LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Supporting 49ers, but not supporting SFGiants, Sharks, Warriors etc

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I love reading everyone's reasonings for being lakers fans. It's because you're BANDWAGONERS, quit acting like you aren't

Obviously you didn't read them all.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I love reading everyone's reasonings for being lakers fans. It's because you're BANDWAGONERS, quit acting like you aren't

Read yours, read them all. Still stand by my statement

translation: your team sucks and you're jealous

Haha mine wasn't a bandwagon, it was more anti bandwagon. The kings got good, everyone switched to them, and I rooted against them so during high school that was the lakers. Also my older brother who has 12yrs on me liked them and growing up you usually imitate your older brother, so I always leaned towards them when I didn't like watching basketball.

The giants, well when I was getting into baseball the A's were the bay area team, I was 6-7 and starting in teeball. And the 9ers I have no idea why. Of course I do not remember becoming a fan of these 2. I can only go by what my parents have told me. And my mom "claims" I was a dodger fan at some point before, but I was never incompetent nor had an affinity for beach balls so I still call BS on that(she WAS a dodger fan I guess)

I can still root for the A's, warriors, sharks and pretty much any norcal team not named raiders or kings.
Born in SF....St Lukes... SF Giants diehard, Niner die hard.
Ken Dorsey- tour -Vet.
I don't really care for Bball.

I will say this, I do understand the flocking towards the Lakers by most
With sh*tty management in the Warriors/ Kings offices, they don't really deserve your support.
If the Warriors move to San Fran doe..........
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Born in SF....St Lukes... SF Giants diehard, Niner die hard.
Ken Dorsey- tour -Vet.
I don't really care for Bball.

I will say this, I do understand the flocking towards the Lakers by most
With sh*tty management in the Warriors/ Kings offices, they don't really deserve your support.
If the Warriors move to San Fran doe..........

Patience my son...they will, they will.
Obviously I'm from LA so I support LA teams. Despite being a Dodger fan, I actually like the Giants too because San Francisco is in the name and as a kid, anything with the city name, I associated with the 49ers.

When you're 5 years old and you're doing what your big brother tells you to do, that's not bandwagoning. They could've been the worst team of all time and I wouldn't have known any different. Your blanket statement is incorrect, and is just one out of hatred.

And after 30+ years, you can hardly call it being a bandwagon fan. So to you, I say good day.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'm a SoCal Niner fan. For the record, I became a 49er fan well before the Rams and Raiders left LA.

Other teams I support: Lakers, USC. Those are the teams I grew up with.
[ Edited by kray28 on Apr 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM ]

Speak the truth!

By the way I'm a die hard Giants and Warriors fan as well as a life long 49er fan in my short 18 years of life
Personally I am not a casual fan. I invest a good amount of emotional and financial energy into my football, baseball and basketball teams. Its not about winning to me. I can stand losing. I can live with losing. What I cannot not accept though is when a Franchise is simply not competing on an organizational level. If a Franchise does not compete in this realm consistently I can't invest in them.

I was born and raised in Nor Cal and now live in So Cal where my kids were born and raised. So I have no problem investing in any of the Cali teams.

I remain loyal to the Niners because I think Jed York is trying. I almost walked away from the Niners because I KNEW John York was not. Win or lose I believe the Niners as a Franchise are trying to compete, so I will invest and live with the results.

The Warriors are not trying. This is not even up for debate. So I became a Laker fan because I know that Franchise is trying. I became a Laker fan after their Kobe and Shaq Championships and Pre Gasol. My first years as a Laker fan I dealt with them losing in the playoffs in early to mid rounds, again I lived with the losing because I believed ownership was trying to compete. So I was fine with investing myself. Jim Buss is a drop off from Jerry, but early signs show he will be a player for the long term so I am sure I will die a Laker fan

The Giants have been a tough one, they clearly operate under a very real capacity. They fall somewhere between the Warriors and the Niners from an Franchise point of view but ultimately I think they do compete well enough in the front office so I remain a fan.

Call me a bandwagoneer all you want, I just refuse to sell my energy so cheap. The Warriors don't deserve me as a fan. I honestly don't think they should have any fans. John Yorks Niners don't deserve me either, but I waited it out because Jed was in the wings
[ Edited by danimal on May 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM ]
gotta love all the bitter warrior fans calling laker fans bandwagoners cause your team sucks
49ers/SPURS/ANGELS/SEMINOLES/Penguins/Denny Hamlin(nascar..lol)
49ERS ** LAKERS ** DODGERS ** USC TROJANS **

Born and raised in the 818 SFV ... True Angeleno, never been a bandwagoner and never will be ... barely remember the raiders and rams being in LA, vividly remember Steve young, Jerry Rice and the 49ers winning the super bowl at a young age, not sure what drew me to them, maybe winning. But my whole fam, Pops and both brothers are raider die hards and some how i am a 9ers fan (thank god lol)

been going to Los angeles sport events for a long time and 2 years ago i went my first 49er game Monday night against the saints, we lost barely but the stadium was rocking and for the first time in my life i was surrounded by 1000's of fellow 9er fans, unbelievable experience and cant wait to get back this year
Share 49ersWebzone