There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Team USA Basketball--London Gold Medal Olympic Champions

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
My picks with 2008 experience and talent that plays well in the international style in mind:
Anthony
James
Igoudala
Gay
Chandler
Anthony Davis or Griffin (coaches decision)
Love
Bryant
Durant
Gordan (fills need of pure shooter ala ray allen/steph curry)
Paul
Williams or Westbrook (coaches decision)

Final Prediction:
Melo
Lebron
Igoudala
Gay/A. Davis (Gay's defensive length and scoring makes his game translate well to International ball but if Davis is healthy he beats him out)
Chandler
Griffin
Love
Bryant
Durant
C. Paul
D Williams
Westbrook (beats out pure shooter Gordon and plays key scoring 6th man role that D Wade dominated in China)

Looks like Harden beat out the need for a big man. I guessed it all except for Gay/Davis.
I absolutetly love usa basketball.

So many options to b played out with the roster.

U go guys!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
7/7/12 UPDATE

Final 12 man roster as announced by USA Basketball:

Kevin Durant,
Russel Westbrook,
James Harden,
LeBron James,
Kobe Bryant,
Carmelo Anthony,
Tyson Chandler,
Blake Griffin,
Chris Paul,
Deron Williams,
Kevin Love and
Andre Iguodala.

Schedule:
July 29: USA vs France
July 31: USA vs Tunisia
Aug 6: USA vs Argentina
Aug 8: Quarterfinals
Aug 10: Simifinals
Sunday Aug 12: Championship Game

Here's my replacement roster:

Ty Lawson, 5'11, PG
Bradley Beal, 6'5, SG *college*
Kyrie Irving, 6''3, PG *usa select*
Eric Gordon, 6'3, SG
Evan Turner, 6'7, SG/SF
Joe Johnson, 6'7, SG/SF
Rudy Gay, 6'8, SG/SF
Josh Smith, 6'9, SF
Thomas Robinson, 6'9, PF *college*
LaMarcus Aldridge, 6'11, PF
Taj Gibson, 6'9, PF *usa select*
DeMarcus Cousins, 6'11, C *usa select*

The first team is overkill. Throw in some college talent and roll out the gold for both squads. This one features tremendous speed, athleticism, defense, rebounding, scoring/shooting (well doh so does the 1st team). But it has more depth and toughness at the forward/center positions which will be needed against some of the heavier front court international teams.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jul 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM ]
My starting 5 would be : Paul, Kobe , Durant, Lebron, Chandler
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
My starting 5 would be : Paul, Kobe , Durant, Lebron, Chandler

Does your boner count as a person? Cause if so that's 6
Originally posted by LA9erFan:


Last thing we need is Cousins getting into it with an Iranian center and starting World War 3. We might as well send Artest while we're at it.

Cousins needs to grow up. Can't go around punching out Iranian basketball players.
If not Spain, Team USA. But I can't see any team getting close to beating the gentlemen from America, home of the free, land of the brave.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
My starting 5 would be : Paul, Kobe , Durant, Lebron, Chandler

Does your boner count as a person? Cause if so that's 6

Nope it doesn't
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
My starting 5 would be : Paul, Kobe , Durant, Lebron, Chandler

Does your boner count as a person? Cause if so that's 6

Nope it doesn't

f**k
Originally posted by marshniners24:
DeMarcus Cousins time with Bosh out??

Jerry Colangelo Says DeMarcus Cousins Needs to Grow Up to Make Team USA
DeMarcus Cousins' dream of making the Olympic team didn't come true, and USA Basketball head honcho Jerry Colangelo blames some of that on Cousins' maturity level. From USA Today: "Cousins might have been an Olympian in his own mind at one time. Cousins, a talented player still working on his attitude and demeanor, is not yet close, according to USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/07/jerry-colangelo-says-demarcus-cousins-needs-to-grow-up-to-make-team-usa/
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
DeMarcus Cousins time with Bosh out??

Jerry Colangelo Says DeMarcus Cousins Needs to Grow Up to Make Team USA
DeMarcus Cousins' dream of making the Olympic team didn't come true, and USA Basketball head honcho Jerry Colangelo blames some of that on Cousins' maturity level. From USA Today: "Cousins might have been an Olympian in his own mind at one time. Cousins, a talented player still working on his attitude and demeanor, is not yet close, according to USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/07/jerry-colangelo-says-demarcus-cousins-needs-to-grow-up-to-make-team-usa/

Welcome to a couple days ago
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
DeMarcus Cousins time with Bosh out??

Jerry Colangelo Says DeMarcus Cousins Needs to Grow Up to Make Team USA
DeMarcus Cousins' dream of making the Olympic team didn't come true, and USA Basketball head honcho Jerry Colangelo blames some of that on Cousins' maturity level. From USA Today: "Cousins might have been an Olympian in his own mind at one time. Cousins, a talented player still working on his attitude and demeanor, is not yet close, according to USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/07/jerry-colangelo-says-demarcus-cousins-needs-to-grow-up-to-make-team-usa/

Welcome to a couple days ago

Today Cousins says he doesn't know why Colangelo called him immature What an idiot. According to Bob Fitzgerald he was hard fouling everyone in just a normal scrimmage when Team USA was going against international zone looks.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Today Cousins says he doesn't know why Colangelo called him immature What an idiot. According to Bob Fitzgerald he was hard fouling everyone in just a normal scrimmage when Team USA was going against international zone looks.

He was probably told to

Kobe said he liked it cause the international guys foul and bang a lr. Cuz is just getting them ready like the select team is suppose to do

Not his fault he's the best big man out there on the floor
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Blake Griffin hurt his knee in a Team USA scrimmage Wednesday and is returning to LA to be examined by team doctors, sources tell Y! Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA USA Basketball has summoned Anthony Davis to report to Las Vegas for training camp immediately, sources tell Y! Sports.