LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Team USA Basketball--London Gold Medal Olympic Champions

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Favors isn't going to make it in over Bosh or Love

Yeah I even have Rudy Gay making it over Blake Griffin (above). I don't know much about Favors game, but I would guess it would relate pretty well to the international style.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Favors isn't going to make it in over Bosh or Love

Yeah I even have Rudy Gay making it over Blake Griffin (above). I don't know much about Favors game, but I would guess it would relate pretty well to the international style.

I just feel he's a big body that can provide good defense at the very least. But sincal is correct, those guys are more proven and been around longer.

Not many people really know much about him all that well due to him sitting behind Milsap and Al Jefferson. I think he's going to become a household name here next season. I think he's that good. Again the guys still 20 years old, and he's still got A LOT to learn. That's a great thing. He's also got great attitude off the court as well.
Bosh is out. If one more all star drops I'll start to doubt our ability to win gold.
My picks with 2008 experience and talent that plays well in the international style in mind:
Anthony
James
Igoudala
Gay
Chandler
Anthony Davis or Griffin (coaches decision)
Love
Bryant
Durant
Gordan (fills need of pure shooter ala ray allen/steph curry)
Paul
Williams or Westbrook (coaches decision)
Bosh is out. If one more all star drops I'll start to doubt our ability to win gold.

We could lose Lebron, CP3, and Melo and still be expected to win gold. There's more than enough talent in the NBA to field 3+ USA teams that could win the gold.

The issue has always been coaching and getting these guys to play team ball and accept lesser roles.

I'd argue that 1/3 to 1/2 of the teams in the NBA could win Gold if asked to play.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

He needs to rest...no point aggravating that injury. Lebron should play very limited numbers - as we all Durant and Westbrook.

Kobe, Lebron, Durant Yeah they'll be just fine
DeMarcus Cousins time with Bosh out??
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

He needs to rest...no point aggravating that injury. Lebron should play very limited numbers - as we all Durant and Westbrook.

Durrant pretty much put the team on his back to win the World Championship in Turkey in 2010. Igudala played very well in '08 and '10 also. His game really translates to the international game. That is why I left Blake Griffin as a coaches decision in my prediction. Pure athleticism doesn't guarantee you to be a starter in international competitions.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

he didin't even get called for a try-out: 12 of this list make the final squad:
http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/2012MOLYroster.html

Select squad doe
So has Coach K made any official announcements on replacements for Bosh, Wade, Howard? Or all just speculations at this point?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Last thing we need is Cousins getting into it with an Iranian center and starting World War 3. We might as well send Artest while we're at it.

Select squad doe

Yup he's on the select squad. I hope he gets on the team, I'd love to see him rep USA and be around all those all stars and pros. I think it'd be good for him. I don't think he would pull an Artest on anyone, he's actually matured a lot since the beginning of last season.
So are we winning Gold or not?
[ Edited by Goldson38 on Jun 30, 2012 at 6:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone