LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
I hope manny fans know how it feels to be a marquez fan now.

This.

silky .. what is your opinion on the fight? I know you are a Floyd fan but I also know you have talked boxing before and seem to know your s**t.

It was BS. It's not even worth dissecting in any detail. I'll give you some straight cash homey if you go take care of Bob Arum.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Not quite the same. You can argue that fight, there is no way you can argue this one and be taken seriously.

Manny should've watched the Oscar De La Hoya vs Tito Trinidad fight, you never take your foot of the gas in rounds 9-12. The champion rounds are the most important rounds in boxing. Also flip it however you want to flip it, a bad decision by a judge is a bad decision whether the just was off by 1 round or 5 rounds. Marquez clearly won his last meeting vs Manny. Manny himself knows it, which is why I believe it was easier for him to accept this defeat. The judges have gave him W's he didn't deserve, now they stole one from him that he did deserve, at the end it all balances its self out.
[ Edited by 5NorCalSavage2 on Jun 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM ]
It was BS. It's not even worth dissecting in any detail. I'll give you some straight cash homey if you go take care of Bob Arum.

How much we talking?
Manny should've watched the Oscar De La Hoya vs Tito Trinidad fight, you never take your foot of the gas in round 9-12. The champion rounds are the most important in boxing. Also flip it however you want to flip it, a bad decision by a judge is bad whether he was off by 1 round or 5 rounds. Marquez clearly won his last meeting vs Manny. Manny himself knows it, which is why I believe it was easier for him to accept this defeat. The judges have gave him W's before he didn't deserve, now they stole one from his he did deserve.

Sorry, but it does matter if they're off by 1 round or 5. While many believe Marquez should have won their last fight, an argument could be made for either side while still maintaining some degree of credibility. Not so when a fighter clearly dominates 9 or 10 rounds of a 12 round fight.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I hope manny fans know how it feels to be a marquez fan now.

This.

silky .. what is your opinion on the fight? I know you are a Floyd fan but I also know you have talked boxing before and seem to know your s**t.

Thanks.

I am a Pac fan so may have been looking through it with rose colored glasses so I respect your opinion as I have seen you talk knowledgeably about boxing before.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Amir:
Dam. I never knew we had so many boxing gurus on here. Next time I need help with one of my fighters I will hire all you fvckers.

i like how everyone is making fun of mug for being a boxing expert, yet all of you are now? how many times you post in this thread before the decision? how many times you post in the boxing thread? exactly. shut the f**k up.

You are hired!

all of sudden there are 2 experts and everyone else here LOL

Yeah. I actually train and prepare fighters. I manage fighters from the wildcard gym and another boxing gym in la. Does not make me an expert and in this sport if you follow it, you always expect the unexpected. The sport has a lot of flaws. We have been on the side of bad desicions and early stoppages. We keep going thou because we can't let sh*t like that dictate who you are as a fighter and as a person. I tell the guys to keep working and have faith that they get better. You have to stay humble in this sport and know when to listen and when to block out the bs. I have been involved with boxing for over 20 years but I am by no means an expert. I still have a lot to learn.
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:
i just call it how i see it .... boxing is great when the best fighters are matched up and the judging is fair... but now a days thats not what we get ... how can any one deny that

If football started throwing phantom penalties or calling field goals good when clearly missed then i would start bashing football too...

i question some of the referees in basketball because of the bogus calls, still not sure the basketballs not fixed, but im to in love with the lakers so i over look it lol

i personally have nothing against boxing and enjoy watching great fights but now a days they are few and far between

Just calling it how i see it

you serious dude? you love the lakers so its ok if the NBA cheats for them lol. get the f**k outta here.

theres no proof that nba is fixed and if it was then i wouldnt watch lol so i over look the possibility that it is because i love watching the lakers bro...

your doing the same thing for your love of boxing ...

you couldnt watch the fight tonight and not think that theres a possibility that it was fixed but youll never admit it , Teddy Atlas is on espn saying the sport is corrupt ... there's not a bright future for the sport but you over look it because you love the sport ...plus your just mad cuz your boxing sport just had the worst night in a long long time ... proving my point even further that its going bye bye from the public view ... the sport of boxing is always going to be around but it will just be like ultimate Frisbee ... its around but nobody watches ... except amir

hopefully im wrong, because pac showed why i was once a huge fan before him and PBF started ducking each other but the night was all ruined by the corruption of the sport ...
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Dam. I never knew we had so many boxing gurus on here. Next time I need help with one of my fighters I will hire all you fvckers.

i like how everyone is making fun of mug for being a boxing expert, yet all of you are now? how many times you post in this thread before the decision? how many times you post in the boxing thread? exactly. shut the f**k up.

You are hired!

Yeah. I actually train and prepare fighters. I manage fighters from the wildcard gym and another boxing gym in la. Does not make me an expert and in this sport if you follow it, you always expect the unexpected. The sport has a lot of flaws. We have been on the side of bad desicions and early stoppages. We keep going thou because we can't let sh*t like that dictate who you are as a fighter and as a person. I tell the guys to keep working and have faith that they get better. You have to stay humble in this sport and know when to listen and when to block out the bs. I have been involved with boxing for over 20 years but I am by no means an expert. I still have a lot to learn.

lol this. the last person you wanna question about boxing is demon lol.

How much we talking?

One hundred gajillion dollars!

My nigha got robbed.

Plain and simple.

One hundred gajillion dollars!

I would have settled for 5 bucks, but OK/

Sorry, but it does matter if they're off by 1 round or 5. While many believe Marquez should have won their last fight, an argument could be made for either side while still maintaining some degree of credibility. Not so when a fighter clearly dominates 9 or 10 rounds of a 12 round fight.

So just because you can justify a bad decision it makes that bad decision better then one in a fight where it is not justifiable. IMO a bad call is a bad call, also Manny should've known he needed to KO Bradley, just winning rounds isn't enough anymore with these screwed up judges. Especially being that some of the same judges that screwed over Marquez where the same judges hired for this fight. Clearly these judges have a unique style of scoring boxing matches that I won't even try to comprehend. In the end I think Manny won but I also think it his fault he lost. He had a lot of opportunities to finish Bradly but he chose to put it in cruise control and take it easy. BIG MISTAKE
So Demon you work with Freddie?

What is your opinion on this fight then? Horrible decision or are you okay with it?

You are hired!

lol this. the last person you wanna question about boxing is demon lol.

im not questioning anyone, YOU are. i think the decision is wack but im not butt hurt about it bc as demon just said, you move on. Im a Pac fan but this is more funny to me than upsetting. I watch my share of boxing and picked up boxing as a work out this last year with some buddies who are into boxing... i try and keep up but the sport is "less desirable' among my list of interests
Share 49ersWebzone