LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Warrior Fans tonight at the Mullin Jersey retirement!

I am really disgusted by the fans at Oracle during Mully's retirement ceremony. Booing the new owner? Really? even after Chris told you to stop. After Rick Barry came out and let you know what the true Warriors thought? C'mon? Show a bit of respect. I am bummed out that the people who were lucky enough to be present for that great Warrior moment handled themselves like Philly fans at Christmas...

Damn!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Didn't realize Raymond Ridder had an account on 49erswebzone.

Welcome Raymond.
lol

49er fans booed John York at Jerry Rice's number retirement ceremony. No1 cared about that.
fans are supposed to be happy?
Originally posted by crzy:

Welcome Raymond.

Sorry, I don't know who Raymond Ridder is. Do tell. And also let me know how this is relevant to my distaste for the shallow, shortsighted, alzheimer laden fans that booed during Mully's retirement party.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
fans are supposed to be happy?

Fans aren't supposed to be happy, however, has there been another time in the last 16 years that fans could/should celebrate the team and/or the best player since Rick Barry? I mean, really? Tonight was the best time to show one's disapproval. Just sayin' ...... there have been and will be many chances.......
I'm kind of surprised these dudes booed Lacob. Atleast he is trying to win you guys something in the future. It could be worse. Look at the Kings-we have an owner who tried to move the team, got blocked by the NBA, then comes back and tries to play it off like it's nothing, all the while they hire crappy coaches and let unused cap space sit around. Atleast Lacob is willing to spend his money to build you guys a winner. That Monta trade was great btw, guards like Monta rarely win anything in the NBA and now you can most likely keep your pick which will be 1 of MKG or Harrison Barnes. Bogut/Lee should be a good frontcourt, specifically compared to Lee/Biedrins. Curry and Thompson is a more traditional backcourt and Curry can have more room to run the show like a true PG. I know giving up on your season sucks but your team wasn't going anywhere and the roster fits together really well after that deal. It's not Lacob's fault what that Cohan dude did. He is a new owner, should have a clean slate.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'm kind of surprised these dudes booed Lacob. Atleast he is trying to win you guys something in the future. It could be worse. Look at the Kings-we have an owner who tried to move the team, got blocked by the NBA, then comes back and tries to play it off like it's nothing, all the while they hire crappy coaches and let unused cap space sit around. Atleast Lacob is willing to spend his money to build you guys a winner. That Monta trade was great btw, guards like Monta rarely win anything in the NBA and now you can most likely keep your pick which will be 1 of MKG or Harrison Barnes. Bogut/Lee should be a good frontcourt, specifically compared to Lee/Biedrins. Curry and Thompson is a more traditional backcourt and Curry can have more room to run the show like a true PG. I know giving up on your season sucks but your team wasn't going anywhere and the roster fits together really well after that deal. It's not Lacob's fault what that Cohan dude did. He is a new owner, should have a clean slate.

The dude had a chance at clean slate - by amnestying Beidrins ass, but kept him. He doesn't deserve clean slate after that botch. I don't trust any decision this ownership group makes. f**k this group, I would have booed them too.

Let's not twist the facts also - no one booed Mullin. They cheered for him every time he spoke. They booed the incompetent new owner - who deserved it. I hope he is embarrassed.
he's trying to win but all he has done up until this point is make wrong decisions.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Originally posted by crzy:

Welcome Raymond.

Sorry, I don't know who Raymond Ridder is. Do tell. And also let me know how this is relevant to my distaste for the shallow, shortsighted, alzheimer laden fans that booed during Mully's retirement party.

He is the Warriors Public Relations Director.

Who has a history of going onto team messageboards and posting pro-Warriors management postings.

I understand the fans frustration, and their right to voice it. Although, IMO they took it too far last night. Lacob just got there. I know he traded Monta, but even with Monta you guys weren't making the playoffs. Not his fault you guys have sucked for a long time. Dude deserves a few years to turn it around. Who cares if he promised the playoffs this year. A lot of owners, coaches, etc do.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The entire NBA is laughing their asses off at the Warriors.

The fans have our pity.

The Monta trade was dumb. I can understand moving him....but not for what they got back. Bogut is what I call a "non-impact big". Why not keep Captain Jack?

The owner got what he deserved.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
What hilarious is that this guy bought the team eventhough Ellison had a better offer.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kray28:
What hilarious is that this guy bought the team eventhough Ellison had a better offer.

That's because the NBA is black balling Ellison
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
I understand the fans frustration, and their right to voice it. Although, IMO they took it too far last night. Lacob just got there. I know he traded Monta, but even with Monta you guys weren't making the playoffs. Not his fault you guys have sucked for a long time. Dude deserves a few years to turn it around. Who cares if he promised the playoffs this year. A lot of owners, coaches, etc do.

It's not just the trade. It's what he has done since taking over. First, signing Lee to a massive contract. Even the NY FO knew it was a bad idea. Then, not hiring the right people in the front office - which led to draft picks like Udoh and Klay. Then they got a golden chance of gettin' rid of Beidrins contract - and they failed at that too (I don't know how they managed to do that)...and now they trade Monta (which was fine by me) for an injury prone Center.

So, fans are booing because nothing has changed. Future still looks gloomy. We are not going anywhere for the 2-3 years. These idiots could have had all the cap room, with Curry as the starting PG heading into this FA.

This is why he got booed. He had a great great chance to fix this team this off-season. He blew it.
Share 49ersWebzone