There are 218 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2011-12 Oakland Athletics Offseason Thread

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I just love how the A's and Giants originally shared the South Bay, the A's gave the Giants full claim of the South Bay territory when the Giants were looking to build a stadium there, and now they have the nerve to hold it over the A's heads for a huge bounty. f**k the Giants! This is why even if the A's were to be contracted (which wont happen) I would never EVER be a Giants fan.

LOL. I'm pretty sure the Giants wont be too upset that they wont have you as a fan. Have fun rooting for a last place team though for the next decade. They will always be the stepchild in the Bay Area and should move anyway.

Why do you take this post personally? I'm not going to get into it with you. If the 49ers still sucked I would feel bad, at least I have the 49ers to fall back on while the A's are sucking. I'll celebrate the few minor successes and wait for the day when we'll be good again. Sports are cyclical, the A's will be good again in time. Unless you're the Clippers, Warriors, Cubs, Pirates, Browns, or Cardinals.

Watching the A's deliberately and systematically dismantle their roster over and over again is sickening. To say that sports is cyclical is true, but the A's under their current ownership will never be good. The idea that this group will do the legwork to get a new ballpark built is a fantasy as well...its all a bunch of lies. There is no defense for this pathetic excuse of an organization that is now the poster child for contraction in MLB. How sad to be a A's fan...sadder still to defend the sorry bunch that runs them now.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by dcsham:
Watching the A's deliberately and systematically dismantle their roster over and over again is sickening. To say that sports is cyclical is true, but the A's under their current ownership will never be good. The idea that this group will do the legwork to get a new ballpark built is a fantasy as well...its all a bunch of lies. There is no defense for this pathetic excuse of an organization that is now the poster child for contraction in MLB. How sad to be a A's fan...sadder still to defend the sorry bunch that runs them now.

No ones defending our crappy ownership
I'm not watching an A's game until they start to try to win games.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I just love how the A's and Giants originally shared the South Bay, the A's gave the Giants full claim of the South Bay territory when the Giants were looking to build a stadium there, and now they have the nerve to hold it over the A's heads for a huge bounty. f**k the Giants! This is why even if the A's were to be contracted (which wont happen) I would never EVER be a Giants fan.

LOL. I'm pretty sure the Giants wont be too upset that they wont have you as a fan. Have fun rooting for a last place team though for the next decade. They will always be the stepchild in the Bay Area and should move anyway.

Why do you take this post personally? I'm not going to get into it with you. If the 49ers still sucked I would feel bad, at least I have the 49ers to fall back on while the A's are sucking. I'll celebrate the few minor successes and wait for the day when we'll be good again. Sports are cyclical, the A's will be good again in time. Unless you're the Clippers, Warriors, Cubs, Pirates, Browns, or Cardinals.

Maybe it was the FK the Giants that I didnt like! I think it will be a LONG time before the A's are good again though.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Maybe it was the FK the Giants that I didnt like! I think it will be a LONG time before the A's are good again though.

We'll be the worst team in the MLB this year, bottom 5 next year and slowly get better as our prospects grow up, IMO
It just keeps getting better and better...

http://www.mercurynews.com/athletics/ci_19785166
Originally posted by dcsham:
It just keeps getting better and better...

http://www.mercurynews.com/athletics/ci_19785166

ghey
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Maybe it was the FK the Giants that I didnt like! I think it will be a LONG time before the A's are good again though.

yeah they will be terrible this year. but i think you're way off base when you say it'll be a LONG time before theyre good. they farm system is one of the best in baseball and will only get better with top picks in the next 2-3 drafts.

i suppose it depends on your definition of long, but in 3-4 years they could be very good depending on their moves between now and then.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
WE ARE GOING TO BE SO SICK IN 2035
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
A lot of A's fans wont like this but we extended Billy Beane's contract through 2019

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/2/7/2783030/billy-beane-contract-extension-2019-athletics

...
Also this is old but did you guys hear Lew Wolff say this on 95.7? I was listening to it when he said it, HUGE face plam
"We don't want a winning team if we have to lose millions and millions of dollars a year." - Lew Wolff


No reason to be an A's fan as long as Lew Wolf is the owner. Sell the god damn team Lew
Originally posted by ImaMod:
A lot of A's fans wont like this but we extended Billy Beane's contract through 2019

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/2/7/2783030/billy-beane-contract-extension-2019-athletics

...
Also this is old but did you guys hear Lew Wolff say this on 95.7? I was listening to it when he said it, HUGE face plam
"We don't want a winning team if we have to lose millions and millions of dollars a year." - Lew Wolff


No reason to be an A's fan as long as Lew Wolf is the owner. Sell the god damn team Lew

Isn't Billy Beane part owner?

While Lew Wolff is right in that there's no point to assemble a winning team if the team loses money, he's banking the whole San Jose/get a free ball park over there BS. I believe that if he cannot get that new ballpark, he will sell just like the maloofs in basketball. Both are terrible owners. Honestly, i feel bad for the team and it's fans. They have good fans UNLIKE those stinky and stupid raider fans.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Isn't Billy Beane part owner?

While Lew Wolff is right in that there's no point to assemble a winning team if the team loses money, he's banking the whole San Jose/get a free ball park over there BS. I believe that if he cannot get that new ballpark, he will sell just like the maloofs in basketball. Both are terrible owners. Honestly, i feel bad for the team and it's fans. They have good fans UNLIKE those stinky and stupid raider fans.

Yes he is. He'll be GM as long as he wants then his assistant GM will take over

He basically said he cares more about his money than he does about winning. And yes,he is the worst owner in the MLB. No reason to watch A's baseball for the next 2 years minimum, except maybe for this guy




It kinda sucks not being able to buy a jersey of a good A's player because you know he wont be on the team in a year or 2
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
A lot of A's fans wont like this but we extended Billy Beane's contract through 2019

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/2/7/2783030/billy-beane-contract-extension-2019-athletics

...
Also this is old but did you guys hear Lew Wolff say this on 95.7? I was listening to it when he said it, HUGE face plam
"We don't want a winning team if we have to lose millions and millions of dollars a year." - Lew Wolff


No reason to be an A's fan as long as Lew Wolf is the owner. Sell the god damn team Lew

Isn't Billy Beane part owner?

While Lew Wolff is right in that there's no point to assemble a winning team if the team loses money, he's banking the whole San Jose/get a free ball park over there BS. I believe that if he cannot get that new ballpark, he will sell just like the maloofs in basketball. Both are terrible owners. Honestly, i feel bad for the team and it's fans. They have good fans UNLIKE those stinky and stupid raider fans.


+1. Makes me greatful the Giants ownership group isn't like that. Obviously they bring in a lot more money because of the ballpark and the recent championship but I have a feeling if the A's won more games they'd make a lot more money than they do right now. To admit you don't even try to win=
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
+1. Makes me greatful the Giants ownership group isn't like that. Obviously they bring in a lot more money because of the ballpark and the recent championship but I have a feeling if the A's won more games they'd make a lot more money than they do right now. To admit you don't even try to win=

Seriously. Such a terrible owner man its so annoying
and i agree with pretty much everything you said
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
+1. Makes me greatful the Giants ownership group isn't like that. Obviously they bring in a lot more money because of the ballpark and the recent championship but I have a feeling if the A's won more games they'd make a lot more money than they do right now. To admit you don't even try to win=

that's the f**ked up part. When you PUBLICLY admit that you are not trying to win is absolutely stupid. I really don't wish death on people but I would not mind if someone killed the A's owners and Billy Beane. I seriously would rejoice, and I'M A GIANTS FAN.
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Feb 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
that's the f**ked up part. When you PUBLICLY admit that you even try to win is absolutely stupid. I really don't wish death on people but I would not mind if someone killed the A's owners and Billy Beane. I seriously would rejoice, and I'M A GIANTS FAN.

I honestly think Billy Beane would be great if he had a decent owner that would let him spend money. I mean what are you supposed to do when your owner does't let you spend any money.

We'd actually use money to keep our good players more often instead of trading them for prospects

I bet Swisher, Dan Haren, Josh Willingham, etc not stars but solid players would still be A's. and this might even go all the way back to the Tim Hudson and Barry Zito () days. And maybe, MAYBE Matt Holliday if we were good - Its a chain reaction
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM ]