LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

Trouble for UA football coach Bobby Petrino? Update: Petrino fired

Originally posted by TX9R:
Good. To many I'm sure win at all costs is the bottom line. The job was about molding young men but I'd be naive to think it really is anymore, but I still give a lot of credence to being represented by a man of character and integrity which Petrino has proven he clearly is not. It's nice to see karma bit him in the ass. If he had been the Niner coach and pulled what he did to Atlanta, every poster on this board would be rejoicing.

Well, I don't think having an affair disqualifies somebody as a coach of a football team.

All the lying and giving of moeny and such, that does because then he is lying to the institution that hired him. I'm not saying its okay to lie to his wife, just that I generally think someones private life shouldn't get them fired from their job.

Edit: And to put it in perspective, if you had a highschool teacher that cheated on their spouse, do you think you would be a different person today?
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Good. To many I'm sure win at all costs is the bottom line. The job was about molding young men but I'd be naive to think it really is anymore, but I still give a lot of credence to being represented by a man of character and integrity which Petrino has proven he clearly is not. It's nice to see karma bit him in the ass. If he had been the Niner coach and pulled what he did to Atlanta, every poster on this board would be rejoicing.

Well, I don't think having an affair disqualifies somebody as a coach of a football team.

All the lying and giving of moeny and such, that does because then he is lying to the institution that hired him. I'm not saying its okay to lie to his wife, just that I generally think someones private life shouldn't get them fired from their job.

Edit: And to put it in perspective, if you had a highschool teacher that cheated on their spouse, do you think you would be a different person today?

That incident by itself wouldn't be that big a deal, though it's a LOT more than just cheating on his wife, dude lied to his employer in person and on TV. It's the history of being an all around slimeball. There are many of dudes like him in life that never get there comeuppance. I'm just glad to see some do.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

you're leaving out the part where he was sleeping with a girl that he eventually gave a job to at a state institution (i.e. a government run school) which is a big no no
Just think about what he really did. He tricked the school into paying for his adultery and opened them up to be sued. He created a job and staged a phony search. Hired his mistress. Making her part of his coaching staff. So when he goes on recruiting trips, coaching seminars etc etc. she would be right there traveling with him on the expense of the school and the taxpayers of the state. And she got 20,000. Sorry but your ass is gone. He's the one who brought his job into his personal life. he made the school his excuse. so when you say why are they always together the answer is b/c she works for him. He was pimping
[ Edited by lamontb on Apr 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM ]
What did he pay her 20g for?
Originally posted by b9er37:

keep quiet
Originally posted by schmons:
you're leaving out the part where he was sleeping with a girl that he eventually gave a job to at a state institution (i.e. a government run school) which is a big no no

I consider that part of the "lying and giving money" and I agree, big no no.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by b9er37:

keep quiet

Oooooooooh....
http://deadspin.com/5901394/over-two+month-period-bobby-petrino-exchanged-200-messages-with-former-miss-motorcycle-mania-bikini-model
He also was texting this gal hundreds of times
reminds me of that Seinfeld episode when Costanza acts like James Dean to impress the girl and it works until he gets a ticket and gets embarrassed by his father in front of the girl .

They overreacted. A simple affair with a young blond. What guy wouldn't want to do that? I think it's his personal life. Nobodys business.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They overreacted. A simple affair with a young blond. What guy wouldn't want to do that? I think it's his personal life. Nobodys business.

you're missing a lot of the details
Share 49ersWebzone