LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Cotto and Canelo vs Mosley (May 5th HBO PPV)

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
No he's not a threat. He's good, but not on that elite level, IMO. He's been ducking Khan for awhile, too. From what it looks, he wants that big paycheck.

Yup, that is why he called out Manny. The media is trying to make more money for this fight also by building up Bradley.

Bradley is a good boxer but 1. he should've fought Khan at 140 2. hes never fought at 147. Never having fought at Welterweight and never having fought a big name (I don't count Devon Alexander) is not a good formula when facing someone of Manny's caliber.

After Nate Campbell he fought Abregu at 147

yeah, you are right, he did fight Abregu at 147 but I think he fought Lamont Peterson after Nate Campbell.
ha ha, so Mayweather could not destroy Cotto.

j/k......kinda...

Pac Fan
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
So I'm kind of surprised boxing fans were so excited about this match.

Did anyone think Cotto had a shot?

Unless its Manny - Mayweather, I won't be watching any matches.

Boxing fans get excited about matches on the regular, why would this one be any different?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by danimal:

j/k......kinda...

Pac Fan

Pac has enormous troubles with JMM and floyd destoryed him. See previous page. Style makes fights.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Boxing fans get excited about matches on the regular, why would this one be any different?

This.

there are TONS of boxing fights that boxing fans wanna see. the fight i wanted to see most this year was Gamboa/Rios but that didn't end up happening.

j/k......kinda...

Pac Fan

Pac has enormous troubles with JMM and floyd destoryed him. See previous page. Style makes fights.

I understand that, twas why I said just kidding. The kinda part was just joking because I am a Pac fan so I would like to believe this could be a end all argument.

Hey do you have a link to the punch breakdown of the fight? I can't find one

j/k......kinda...

Pac Fan

I believe the Marquez camp said that the weight he fought PBF wasn't ideal for him.

j/k......kinda...

Pac Fan

This
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I believe the Marquez camp said that the weight he fought PBF wasn't ideal for him.
Neither was Cotto's weight against Manny.

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
The Cotto MAnny whupped on and the Cotto Mayweather fought are different. Cotto's trainer has made a lot og changes to Cottos style. There is never a direct comparison. The old saying in boxing is styles make fights.

THIS

Manny whooped Cotto and Cotto looked good against Floyd. Floyd whooped JMM and JMM always looks good against Manny. Obviously, there were weight issues with each fight but you get the idea.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I understand that, twas why I said just kidding. The kinda part was just joking because I am a Pac fan so I would like to believe this could be a end all argument.

Hey do you have a link to the punch breakdown of the fight? I can't find one

lulz

I can't log onto the boxing forum I'm on right now. once i do, I'll post the link to the punch breakdown.

Cotto did better than I thought he would.
Floyd fought a somewhat bigger guy. ....with a belt.

Floyd did get bloodied up a bit.
The ony other big time fight for Floyd, other than Manny will be against Martinez at 154Lbs. Might be interesting to see a counter puncher against a counter puncher, or might be a dud because of the safety first style sometimes used by both.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
The ony other big time fight for Floyd, other than Manny will be against Martinez at 154Lbs. Might be interesting to see a counter puncher against a counter puncher, or might be a dud because of the safety first style sometimes used by both.

I'd love to see Floyd vs King Serg. Only way it happens is if the Manny fight doesn't happen.....again.
I predict that Floyd will fight 2 more times then call it quits. The Manny thing is never gonna happen you can blame whoever you want but it aint gonna happen

There's also Berto depending on how he looks against Ortiz. Berto's seemed to built up a decent fanbase.
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on May 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone