There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

THE OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN JETPACK ROCKETEER THREAD

LMAO@ Chink in the armor. Way to go, ESPN.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
LMAO@ Chink in the armor. Way to go, ESPN.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Whoops!

dumbass espn
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Whoops!

how the f**k did they let that happen?????
East Coast bias and racist. WTG ESPN, you dumb f**ks!
They talk about this guy as much as they talk about Tebow. It's really getting out of hand. The media finds 1 story they like to latch on to and they just repeat it over and over and over until they are blue in the face. And the fans are.........
^This is worse than Tebow media... I don't remember hearing about Tebow during NBA or NHL segments. Seriously, how could you point out who the next Jeremy Lin is of a completely different sport? And they're not even fair comparisons. They'll bring up already established veteran players who might be poised for a breakout campaign. Wtf
Peyton manning the next jeremy lin?
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Peyton manning the next jeremy lin?

LMAO more so well known first year/second year players. Nobody saw Linsanity coming
ESPN is unwatchable. They just find a story that's halfway interesting, and beat you over the head with it nonstop. Every 10 mins they update you on something about Jeremy Lin. The way they post his line score every night like its a breaking story is ridiculous.

Everyone got mad at Floyd Mayweather for what he said, but while he put it poorly, he wasn't 100% wrong. If he was black, it would be "wow, the knicks are getting great PG play for the first time in a while. I wonder how long this will last?" and that'd be it.
Originally posted by Niners99:
ESPN is unwatchable. They just find a story that's halfway interesting, and beat you over the head with it nonstop. Every 10 mins they update you on something about Jeremy Lin. The way they post his line score every night like its a breaking story is ridiculous.

Everyone got mad at Floyd Mayweather for what he said, but while he put it poorly, he wasn't 100% wrong. If he was black, it would be "wow, the knicks are getting great PG play for the first time in a while. I wonder how long this will last?" and that'd be it.

All they talk about is.....

~ Child molestors.
~ Child molestors.
~ Tim Tebow.
~ Jeremy Lin.

I mean what the hell happned to ESPN?..... I think I'm going to start shifting over to the NBC Sports talk. I need an alternative.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

All they talk about is.....

~ Child molestors.
~ Child molestors.
~ Tim Tebow.
~ Jeremy Lin.

I mean what the hell happned to ESPN?..... I think I'm going to start shifting over to the NBC Sports talk. I need an alternative.

dont forget the Brett Favre un-retiring era. also, Peyton Manning is one theyve been using of late.

Somewhere in some ESPN board room, they have these ratings numbers that say viewership goes up whenever Brett Favre, Tim Tebow, or Jeremy Lin is talked about, so they make it this retarded point to mention the subject every 10-15 mins, and then force every ESPN employee who writes or has a show, to mention that current topic in everything they do. Ive heard a bunch of different radio show, tv show, columnist, and podcasters talk about being "contractually obligated" to talk about Tim Tebow or whatever. its such a joke.

I just hate when companies like ESPN get so big, the corporate side takes over completely, and theres always this bottom line they have to meet regardless of whether people dont like it. I used to love ESPN back in the 90's when it was just the classic SportsCenter guys reviewing games and cracking jokes. now all they do is blatantly hire female anchors that read a teleprompter about "Linsanity". the practice of hiring white males has been obviously cut off for some reason.

What sucks is there isnt much of an alternative. they kind of run a monopoly on the universal sports coverage market. "Prime Time" right after the afternoon games ended was one of my favorite things growing up, and now its been condensed into a segment instead of its own show, and they make them cut each game short to save time. I hate the long TD replays where they speed up the footage of the run just to cut time.

Man, I could rant on ESPN for days...
dont forget the Brett Favre un-retiring era. also, Peyton Manning is one theyve been using of late.

Somewhere in some ESPN board room, they have these ratings numbers that say viewership goes up whenever Brett Favre, Tim Tebow, or Jeremy Lin is talked about, so they make it this retarded point to mention the subject every 10-15 mins, and then force every ESPN employee who writes or has a show, to mention that current topic in everything they do. Ive heard a bunch of different radio show, tv show, columnist, and podcasters talk about being "contractually obligated" to talk about Tim Tebow or whatever. its such a joke.

I just hate when companies like ESPN get so big, the corporate side takes over completely, and theres always this bottom line they have to meet regardless of whether people dont like it. I used to love ESPN back in the 90's when it was just the classic SportsCenter guys reviewing games and cracking jokes. now all they do is blatantly hire female anchors that read a teleprompter about "Linsanity". the practice of hiring white males has been obviously cut off for some reason.

What sucks is there isnt much of an alternative. they kind of run a monopoly on the universal sports coverage market. "Prime Time" right after the afternoon games ended was one of my favorite things growing up, and now its been condensed into a segment instead of its own show, and they make them cut each game short to save time. I hate the long TD replays where they speed up the footage of the run just to cut time.

Man, I could rant on ESPN for days...
I would always watch Prime Time, great show until ESPN f**ked it up
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd he's fired.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Jeremy Rin can't go left