There are 233 users in the forums

Team USA Basketball--London Gold Medal Olympic Champions

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
If cousins makes the team im rooting for another country to win

Last thing we need is Cousins getting into it with an Iranian center and starting World War 3. We might as well send Artest while we're at it.

Good thing Bynum isn't going then, lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
If cousins makes the team im rooting for another country to win

Last thing we need is Cousins getting into it with an Iranian center and starting World War 3. We might as well send Artest while we're at it.

Good thing Bynum isn't going then, lol

Don't you want Artest there so he can promote World Peace.
Supposedly James Harden has been added to the finalist list, and Anthony Davis is a possibility as well.

I'd LOVE to see Davis on the court with Kobe, LeBron, & Co.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Team USA is gonna lose to Team Pakistan this year. We're going to blow away the competition.
Originally posted by Amir:
Team USA is gonna lose to Team Pakistan this year. We're going to blow away the competition.

Pun intended?
Javale McGee time
Supposedly James Harden has been added to the finalist list, and Anthony Davis is a possibility as well.

I'd LOVE to see Davis on the court with Kobe, LeBron, & Co.

Love, Chandler, Bosh, and Griffin will all get more playing time than Anthony Davis, but who knows, Coach K could probably find him some playing time.
  • Jiks
2 possibles from the Jazz would be Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors. Both young upcoming players who have a lot to offer the team. Hayward is a passing SG who can hit shot's all over the court, and play pretty good defense. Favors to me is has about the same skill sets as Bynum maybe a little more, just has to sit behind two guys in Milsap and Jefferson. Poster above said Al Jefferson, but I think Favors would be the better choice. His defense is much much better. We don't neccesariy need scoring, his defense would be very helpful.
We need the Brow
They also added Kyrie Erving to the list.

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Javale McGee time

Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

Whiz lobbying hard for John Wall to get a try out: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1170688-london-2012-how-john-wall-replacing-derrick-rose-on-team-usa-benefits-wizards
Wade less than certain he will play in the Olympics:

"I told them, I said, listen, I'm just going to see how I feel," Wade said last week. "This is about being healthy—I think, for all of us, going into the summer healthy—and taking it from there."

Sure, Team USA is still rife with talent—LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul remain on the team, to name a few—but not having Rose and Howard around will definitely hurt.

And possibly not having Wade won't help. Plus, what happens if the Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat meet in the NBA Finals? What if that series goes seven games? Will players like James, Wade, Durant, Westbrook, Chris Bosh and James Harden back out of the Olympics?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1177053-london-2012-usa-basketball-will-face-a-tough-task-after-injuries-to-stars
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

good move getting him in our National Team System before he decided to play for Australia. I'm surprised he has duel citizenship.
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Russell Westbrook
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Kevin Love
Tyson Chandler
Anthony Davis

That would be my team. I would switch Davis with Aldridge if he was ready to go.
Share 49ersWebzone