LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Warrior Fans tonight at the Mullin Jersey retirement!

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I understand the fans frustration, and their right to voice it. Although, IMO they took it too far last night. Lacob just got there. I know he traded Monta, but even with Monta you guys weren't making the playoffs. Not his fault you guys have sucked for a long time. Dude deserves a few years to turn it around. Who cares if he promised the playoffs this year. A lot of owners, coaches, etc do.

It's not just the trade. It's what he has done since taking over. First, signing Lee to a massive contract. Even the NY FO knew it was a bad idea. Then, not hiring the right people in the front office - which led to draft picks like Udoh and Klay. Then they got a golden chance of gettin' rid of Beidrins contract - and they failed at that too (I don't know how they managed to do that)...and now they trade Monta (which was fine by me) for an injury prone Center.

So, fans are booing because nothing has changed. Future still looks gloomy. We are not going anywhere for the 2-3 years. These idiots could have had all the cap room, with Curry as the starting PG heading into this FA.

This is why he got booed. He had a great great chance to fix this team this off-season. He blew it.

Did you guys really think that anybody was coming to the Warriors in FA? You already had Curry so you have a PG and it's not like you were getting Deron Williams. Dwight Howard wasn't coming there even if he had hit FA. You weren't getting anyone better than Bogut. You also kept your pick and have a chance at MKG or Harrison Barnes, or maybe Anthony Davis if you get real lucky. You weren't doing any better than that. Nobody was going to sign with the Warriors unless you over pay them, like they did with David Lee, and then you complain about that. So Lacob is in a no win situation with you guys. You'll be able to amnesty Biedrins again this offseason anyway. Not to mention if Cohan was still the owner they wouldn't have even been retiring Mullin's jersey anyway.

Like I said earlier, booing him was stupid. I don't blame the fans for being frustrated, and I didn't even think it was as bad as something like he would've gotten in Philly, but you guys are flat out blaming him for stuff he's not connected to(the past 20 years), and trying to do the best he can for this team. Atleast you guys don't have owners who tried to move your team.

Dwight wants to go to f**king NJ Nets - so why could he not pick us? With new ownership that is focused on winning (dumping salaries, acquiring picks and moving to SF is what they should have been focused on) + 40M in cap space and Curry at PG - I think Dwight Howard would have been interested. Gerald Wallace who I believe will be an unrestricted FA + with Curry, Udoh, Klay - and couple picks in the top 10 of this draft would have certainly attracted D12.

The only reason players don't want to come to Warriors is because there is no future and FO is meh. You create that, and you'll see many Superstars will want to play here.

Dwight only wanted to go to the Nets because they were moving to Brooklyn and his buddy Deron was there. He already turned down a trade to the warriors and said he wouldn't re-sign with you guys. I'm sorry dude but that's just the way it is lol. He wanted to go to Brooklyn because his agent could've marketed him better and Adidas would've had their biggest or 2nd biggest star(if you consider DRose a bigger star) in the biggest market in America. Even if the Warriors move to SF that is atleast 5 years out, and it's still not Brooklyn. The 2 places basketball players want to play is either LA or NY. These guys are a different breed than NFL players who will play anywhere as long as the organization is good. Then it turns out Dwight decided to stay in Orlando anyway, because he would rather be loyal than listen to his agent and Adidas. They'll most likely re-sign him this offseason and get some help for him. He was never coming to GSW. That's not Lacob's fault.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
What no one in this thread has really brought up is the fact that Lacob had absolutely no business making a speech AFTER the guy that was being honored. The introduction didnt help either. Yes, i know he meant retiring the number, but when he said "We've saved the best for last. Lets bring out the owner of the Warriors...." it just set the tone for a disaster. Lacob decided to put the spotlight on himself when there was no need to do so.

And honestly, he deserved to be booed. Straight up. I know he hasnt been here too long, but he hasnt accomplished anything.

List of good moves and accomplishments made by Lacob:

Rome wasn't built in a day either though.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I understand the fans frustration, and their right to voice it. Although, IMO they took it too far last night. Lacob just got there. I know he traded Monta, but even with Monta you guys weren't making the playoffs. Not his fault you guys have sucked for a long time. Dude deserves a few years to turn it around. Who cares if he promised the playoffs this year. A lot of owners, coaches, etc do.

It's not just the trade. It's what he has done since taking over. First, signing Lee to a massive contract. Even the NY FO knew it was a bad idea. Then, not hiring the right people in the front office - which led to draft picks like Udoh and Klay. Then they got a golden chance of gettin' rid of Beidrins contract - and they failed at that too (I don't know how they managed to do that)...and now they trade Monta (which was fine by me) for an injury prone Center.

So, fans are booing because nothing has changed. Future still looks gloomy. We are not going anywhere for the 2-3 years. These idiots could have had all the cap room, with Curry as the starting PG heading into this FA.

This is why he got booed. He had a great great chance to fix this team this off-season. He blew it.

Did you guys really think that anybody was coming to the Warriors in FA? You already had Curry so you have a PG and it's not like you were getting Deron Williams. Dwight Howard wasn't coming there even if he had hit FA. You weren't getting anyone better than Bogut. You also kept your pick and have a chance at MKG or Harrison Barnes, or maybe Anthony Davis if you get real lucky. You weren't doing any better than that. Nobody was going to sign with the Warriors unless you over pay them, like they did with David Lee, and then you complain about that. So Lacob is in a no win situation with you guys. You'll be able to amnesty Biedrins again this offseason anyway. Not to mention if Cohan was still the owner they wouldn't have even been retiring Mullin's jersey anyway.

Like I said earlier, booing him was stupid. I don't blame the fans for being frustrated, and I didn't even think it was as bad as something like he would've gotten in Philly, but you guys are flat out blaming him for stuff he's not connected to(the past 20 years), and trying to do the best he can for this team. Atleast you guys don't have owners who tried to move your team.

Dwight wants to go to f**king NJ Nets - so why could he not pick us? With new ownership that is focused on winning (dumping salaries, acquiring picks and moving to SF is what they should have been focused on) + 40M in cap space and Curry at PG - I think Dwight Howard would have been interested. Gerald Wallace who I believe will be an unrestricted FA + with Curry, Udoh, Klay - and couple picks in the top 10 of this draft would have certainly attracted D12.

The only reason players don't want to come to Warriors is because there is no future and FO is meh. You create that, and you'll see many Superstars will want to play here.

Dwight only wanted to go to the Nets because they were moving to Brooklyn and his buddy Deron was there. He already turned down a trade to the warriors and said he wouldn't re-sign with you guys. I'm sorry dude but that's just the way it is lol. He wanted to go to Brooklyn because his agent could've marketed him better and Adidas would've had their biggest or 2nd biggest star(if you consider DRose a bigger star) in the biggest market in America. Even if the Warriors move to SF that is atleast 5 years out, and it's still not Brooklyn. The 2 places basketball players want to play is either LA or NY. These guys are a different breed than NFL players who will play anywhere as long as the organization is good. Then it turns out Dwight decided to stay in Orlando anyway, because he would rather be loyal than listen to his agent and Adidas. They'll most likely re-sign him this offseason and get some help for him. He was never coming to GSW. That's not Lacob's fault.

When did I say Dwight wanted to come to Warriors in 2012? The future looks bleak for the Warriors - but if Lacob had actually fixed things to attract superstars - they could have. At least they could have tried to sell the idea to Dwight. As far as 2 places players want to play is either LA or NY is considered - that's just not true. Deron Williams is likely to leave the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets and go play for Dallas. Dwight didn't really want to play in LA.

If the "sources" are correct - Dwight wants two things - a chance at the NBA championship and be the main face of that franchise. This is why (again, according to the reports) he didn't want to play in Chicago and wasn't sure if he should go to LA. This is the reason why he wanted to play for the Nets. Since you already mentioned, he decided not to go to Nets - so the whole Adidas thing is a mute point. It doesn't matter what his agent or Adidas wanted.

The fact remains - this team hasn't changed under new ownership. They continue to make dumb decisions, and IMO worse than before. This is why fans are upset, because when the new ownership came in - people had high hopes. They have disappointed everyone who had some hope. I agree with everyone who booed.

When did I say Dwight wanted to come to Warriors in 2012? The future looks bleak for the Warriors - but if Lacob had actually fixed things to attract superstars - they could have. At least they could have tried to sell the idea to Dwight. As far as 2 places players want to play is either LA or NY is considered - that's just not true. Deron Williams is likely to leave the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets and go play for Dallas. Dwight didn't really want to play in LA.

If the "sources" are correct - Dwight wants two things - a chance at the NBA championship and be the main face of that franchise. This is why (again, according to the reports) he didn't want to play in Chicago and wasn't sure if he should go to LA. This is the reason why he wanted to play for the Nets. Since you already mentioned, he decided not to go to Nets - so the whole Adidas thing is a mute point. It doesn't matter what his agent or Adidas wanted.

The fact remains - this team hasn't changed under new ownership. They continue to make dumb decisions, and IMO worse than before. This is why fans are upset, because when the new ownership came in - people had high hopes. They have disappointed everyone who had some hope. I agree with everyone who booed.

Yeah but Deron's considering Dallas because Dallas is close to where he's from I believe. That's a hometown thing. Dwight considered the Mavs too, but only if Deron went there. His 3 teams were Nets(BKLN), Mavs(Deron), and Lakers. The main reason he didn't go to LA was because Orlando Management wasn't confident enough in Bynum's knees to get rid of Dwight for him. I mean sorry bro but no matter what happened, Dwight wasn't coming to the W's IMO. You guys are going to have to do what every other non major market does to be successful, draft good players and make good trades. OKC did it that way, Memphis did it that way, Chicago did it that way, Indy, Philly, SA, LAC(who isn't quite a small market but they don't have the same LA appeal that the Lakers do).

I also don't see how you think your team is worse off than before the new ownership and before the trade or whatever? Cohan wasn't willing to spend the money that Lacob will be, and the W's weren't going anywhere with a backcourt that had 2 players who were 6'2'' and 6'1''. If Bogut gets healthy(which he most likely will) you've got a franchise/top 10 center, a 15-10 PF, a good young PG, and a decent SG with some offensive skills. You can draft a SF in the draft provided you keep your pick, which you most likely will. Both MKG and Harrison Barnes have some serious star potential. That is a solid starting 5. I'm not sure if Mark Jackson is any good as a coach, but if he's not you can always replace him. I know you guys have been in a drought for a really long time and it sucks but Lacob is doing his best, he's a new owner so he will make some mistakes at first, but atleast he's willing to spend his money on you guys and he's willing to actually try. You just need a little more patience.

BTW if any of you guys remember, Jed made some mistakes before he got it right with Harbaugh and Baalke. Keeping Nolan 1 more year(partially his dad's decision), keeping Scotty till he drank himself out of the job, so excited about Sing he named him the HC after 8 games, and a lot of people thought he was an incompetent kid and they wanted the team sold to Ellison or whomever, and we had that annoying punk area49 posting how the 9ers needed to be sold and moved to SoCal. 3.5 years later or whatever, the 9ers are coming off their best season in like 14 years, Jed looks like a young Eddie D almost, the front office is in pretty good shape, the new stadium is on the way when most people were calling it a long shot, etc. Lacob hasn't had time to try to move the W's to SF and really get that in motion, he is still dealing with a roster where a lot of the players are holdovers from the old regime, or from the beginning of his ownership when you are more likely to make mistakes, etc.

Like I said earlier, at least he is trying. It could be worse. The Maloofs deserve to get booed every friggin game but Kings fans don't do it because we need to cooperate with them. Lacob could've been some douche who tried to move the team to SJ or Anaheim or something(although I doubt that would ever happen because the Bay is a big market and they wouldn't take a team out of it IMO), he could be sitting on 10-15 mill in cap room for the last 2-3 years, he could be cycling through cheap coach after cheap coach, he could make promises to spend cap room and then lose good players because he wasn't willing to give them enough, etc. I am pretty confident you guys will be successful soon with a 45-50 win team next season, be patient for it. It could be worse after all.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Yeah but Deron's considering Dallas because Dallas is close to where he's from I believe. That's a hometown thing. Dwight considered the Mavs too, but only if Deron went there. His 3 teams were Nets(BKLN), Mavs(Deron), and Lakers. The main reason he didn't go to LA was because Orlando Management wasn't confident enough in Bynum's knees to get rid of Dwight for him. I mean sorry bro but no matter what happened, Dwight wasn't coming to the W's IMO. You guys are going to have to do what every other non major market does to be successful, draft good players and make good trades. OKC did it that way, Memphis did it that way, Chicago did it that way, Indy, Philly, SA, LAC(who isn't quite a small market but they don't have the same LA appeal that the Lakers do).

I also don't see how you think your team is worse off than before the new ownership and before the trade or whatever? Cohan wasn't willing to spend the money that Lacob will be, and the W's weren't going anywhere with a backcourt that had 2 players who were 6'2'' and 6'1''. If Bogut gets healthy(which he most likely will) you've got a franchise/top 10 center, a 15-10 PF, a good young PG, and a decent SG with some offensive skills. You can draft a SF in the draft provided you keep your pick, which you most likely will. Both MKG and Harrison Barnes have some serious star potential. That is a solid starting 5. I'm not sure if Mark Jackson is any good as a coach, but if he's not you can always replace him. I know you guys have been in a drought for a really long time and it sucks but Lacob is doing his best, he's a new owner so he will make some mistakes at first, but atleast he's willing to spend his money on you guys and he's willing to actually try. You just need a little more patience.

BTW if any of you guys remember, Jed made some mistakes before he got it right with Harbaugh and Baalke. Keeping Nolan 1 more year(partially his dad's decision), keeping Scotty till he drank himself out of the job, so excited about Sing he named him the HC after 8 games, and a lot of people thought he was an incompetent kid and they wanted the team sold to Ellison or whomever, and we had that annoying punk area49 posting how the 9ers needed to be sold and moved to SoCal. 3.5 years later or whatever, the 9ers are coming off their best season in like 14 years, Jed looks like a young Eddie D almost, the front office is in pretty good shape, the new stadium is on the way when most people were calling it a long shot, etc. Lacob hasn't had time to try to move the W's to SF and really get that in motion, he is still dealing with a roster where a lot of the players are holdovers from the old regime, or from the beginning of his ownership when you are more likely to make mistakes, etc.

Like I said earlier, at least he is trying. It could be worse. The Maloofs deserve to get booed every friggin game but Kings fans don't do it because we need to cooperate with them. Lacob could've been some douche who tried to move the team to SJ or Anaheim or something(although I doubt that would ever happen because the Bay is a big market and they wouldn't take a team out of it IMO), he could be sitting on 10-15 mill in cap room for the last 2-3 years, he could be cycling through cheap coach after cheap coach, he could make promises to spend cap room and then lose good players because he wasn't willing to give them enough, etc. I am pretty confident you guys will be successful soon with a 45-50 win team next season, be patient for it. It could be worse after all.

Many reported that Dwight didn't really want to go to LA and he wants to go to a team that can win a championship with him being the face of the organization. That's what HE wanted. Somehow the Magic have convinced him that they can win the championship, so he is staying put for another year. With him choosing not to opt out, all these theories that he wants to play in LA or NY or with Deron are mute. Those are all secondary things to him.

Anyway, Warriors are not small market team. If they have a cap room, couple of high draft picks, and a stud at PG - they will attract plenty of stars. Just like people had a misconception about Yorks that they don't spend, ppl think Cohan didn't spend. Oh he spent money - but he too gave money to players who didn't deserve it.

...and yes, things could have been worse. Things can ALWAYS be worse. Lacob f**ked up big time. Forget Dwight, he is just an example - but with cap room, draft picks, and Curry - Warriors would have been a great spot. We could have traded for stars who want out. Instead, we don't have any cap room for the next 2-3 years, we have an injury prone Center (not sure how you think he will likely be healthy - when he has failed to stay healthy for years now), we have David Lee who is a fantasy star but is getting over-paid like crazy. Oh, and how can I forget the ever-so-valuable contract of Beidrins.

I know man, Rome wasn't built in a day - but this ain't Rome. Lacob had an excellent opportunity to really fix this team up and he missed it. Didn't even come close. Not one thing he has done gives me any confidence that he can turn it around. We traded Monta and Udoh for a Center who is injured often. We have no future, and again - this is why he got booed. f**k him!
Originally posted by kray28:
The entire NBA is laughing their asses off at the Warriors.

The fans have our pity.

The Monta trade was dumb. I can understand moving him....but not for what they got back. Bogut is what I call a "non-impact big". Why not keep Captain Jack?

The owner got what he deserved.
i am not a warrior fan but that was a smart trade

where the hell were the warriors going with monta? 9th or 10th seed every eyar out of 16?

they cant even get the 8th seed with him

bogut made teh 3rd all nba team 2 years ago as a C

you dont have a big man at all thats why your D was bad

it was a great trade
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by kray28:
The entire NBA is laughing their asses off at the Warriors.

The fans have our pity.

The Monta trade was dumb. I can understand moving him....but not for what they got back. Bogut is what I call a "non-impact big". Why not keep Captain Jack?

The owner got what he deserved.
i am not a warrior fan but that was a smart trade

where the hell were the warriors going with monta? 9th or 10th seed every eyar out of 16?

they cant even get the 8th seed with him

bogut made teh 3rd all nba team 2 years ago as a C

you dont have a big man at all thats why your D was bad

it was a great trade

this
Booing for not winning? When was the last time the Warriors were considered winners?

The Warriors only moment in the last 20 + years is the 1st round upset they pulled off.

Warriors R cursed like DC
Share 49ersWebzone