This is not his fault. Tim lost the fight, that's all I can say.

hmm

Nice finds. It is clear the boxing world knows this was bull s**t.

For Mayweather SR to say that shows some bull s**t went on.
  • Jiks
So in all your opinions what is going on here? Corruption, horrible judging, or what? I would understand more if the fight was close, but for Manny to lose this fight there is obviously something not right. Going back to the Marquez fight, I thought Manny was outboxed but he still won the fight. I couldn't really hate because it was only a 2 (give or take 1) round difference IMO. It did pop in my head maybe for the Mayweather vs. Manny fight they didn't want Manny losing to a lesser older Marquez, but this one just makes absolutely no sense to me.

And sorry to bring this up but my only theory is that boxing needs another big name, and how other to make a big name then to have an undefeated fighter defeat Pac.? Again that's just a theory of mine.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM ]
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by Amir:
i just watched it with rubberneck who ordered it and he's white.

Rubber is white??

Lol, I have a good tan.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Maybe the judges were mad because Manny made them wait.
This could just be a way for Boxing to get a rematch and get every crumb of showtime that they can.. or I was just thinking that maybe they did this for it to be all over the news. If Pac man won, people like me (non boxing watchers) would be like.. meh, of course. But now it's something that people are talking about. Any publicity for it right now is good publicity, believe it or not.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
So in all your opinions what is going on here? Corruption, horrible judging, or what? I would understand more if the fight was close, but for Manny to lose this fight there is obviously something not right. Going back to the Marquez fight, I thought Manny was outboxed but he still won the fight. I couldn't really hate because it was only a 2 (give or take 1) round difference IMO. It did pop in my head maybe for the Mayweather vs. Manny fight they didn't want Manny losing to a lesser older Marquez, but this one just makes absolutely no sense to me.

And sorry to bring this up but my only theory is that boxing needs another big name, and how other to make a big name then to have an undefeated fighter defeat Pac.? Again that's just a theory of mine.

FWIW...... before this fight pacquiao was saying he was going to fight only 2 more times....... most likely not the case any more.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Quote:
"I thought Tim Bradley put up one helluva fight," Mayweather Sr. told ESPN.com. "But I didn't think he won the fight.

"I didn't score the fight. I can just tell you, I knew Pacquiao won. I felt he won the fight. I felt like there was a gap, where you could see who was winning."

Quote:
Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward
Listen, I love Tim Bradley he's a friend. This is not his fault. Tim lost the fight, that's all I can say.

hmm

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
If you want to discuss the fight or the decision, feel free. Do not come in here just to incite or say boxing is dead. We discourage inciting in every thread, the boxing threads are no different.

I watched the fight last night as well. Good fight, bad decision. Manny was the aggressor, landed the crisper, cleaner punches and did it in 10 of 12 rounds. I don't know what the judges saw, but I was very disappointed at the end.

Not trying to incite, but why can we not say boxing is dead? To me it really is, and stuff like this is the sole reason for that. Manny vs. Marquez, Floyd's sucker punch fiasco, now this? Not to mention these two superstars afraid to meet each other over hgh, location, blah blah. I mean these are the some of the biggest fighters out there and these fights have been very questionable. How am I supposed to watch any boxing match and not get a feeling someone is getting paid off? If people get disappointed that people are saying boxing is dead than that is their problem. I understand some may be inciting, my post last night was intended as a joke, I didn't realize people were so touchy on a subject. But boxing is dying slowly, and if it takes something like this to get the attention back that only proves my point.

If you think it's dead why are you posting in here? Also, if you think it's dead, stay out of the thread that people enjoy. Boxing is important to people and coming in here posting that stuff gets old quick, and is inciting.
Can you provide rules stating I cannot post in certain threads for certain reasons? I can't post because I think something different than other people? Again I started off saying I am not trying to incite. Then I give reasoning behind why I feel it is dying such as the last few big time fights between some of the sports biggest competitors being suspicious. There is nothing wrong with my post. Am I doing anything wrong?

Check Amir's post in the Alex thread. He can say stuff like "Can we please just end this stupid Alex Smith experiment. Start Kaep already." What is that? Do I get all butt hurt about stuff like that? And sorry Amir I actually think you are a good poster around here, but it's the same difference.

But I will leave it at that so I myself don't get into trouble. I still feel I should have every right to
post in this thread as long as rules are not being broken.

Not to mention him cussing everyone out last night and telling everyone to get the f**k out of this thread. People are just upset about the decision and this is a place to vent. The alternative is to beat my wife but i already have 2 strikes.

As long as there are no personnel attacks it should b ok.

For the record, Boxing isn't dead because it was never alive. Any sport which is won by judges voting is ridiculous. Same s**t happens in ice skating and gymnastics. Bias and corruption is human nature, these sports make it too easy for this type of s**t.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Not to mention him cussing everyone out last night and telling everyone to get the f**k out of this thread. People are just upset about the decision and this is a place to vent. The alternative is to beat my wife but i already have 2 strikes.

For the record, Boxing isn't dead because it was never alive. Any sport which is won by judges voting is ridiculous. Same s**t happens in ice skating and gymnastics. Bias and corruption is human nature, these sports make it too easy for this type of s**t.

There are writers everywhere attacking boxing along with this fight. And about 80% of the comments On any article about this fight are attacking boxing directly.

But we can't do what most of the boxing media/fans are doing Bc ONE poster is over sensitive about the subject?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

There are writers everywhere attacking boxing along with this fight. And about 80% of the comments On any article about this fight are attacking boxing directly.

But we can't do what most of the boxing media/fans are doing Bc ONE poster is over sensitive about the subject?

Well, some people came on here just to troll boxing is dead. There is somewhat of a history here because some UFC fans are obsessed with the "boxing is dead" thing on big fight nights. You can see how that gets annoying to boxing fans. This thread is specifically for one fight, not played out theories on why boxing is dying. We've heard those theories for 10 to 15 years now. I understand everyone was pissed, but when some people come on here specifically to troll it isn't cool.

• Antix
  • Veteran
I actually really like boxing. Can't really get into MMA.

But this s**t made me not wanna watch boxing ever again. I was watching the fight with the fellas and some chicks who had never seen a boxing match in their life and they knew Pac Man won. AND, we didn't have the sound on, (I find boxing much more fun to watch when you dont hear the commentary) and it was still obvious Pac won.

I think there was some sort of corruption here. Maybe to get interest in a rematch, maybe to get people to talk about boxing. Maybe Don Corleone visited the judges the night before with an offer they couldn't refuse, I dunno. But there I do know there was a reason for this. It wasn't just a miss by the judges. This was like calling field goal good that was wide right by 10 feet. This sport is dead to me until they take judges out of it.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
ummm, yeah. i would definitely say this was a fixed fight. how else would they have these ready...

Originally posted by boast:
ummm, yeah. i would definitely say this was a fixed fight. how else would they have these ready...

tickets on sale June 10th
Manny is laughing all the way to the bank. A multi million dollar rematch with a cump that he can easily beat?
Share 49ersWebzone