There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-2012 Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yeah just read the article on sacbee.com. I think that will be the starting 1/2/3 to start the season but I think (hope) either Greene or Garcia can take over the starting 3 spot eventually.
I really like the potential of Hickson and Cousins together.

that's a good offensive line up, but defense?
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/outlaw_press_release_2011_12_17.html

I like this. Hes a pretty good player.
This is a very good signing but how does his salary work?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

We pay him whatever we bid on him(probably very small). Nets pay the rest.
Good signing just for the jersey sales.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

eh I dont really like it. I dont think we really need a SF who can't shoot or handle. He's mainly a defensive 3/4 hybrid. I guess this is insurance for Chuck Hayes health situation?
the kings always need defense.
We pick up Outlaw's remaining four years. Our bid was $3 mill so it's a 4-year, $12 mill deal.

Clearly a big if, but if he gets back to the guy he was in Portland, I think it's a solid pickup. Four years is a little much, but it's the type of deal that can be easily moved in a trade. Outlaw is a pure SF. Typically a solid midrange shooter although he flopped big time as a starter in NJN. Seems like he would force Donte Greene out of the rotation, if he was gonna be a part of it anyway.

Can't read too much into that game tonight, but really liked what I saw from Jimmer. He's a baller. Defense was actually surprisingly good in spots -- contested shots, stayed with the Warriors guards. Offensively, I think he's gonna be fine.

Tyreke - Jimmer
Thornton - Garcia
Salmons - Outlaw
Cousins - Hickson
Hayes - JT
w/ Isaiah, DG, Honeycutt, Whiteside

Pretty deep. Should help us a lot with this short season.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
We pick up Outlaw's remaining four years. Our bid was $3 mill so it's a 4-year, $12 mill deal.

Clearly a big if, but if he gets back to the guy he was in Portland, I think it's a solid pickup. Four years is a little much, but it's the type of deal that can be easily moved in a trade. Outlaw is a pure SF. Typically a solid midrange shooter although he flopped big time as a starter in NJN. Seems like he would force Donte Greene out of the rotation, if he was gonna be a part of it anyway.

Can't read too much into that game tonight, but really liked what I saw from Jimmer. He's a baller. Defense was actually surprisingly good in spots -- contested shots, stayed with the Warriors guards. Offensively, I think he's gonna be fine.

Tyreke - Jimmer
Thornton - Garcia
Salmons - Outlaw
Cousins - Hickson
Hayes - JT
w/ Isaiah, DG, Honeycutt, Whiteside

Pretty deep. Should help us a lot with this short season.

I actually thought Donte played really well tonight. I was most impressed by him, Jimmer, Isaiah T, and Thornton. Hickson and JT make me miss Dalembert.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I actually thought Donte played really well tonight. I was most impressed by him, Jimmer, Isaiah T, and Thornton. Hickson and JT make me miss Dalembert.

Yeah, if Hayes' heart problem turns serious, I think we'd take a look at bringing Sammy back for a year. Like I said, not gonna kill guys for the first preseason game, but JT and JJ didn't do enough defensively/on the boards. We know JT is a much better rebounder than he showed tonight.

Also liked Isaiah and thought Donte had a strong game offensively.
Jimmer will be the mormon tebow.
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Dec 18, 2011 at 11:12 AM ]
JIMMER is a ball player
Originally posted by marshniners24:
JIMMER is a ball player

Hell yeah man! I like where he dribbled down and pulled right up and hit the three.
Originally posted by Muggins879:

Thanks for posting. Love Jimmer's confidence. If we can't make this team exciting through free agency, lets do it through the draft.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home