Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 474 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL This coming from the guy who was counting the Giants out last year by May. The Giants did not have their best player in 2011 which is why making that trade for Beltran made even less sense. If Posey had been healthy and the Giants were at full strength the trade would have made more sense. Either way though, it was fricking stupid .

We were in contention at the time we made the trade and if I recall correctly, we won 2 of the first 3 with Beltran @ Philly. We were 1st in the NL West and I think we may have been close to the top record in the NL as well. The team just went on a terrible slide after that.

I don't think it's fair to say we didn't have a shot in 2011 because even with Posey out, we were still winning...yes it didn't sustain but that was after the trade.

I was in favor of trying to get Beltran at the time, but even me, someone who doesn't pay attention to MiLB, had heard of how good Wheeler could be...so I didn't like giving him up.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
We were in contention at the time we made the trade and if I recall correctly, we won 2 of the first 3 with Beltran @ Philly. We were 1st in the NL West and I think we may have been close to the top record in the NL as well. The team just went on a terrible slide after that.

I don't think it's fair to say we didn't have a shot in 2011 because even with Posey out, we were still winning...yes it didn't sustain but that was after the trade.

I was in favor of trying to get Beltran at the time, but even me, someone who doesn't pay attention to MiLB, had heard of how good Wheeler could be...so I didn't like giving him up.

we were in first place with a 2 game lead
So...

Posey, Timmy, and Pablo...

Rookie of the year. MVP. 2 cy youngs. 2010 best pitcher in world series/playoffs. World Series MVP and like 15 at bats too much from rookie of year. Oh yeah, and 2 World Series rings each.

Yet some would trade easily for Harper/Zimmerman/straus.

Ha. I remember the s**t that was given.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
So...

Posey, Timmy, and Pablo...

Rookie of the year. MVP. 2 cy youngs. 2010 best pitcher in world series/playoffs. World Series MVP and like 15 at bats too much from rookie of year. Oh yeah, and 2 World Series rings each.

Yet some would trade easily for Harper/Zimmerman/straus.

Ha. I remember the s**t that was given.

Matt Cain
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
So...

Posey, Timmy, and Pablo...

Rookie of the year. MVP. 2 cy youngs. 2010 best pitcher in world series/playoffs. World Series MVP and like 15 at bats too much from rookie of year. Oh yeah, and 2 World Series rings each.

Yet some would trade easily for Harper/Zimmerman/straus.

Ha. I remember the s**t that was given.

Matt Cain

Lincecum won the Babe Ruth Award in 2010, which is the award for MVP of the entire postseason.
Any word on how Gary Brown is doing in Spring Training?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Any word on how Gary Brown is doing in Spring Training?

From the games I've seen he looks a little overmatched but he's only had 7 AB's so far.

I would be shocked to see him not start the season in Fresno.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
So...

Posey, Timmy, and Pablo...

Rookie of the year. MVP. 2 cy youngs. 2010 best pitcher in world series/playoffs. World Series MVP and like 15 at bats too much from rookie of year. Oh yeah, and 2 World Series rings each.

Yet some would trade easily for Harper/Zimmerman/straus.

Ha. I remember the s**t that was given.

LOL. I guess that was directed at me. Glad we didnt make the deal then obviously but I would do it now for sure. I love Posey a LOT but Panda may eat himself out of the league in a few years and Lincecum is about done as a big time pitcher. Put it this way, Washington would laugh hysterically at the offer.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Any word on how Gary Brown is doing in Spring Training?

From the games I've seen he looks a little overmatched but he's only had 7 AB's so far.

I would be shocked to see him not start the season in Fresno.

You really see Brown repeating AA? I can't see that at all.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Any word on how Gary Brown is doing in Spring Training?

From the games I've seen he looks a little overmatched but he's only had 7 AB's so far.

I would be shocked to see him not start the season in Fresno.

You really see Brown repeating AA? I can't see that at all.

Fresno is AAA
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Any word on how Gary Brown is doing in Spring Training?

From the games I've seen he looks a little overmatched but he's only had 7 AB's so far.

I would be shocked to see him not start the season in Fresno.

You really see Brown repeating AA? I can't see that at all.

Fresno is AAA

[ Edited by YungAce on Feb 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM ]
Belt 2-3 with a homer today, GB got a hit filling in at leadoff.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Belt 2-3 with a homer today, GB got a hit filling in at leadoff.

look at the stats last night. both arent having a great spring, Good to see them start hitting.

Peguero is doing well. And Kleisheck or whatever is doing ok.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Any word on how Gary Brown is doing in Spring Training?

From the games I've seen he looks a little overmatched but he's only had 7 AB's so far.

I would be shocked to see him not start the season in Fresno.

You really see Brown repeating AA? I can't see that at all.

Fresno is AAA

lol, i realize that. The way you worded it gave me a confuse..."to see him NOT start the season in Fresno." Thought you meant he looked so bad that he wouldn't even be starting the season in AAA.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone