LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

Originally posted by SportsFan:
So Demon you work with Freddie?

What is your opinion on this fight then? Horrible decision or are you okay with it?

Freddie works with his own fighters. There are other trainers and fighters there. I work with fighters just starting out. I have helped Freddie's assistants with logistics type stuff when they have had to travel outside the us. I regularly talk to Freddie about management and training. I try to learn from him as much as I can. I am still trying to figure out how the judges scored it.
im even more mad that now we have to wait even longer for the mayweather vs pac fight, if its ever going to happen at all ... and how do we know that the judges wont ruin that one ...
this is why many people hate the sport, its so damn corrupt
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by mug0mug:

I didn't mean to piss everyone off, I was just throwing in what I saw, which was clearly different coming in halfway through.

I used to watch quite a bit of boxing, less so these days, but I was impressed with Bradley almost constantly being the aggressor, particularly in contrast to how I was being told he was losing heavily. As I've continued to say, I expected Manny to win a unanimous decision, but that there is a possibility that the judges weren't paid off and legitimately saw it as a Bradley win if the half of the fight I saw was representative of how the fight was being viewed.

its a subjective sport... i know

but Pac did back Bradley up against the ropes at least twice in the second half of the fight. Bradleys manager scored the fight 8-4 for Pac!!!

I just dont remember any clean power punches from Bradley

Yea, Bradley did get stuck in the corner once or twice in what I saw, but not because he was shaken, just by poor spacing really (and yes, it's also a sign of Manny being the aggressor at the time).

I didn't see either fighter get shaken really, but just to mention it, there was the moment, I think in the 9th maybe, where Bradley and the commentators thought Manny might've been rattled and Bradley went super aggressive for a few seconds following up, after which Manny smiled at the commentators (usually the type of move that is a clue that it did hurt them). I didn't think Manny was really hurt, but that was a moment if someone is looking for one.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Jun 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

yup ...
america, f**k ya

i don't blame 'em, i hate the business side as much as the next guy but ain't nothing like a good scrap. aside from football nothing compares, not ufc, not basketball, soccer, etc... but those matches are few and far between these days.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
america, f**k ya

I agree with RonAmurika

Boxing has definetly lost its luster. These type of desicions, the power that sanctioning bodies have and promoters wanting to protect their investments is nothing new and have made the sport of boxing what it is today. It is part of the sport unfortunately. There are people who have argued the same thing since I can remember. Boxing will exist as long as there are people willing to participate and people willing to pay. There are so many fights lined up for the next few months right now it is unbelievable. Almost every week I get calls fromlocal promoters to have our fighters on their cards. It is going to be a busy year for me. I doubt that boxing is dead or will die from this bad call. I think in any sport were there is money to be made there is always an oportunity for corruption. It is something you learn to deal with I guess.
Originally posted by Amir:
so you have proof that boxing is fixed? cmon man. i said all along that manny shoula won but that doesn't make it fixed. when you leave it to the judges, anything is possible. See: Manny/Marquez I, II and III.

those fights were actually close though.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The biggest highlight they could go to when interviewing Tim was him twisting his ankle.

"Um yeah...... i must have stepped on his foot or something."

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
boxing is so fkn shady. I'm happy for Bradley, but that was some boooooooooooooooool shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. What fkn fight were they watching. I was shocked that it was a split, then just started LOL'n when Bradley won.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I didn't mean to piss everyone off, I was just throwing in what I saw, which was clearly different coming in halfway through.

I used to watch quite a bit of boxing, less so these days, but I was impressed with Bradley almost constantly being the aggressor, particularly in contrast to how I was being told he was losing heavily. As I've continued to say, I expected Manny to win a unanimous decision, but that there is a possibility that the judges weren't paid off and legitimately saw it as a Bradley win if the half of the fight I saw was representative of how the fight was being viewed.

its a subjective sport... i know

but Pac did back Bradley up against the ropes at least twice in the second half of the fight. Bradleys manager scored the fight 8-4 for Pac!!!

I just dont remember any clean power punches from Bradley

Yea, Bradley did get stuck in the corner once or twice in what I saw, but not because he was shaken, just by poor spacing really (and yes, it's also a sign of Manny being the aggressor at the time).

I didn't see either fighter get shaken really, but just to mention it, there was the moment, I think in the 9th maybe, where Bradley and the commentators thought Manny might've been rattled and Bradley went super aggressive for a few seconds following up, after which Manny smiled at the commentators (usually the type of move that is a clue that it did hurt them). I didn't think Manny was really hurt, but that was a moment if someone is looking for one.

I just saw the scorecards and 2 judges (the 2 who decided Bradley) gave Bradley the 5th round!!! The 4th and 5th rounds were the rounds where Bradley got rocked by some clean power punches by Pac.

I'll give Bradley the thumbs up on being the aggressor the beginning of many rounds, but he was still ineffective during that time. Pac would turn it up a gear and was landing more and stronger punches.

But then again Bradley's face looked intact after the fight, even though he said himself he lost and admitted getting rocked several times by Pac.

If boxing is not corrupt, it is definitely incompetent. Bradley could save a lot of boxing fans by returning the belt, or at least making the gesture.
p***y beyond high school isn't very abundant in San Rafael. I'm from there, so I remember you as a San Rafael'er and San Francisco gangbanger.

I don't know why you guys are so touchy. In almost every post I've said that I expected Manny to win the decision and respect your opinions of the full fight. I'm merely suggesting that if people hadn't already made up their mind before, or halfway though, the fight that it wasn't a dominant performance by Manny. I think Bradley slightly won the 2nd half, primarily because he was more aggressive. That used to mean something in boxing, but things have changed quite a bit since the glory days of boxing I used to enjoy.

San Rafeal has gangbangers......
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
85% of the boxing world voted online after the marquez vs pacquao fight saying marquez won
karma?

and anyone knoe where i can see the fight now?

Calling bull that 85% of people voted Marquez won. Link or you are lying?

It was on the fight replay like a week ago. They hyped up this fight by showing Mannys most recent fights.
Share 49ersWebzone