There are 208 users in the forums

Trouble for UA football coach Bobby Petrino? Update: Petrino fired

isn't he the coach who left atlanta high and dry?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Originally posted by global_nomad:
He'll be hired some where before the end of the month.

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if ASU hired him.

And he is fired:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/bobby-petrino-fired-arkansas-football-coach-motorcycle-accident-involving-25-year-old-jessica-dorrell-razorbacks-volleyball-player-article-1.1059458?localLinksEnabled=false

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing he really did wrong is hire a chick he is banging. But in this day and age, I'm sure this goes on all the time. Otherwise, who gives a crap if he is cheating on his wife?

He built Louisville into a winner in no time, and he took the Arkansas team to new heights last year.
Anyone got a picture of the girl?
I haven't followed the story, but what exactly did he get fired for? All I know is he had a motorcycle accident while riding with a woman who wasn't his wife. Also, does it mean youre having an affair if someone rides with you on your motorcycle? Ok, now I'm being naive. But is that what he was fired for?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ima49erfan15:

page 1.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I haven't followed the story, but what exactly did he get fired for? All I know is he had a motorcycle accident while riding with a woman who wasn't his wife. Also, does it mean youre having an affair if someone rides with you on your motorcycle? Ok, now I'm being naive. But is that what he was fired for?

Bobby Petrino fired at Arkansas after 'pattern' of reckless behavior, $20K payment to mistress.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBC_ARKANSAS_PETRINO?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-04-10-20-04-56
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM ]
Originally posted by ima49erfan15:

You mean Aaron Rodger wearing a blonde wig?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Bobby Petrino fired at Arkansas after 'pattern' of reckless behavior, $20K payment to mistress.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBC_ARKANSAS_PETRINO?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-04-10-20-04-56

Well umm, those a certainly fireable offenses. You just can't get caught giving a person a job just because they, well, gave you a job.
Good

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
As an alumnus, I am disappointed and heartbroken about the situation. I think I can speak for my fellow Razorbacks when I say that we are desperate for a championship team, but not like this.

Today, the right thing was done.
wrecked his bike, wrecked his career, wrecked his marriage all for a girl that looks like john elway.

oh and her fiance might be the luckiest man because of this, bobby petrino just saved him from a mistake.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Good. To many I'm sure win at all costs is the bottom line. The job was about molding young men but I'd be naive to think it really is anymore, but I still give a lot of credence to being represented by a man of character and integrity which Petrino has proven he clearly is not. It's nice to see karma bit him in the ass. If he had been the Niner coach and pulled what he did to Atlanta, every poster on this board would be rejoicing.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Yup. I lost all respect for him when he did that. Glad this happened to him.
Share 49ersWebzone