LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

How many of you don't root for a particular city?

I know alot of fans in sports follow one city but how many of you root for multiple cities. I probably have the weirdest regiment out there.

NFL-San Francisco 49ers (obviously)
NBA-Chicago Bulls
NHL-Pittsburgh Penguins
College-Georgia Tech Yellow jackets
MBA-New York Yankees

Don't ask me how all this happened, because I honestly don't know. It probably had something to do with the mascot or something as a small child. I remember how I feel in love with the 49ers as a five year old and thats all I can recall and I know I have been following these other teams since around the same age. Either way I have been rooting for all these teams for nearly 24 years so I was just wondering if any of you follow this same strange regiment for the teams you root for?
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM ]
I know valrod has a f**ked up set of favorite teams but has reasons for all

I'm a bay area fan [SF/GS W's]
I'm all NorCal, 9ers/Giants/Sac Kings(they are closer to me than the Warriors).
SF 49ers - Jerry Rice(hence the username)/local market
Sac Kings - Fell in love with J-Will, C-Webb and the gang
Chi Bulls kinda still, sentimentally - started watching in the Jordan era, my first NBA team... the media pretty much stopped covering them after they disassembled since they sucked so it was hard to keep up with them after that, every little glimpse i got was hard to stomach. Meanwhile I got every Kings game and it was fun as hell to watch.
SF Giants - Barry Bonds/local market
UNC Tar Heels BB - started watching college bball when Vince Carter/Antawn Jamison were tearing it up... also found out it was MJ's alma mater
FSU Seminoles FB - started watching when Peter Warrick and Chris Weinke were tearing it up, been a fan since
Real Madrid - became a fan of Ronaldo during the 90s world cups, started watching him domestically when after he transferred to Real Madrid, stuck with the team since
San Jose Sharks i guess are my default NHL team though I don't really follow at all, I'm glad they're winning cuz I got friends and family there and I go there often and it'd be nice to see them win one for that city... I was a huge Avalanche fan in the 90's when I was a kid and would watch any sport on TV but I just stopped caring about hockey
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I know alot of fans in sports follow one city but how many of you root for multiple cities. I probably have the weirdest regiment out there.

NFL-San Francisco 49ers (obviously)
NBA-Chicago Bulls
NHL-Pittsburgh Penguins
College-Georgia Tech Yellow jackets
MBA-New York Yankees

Don't ask me how all this happened, because I honestly don't know. It probably had something to do with the mascot or something as a small child. I remember how I feel in love with the 49ers as a five year old and thats all I can recall and I know I have been following these other teams since around the same age. Either way I have been rooting for all these teams for nearly 24 years so I was just wondering if any of you follow this same strange regiment for the teams you root for?

i can tell you how that happened, you were a giant bandwagoner in the 90's. only 11 or so championships by those four teams
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
All bay area for me. Niners warriors A's
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
i can tell you how that happened, you were a giant bandwagoner in the 90's. only 11 or so championships by those four teams

I was a fan in the eighties, before most of those teams hit their stride. Plus I consider a bandwagoner somebody that jumps on the hottest team year to year. I have never jumped from any of them. Most of my teams excluding the Yankees have had their droughts and I never budged an inch. I was still waiving my flags proudly.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:

This

Giants > A's
Niners, Kings and Giants in that order. From the Bay and have been living in Sac for about 15 years. Gotta stay local

I also hate every So Cal team except for the Clips and Chargers. I'm indifferent for those teams. I don't like So Cal sports at all. I know there are quite a bit of So Cal niner fans on here... you guys are cool in my book
49ers/Giants/Sharks/Warriors

I can NEVER root for a SoCal team, though I do feel sorry for SD (also known as the unwanted stepchild of California Sports...All you SD ppl can complain when any of your teams win a championship ). Overall, this is my list of "Cities whose teams I can't root for":

1. LA (Enough said...)
2. Dallas (Although football should be enough of an explanation, the Stars and Mavs seem to have rivalries with us as well)
3. Philly (Solely b/c of the Eagles, I actually loved the 76ers when they had AI, and I've wanted the warriors to snag Iggy for a while, but I only root against Philly b/c of their obnoxious fans!!!)
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I'm all local except for one weird one. The Denver Broncos. They are my #2 team but only because my uncle was drafted by them in the early 80's. So when I was growing up he'd give me shirts and jackets etc from them.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I know valrod has a f**ked up set of favorite teams but has reasons for all

I'm a bay area fan [SF/GS W's]

This.

49ers
T-Wolves
Braves

CHAMPIONSHIP
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers: