LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Supporting 49ers, but not supporting SFGiants, Sharks, Warriors etc

Originally posted by LBCniner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
To be fair, you guys got rid of a considerable chunk of last years squad and are not the same team that won it all.

this may be true, but brendan wright, delonte west and vince carter have been playing pretty decent for us..brendan wright has been a beast for us lately

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
80's bandwagon fan. also, all others sports SUCK!
Here's the answer you're looking for: bandwagon jumpers.
i know some tool who's a niners, lakers, yankees and redwings fan

that's the definition of bandwagon f*ggot
Originally posted by drunk49er:

Yeah I hate when people pick and choose.

Born and raised in Norcal, lived in Socal for almost the last 10 years and unlike 70% of people I know who did the same thing, I still f**king hate every single Socal team minus the Clippers.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Yeah I hate when people pick and choose.

Born and raised in Norcal, lived in Socal for almost the last 10 years and unlike 70% of people I know who did the same thing, I still f**king hate every single Socal team minus the Clippers.

You're not so bad after all...
Just grew up liking certain teams.Loved the niners since i was like ten.Born and raised in new york but the only new york team i root for is the rangers.Grew up rooting against the mets became a cardinal fan around the same age my favorite player was tommy herr,but also loved willie mcghee,ozzy an dthe whole crew.Loved the classic card/met games.Dont follow basketball but will root against knicks just to be a prick.lol.
49ers/49ers/49ers
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
no one cares, how's that for respect?

how do you end up rooting for a team from texas and california?

This is what I was looking to get to the bottom of.
For example(s)
If you are from "Randomsville" in the Midwest, how do you then support the 49ers, your "local" hockey team and say the Lakers and the Mets.
If you are living in NY, how come you support the 49ers, the Mets and the Islanders?
If you live in San Francisco, how come you support, let's say, the Braves and the Rangers?

There is no rule book that says you HAVE to support the local team you live by, as if that was true then I'd be a dang redskin fan and that just isn't happening. Its a free country with a freedom of choice. There are just as many reasons to like a team living somewhere else as it is to say "I live close to them, so I root for them". To be honest if thats the only reason that a person roots for somebody then I question how commited they are to that team then the die hard fans across the country, as we're the ones that are constantly having to explain ourselves. Take it from me as a niner fan on the east coast, their aren't many of us and I have caught my fair share of flack for it but I don't care as the niners are my team and always will be. Just like I love the penguins in hockey and the bulls in basketball and I have loved all three for the last 23 years of my life since I was a five year old and never waivered and never will.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM ]

n***a, I got you beat. I know this beetch who's a patriots, Giants, and Lakers fan and she lives in the bay and never lived outside of the west coast. I don't know where the ghey ass patriots came from, but I know she's a bandwagoner. I've known her long enough that she USE TO root for the kings AND LAKERS back when they were good. Now, there's no mention of the kings.

I like all the local teams, but if the kings' debacle does not clear up soon, I'll jump on the Warriors band wagon.

I am a Red Sox fan cause Nomar was my favorite player as a kid.
Originally posted by NextofKIN:

REPORT FOR GAYNESS.
Niners/Giants/lakers/sharks Most of my family are fans of all except a few are dodgers, raiders, and kings fans coincidentally they are the moreso drunk crazy part of the family that you don;t see very often lmao. I became a niners fan mostly because i was a lil kid and my mom and dad were fans. Most of my family is from the bay as well. I became a Laker fan when they sucked balls im talking when Sedale Threat was our starting point guard and Magic was trying to coach LMAO. The Giants just kinda happened around the time when Barry Bonds first came to the team. I root for the sharks for the most part because there more local than any other hockey team.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by NextofKIN:

REPORT FOR GAYNESS.

born in SJ, all my family is from SJ, so 49ers, Giants, Sharks have been my teams from the start.

moved around as a kid to SLC and started following the Jazz. Too loyal to switch. lived in Kansas for 6 years, plus would have attended KU if we stayed there, so Jayhawks have been my college team since. Im happy they just happen to be a NCAA basketball powerhouse.

oh, and HATE almost every southern CA sports team with a passion. Dodgers, Lakers, USC, plus Rams and Raiders used to play there. Every team down there outside the Clippers and maybe Chargers makes me

lol I have a friend whos a huge Dodgers, Lakers, Rams, and USC fan. We dont talk sports much, for good reason.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 21, 2012 at 12:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone