There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 AL WEST CHAMPS Oakland A's Regular Season Thread

I am curious as to what would happen to the A's in a few years. According to a radio personality on knbr the other day, she said that under the new cba, the revenue sharing will stop for major market team and will only take effect to small market teams. in other words, chicago, los angeles, and new york won't get part of the revenue sharing, but pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Milwaukee will. Since the bay area is considered a major market, neither the Giants nor A's will get this revenue sharing even though oakland is considered a small market town. So that cheap ownership is screwed. Maybe that's why they're desperate to move to SJ to make up the lack of funds they're not going to receive from the revenue sharing.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Jarrod Parkers making his first start in an A's uniform and the games not on TV.
A's win in 14?!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
A's win in 14?!

down 4-2, Cespedes ties it with a 2 run bomb then Kila with the game winning RBI single
was also Parkers' A's debut

...and the game wasn't on TV.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
A's win in 14?!

down 4-2, Cespedes ties it with a 2 run bomb then Kila with the game winning RBI single

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
A's win in 14?!

right?
I really didn't expect this team to hover over .500 AT ALL this season. I'm pleasantly surprised by the pitching and timely hitting of late. Jemile is beginning to come around (I was starting to get worried). I doubt that he'll hit over .300 this season, but anything over .260-.270 would be a miracle for him, based upon his sloooow start.

What's the deal with Coco and these illnesses? Strange.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jigga:
I really didn't expect this team to hover over .500 AT ALL this season. I'm pleasantly surprised by the pitching and timely hitting of late. Jemile is beginning to come around (I was starting to get worried). I doubt that he'll hit over .300 this season, but anything over .260-.270 would be a miracle for him, based upon his sloooow start.

Ya I thought we would've been a 70something win team at best

I really like the job Melvin has done so far this season

I hope we trade Crisp, I want Taylor to get consistent time all season in LF. I don't want another season of him in triple A
Originally posted by Jigga:

Ya I thought we would've been a 70something win team at best

I really like the job Melvin has done so far this season

I hope we trade Crisp, I want Taylor to get consistent time all season in LF. I don't want another season of him in triple A

Don't look now, but our guy Chris Carter is actually hitting more for average than power up in Sac this season. Above .300 for the season...a handful of HR...and handful of K's of course, but he seems a lot more selective at the plate than before.

I wouldn't get too excited right now, because he's still needs a bit more polish. But it's a step in the right direction.
lol, i forgot about this thread.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

understandable, no one really cares about the a's, even their fans
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drunk49er:

understandable, no one really cares about the a's, even their fans

true
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
lol couldn't tell from the 10 people in the stands

Nice to see Inge playing full time again.

LMFAO at sportscenter
Inge has more grand slams this week than Pujols has homeruns all year
do u guys feel sorry for pujols? I don't
do u guys feel sorry for pujols? I don't

Nope. There are 250 million reasons why I don't feel sorry for him.

The thing is...dude is talented enough to go 20 for his next 35, and hit 6-7 HRs in the process. He'd get right back on track, and it wouldn't surprise any of us.