There are 195 users in the forums

How many of you don't root for a particular city?

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
I'm all local except for one weird one. The Denver Broncos. They are my #2 team but only because my uncle was drafted by them in the early 80's. So when I was growing up he'd give me shirts and jackets etc from them.

No way dude what was his name?
that's awesome
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by YungAce:
I know valrod has a f**ked up set of favorite teams but has reasons for all

I'm a bay area fan [SF/GS W's]

This.

49ers
T-Wolves
Braves

CHAMPIONSHIP
49ers
Wolverines
Tigers

The nba is fake and ghey
I am a pure hometown(with some flexibility), followed by California always allegiance.

To me a person should be allowed 2 hometown favorites(How many people only live in one city there whole life). Born and raised in Norcal, been in Socal for nearly 10 years and will most likely live out the rest of my life here. Even before I moved down to Socal, I was never into any of the Bay Area or So Cal rivalries.

NFL
1. 49ers
2. Chargers
Will root for the rest of the California teams as long is it does not conflict, especially if they are playing against an eastern team

NBA
1a. Lakers
1b. Warriors
Will root for the rest of the California teams as long is it does not conflict, especially if they are playing against an eastern team

MLB
1. Giants

Disclaimer(If I had some awesome career opportunity that made me move to the East, I would keep this allegiance, even if I lived there the rest of my days)
[ Edited by danimal on Feb 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The only sports teams I really care about are the Niners and the Longhorns.
I'll check out an Astros or Rockets game but I'm not that passionate.
I had a soft spot for the Tucson Sidewinders because I got to know a few players. But they moved to Reno.
One thing is that I've lived all over the country and I've always enjoyed publicly rooting against whoever the local team is just to piss off the locals. I don't really care, but I'll pretend to. Being a Texan in Arizona in the mid aughts was the best.
I picked up teams along the way of moving around as a kid.

was born in SJ, so ive been a Niners/Giants/Sharks fan all my life.

lived for 3 years in Salt Lake City as a kid, got into basketball at the time, so I became a Jazz fan, and since im loyal thats who i stick with.

then moved to KC for 6 years and picked up the Jayhawks as my college team.

as far as being fans of teams you never lived in the market of, its weird to me. jrg is from STL, but hes a Niners and Magic fan. dont really get that.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
I'm all local except for one weird one. The Denver Broncos. They are my #2 team but only because my uncle was drafted by them in the early 80's. So when I was growing up he'd give me shirts and jackets etc from them.

No way dude what was his name?
that's awesome
John Elway.

lol Nah, he wasn't anything special in the NFL and spent 3 seasons on their practice squad. He did get his picture in SI though when he was in college. Pretty cool.
Nfl 49ers

NHL Rangers

MLB redbirds
9ers
Giants
Kings
Sharks
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
John Elway.

lol Nah, he wasn't anything special in the NFL and spent 3 seasons on their practice squad. He did get his picture in SI though when he was in college. Pretty cool.

Nice that's still pretty cool
NY Giants
1a. Miami heat
1b. OKC
Angels

49ers
Lakers
Giants
Originally posted by marshniners24:
NY Giants
1a. Miami heat
1b. OKC
Angels

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
NY Giants
1a. Miami heat
1b. OKC
Angels

Still running with that joke, even when it doesn't apply? Cmon marshy.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Still running with that joke, even when it doesn't apply? Cmon marshy.

Your joke meters broke mayne
Share 49ersWebzone