There are 298 users in the forums

Warrior Fans tonight at the Mullin Jersey retirement!

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
It's not just the trade. It's what he has done since taking over. First, signing Lee to a massive contract. Even the NY FO knew it was a bad idea. Then, not hiring the right people in the front office - which led to draft picks like Udoh and Klay. Then they got a golden chance of gettin' rid of Beidrins contract - and they failed at that too (I don't know how they managed to do that)...and now they trade Monta (which was fine by me) for an injury prone Center.

So, fans are booing because nothing has changed. Future still looks gloomy. We are not going anywhere for the 2-3 years. These idiots could have had all the cap room, with Curry as the starting PG heading into this FA.

This is why he got booed. He had a great great chance to fix this team this off-season. He blew it.

The Udoh pick may end up being decent and IMO the Klay pick was solid. Too early to tell on that. You can't judge those draft picks already. The Beidrins amnesty thing was stupid, I agree with you.

As far as the trade, I think Bogut has a fractured foot or something? If so, that is something he can come out of and not have to worry about. That injury will heal. He is still young. If he comes back healthy, that is a good trade. A good center is a lot more important and harder to find than an undersized two guard that can score. Even the Kings have a few of those

Of course if Bogut continues to have the injury bug, it will end up being a bad trade. Too early to tell at this point. Lacob still deserves a few years to do his thing.
what the hell was lacob doing talking anyways? he has absolutely nothing to do with mullins career at all
Totally ruined Mully's night. Instead of remembering a great ceremony for Mully, it will be remembered for this complete embarrassment.
Originally posted by schmons:
what the hell was lacob doing talking anyways? he has absolutely nothing to do with mullins career at all

Presenting his family a paid trip to Maui. Was that so bad?
Originally posted by kray28:
The entire NBA is laughing their asses off at the Warriors.

The fans have our pity.

The Monta trade was dumb. I can understand moving him....but not for what they got back. Bogut is what I call a "non-impact big". Why not keep Captain Jack?

The owner got what he deserved.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I understand the fans frustration, and their right to voice it. Although, IMO they took it too far last night. Lacob just got there. I know he traded Monta, but even with Monta you guys weren't making the playoffs. Not his fault you guys have sucked for a long time. Dude deserves a few years to turn it around. Who cares if he promised the playoffs this year. A lot of owners, coaches, etc do.

It's not just the trade. It's what he has done since taking over. First, signing Lee to a massive contract. Even the NY FO knew it was a bad idea. Then, not hiring the right people in the front office - which led to draft picks like Udoh and Klay. Then they got a golden chance of gettin' rid of Beidrins contract - and they failed at that too (I don't know how they managed to do that)...and now they trade Monta (which was fine by me) for an injury prone Center.

So, fans are booing because nothing has changed. Future still looks gloomy. We are not going anywhere for the 2-3 years. These idiots could have had all the cap room, with Curry as the starting PG heading into this FA.

This is why he got booed. He had a great great chance to fix this team this off-season. He blew it.

Did you guys really think that anybody was coming to the Warriors in FA? You already had Curry so you have a PG and it's not like you were getting Deron Williams. Dwight Howard wasn't coming there even if he had hit FA. You weren't getting anyone better than Bogut. You also kept your pick and have a chance at MKG or Harrison Barnes, or maybe Anthony Davis if you get real lucky. You weren't doing any better than that. Nobody was going to sign with the Warriors unless you over pay them, like they did with David Lee, and then you complain about that. So Lacob is in a no win situation with you guys. You'll be able to amnesty Biedrins again this offseason anyway. Not to mention if Cohan was still the owner they wouldn't have even been retiring Mullin's jersey anyway.

Like I said earlier, booing him was stupid. I don't blame the fans for being frustrated, and I didn't even think it was as bad as something like he would've gotten in Philly, but you guys are flat out blaming him for stuff he's not connected to(the past 20 years), and trying to do the best he can for this team. Atleast you guys don't have owners who tried to move your team.
The amnesty can only be used once, it's gone. But I agree with everything else you said.
Originally posted by SFrush:
The amnesty can only be used once, it's gone. But I agree with everything else you said.

Oh s**t I forgot you guys used it on Charlie Bell. That was dumb. Oh well though.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Oh s**t I forgot you guys used it on Charlie Bell. That was dumb. Oh well though.

Pretty much. I just wish Lacob would stop trying to defend the move or just don't comment on it at all.
Classless fans

Lacob stood there like a dope waiting for the crowd to stop booing. For goodness sake...FINISH your lines and get the hell out of there. Then Rick Barry makes matters worse by antagonizing the crowd. I give Lacob credit for organizing the ceremony. It was him who extended the olive branch to Mullin so he could have his jersey retired. But it was just a comedy of errors that led to what happened that night.
fans can boo whoever they damn well please.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I understand the fans frustration, and their right to voice it. Although, IMO they took it too far last night. Lacob just got there. I know he traded Monta, but even with Monta you guys weren't making the playoffs. Not his fault you guys have sucked for a long time. Dude deserves a few years to turn it around. Who cares if he promised the playoffs this year. A lot of owners, coaches, etc do.

Did you guys really think that anybody was coming to the Warriors in FA? You already had Curry so you have a PG and it's not like you were getting Deron Williams. Dwight Howard wasn't coming there even if he had hit FA. You weren't getting anyone better than Bogut. You also kept your pick and have a chance at MKG or Harrison Barnes, or maybe Anthony Davis if you get real lucky. You weren't doing any better than that. Nobody was going to sign with the Warriors unless you over pay them, like they did with David Lee, and then you complain about that. So Lacob is in a no win situation with you guys. You'll be able to amnesty Biedrins again this offseason anyway. Not to mention if Cohan was still the owner they wouldn't have even been retiring Mullin's jersey anyway.

Like I said earlier, booing him was stupid. I don't blame the fans for being frustrated, and I didn't even think it was as bad as something like he would've gotten in Philly, but you guys are flat out blaming him for stuff he's not connected to(the past 20 years), and trying to do the best he can for this team. Atleast you guys don't have owners who tried to move your team.

Dwight wants to go to f**king NJ Nets - so why could he not pick us? With new ownership that is focused on winning (dumping salaries, acquiring picks and moving to SF is what they should have been focused on) + 40M in cap space and Curry at PG - I think Dwight Howard would have been interested. Gerald Wallace who I believe will be an unrestricted FA + with Curry, Udoh, Klay - and couple picks in the top 10 of this draft would have certainly attracted D12.

The only reason players don't want to come to Warriors is because there is no future and FO is meh. You create that, and you'll see many Superstars will want to play here.
Warriors and Kings are irrelevent in the world of basketball until they actually make some moves.
What no one in this thread has really brought up is the fact that Lacob had absolutely no business making a speech AFTER the guy that was being honored. The introduction didnt help either. Yes, i know he meant retiring the number, but when he said "We've saved the best for last. Lets bring out the owner of the Warriors...." it just set the tone for a disaster. Lacob decided to put the spotlight on himself when there was no need to do so.

And honestly, he deserved to be booed. Straight up. I know he hasnt been here too long, but he hasnt accomplished anything.

List of good moves and accomplishments made by Lacob:
Share 49ersWebzone