LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

^^ he would really have to or else the bay area would self destruct
[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 6, 2011 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I heard he's only asking for 12 but might get 15. I heard nothing about 20.

"According to sources, Nene, Chandler and Gasol all set their early asking prices in the neighborhood of maximum-contract territory, starting at $14.8 million for Gasol, $17.7 annually for Nene, and $20.7 million for Chandler."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/02/free-agency/index.html#ixzz1fp4LSo4R
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I heard he's only asking for 12 but might get 15. I heard nothing about 20.

"According to sources, Nene, Chandler and Gasol all set their early asking prices in the neighborhood of maximum-contract territory, starting at $14.8 million for Gasol, $17.7 annually for Nene, and $20.7 million for Chandler."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/02/free-agency/index.html#ixzz1fp4LSo4R

It's over the place right now. I've heard numerous people say 12-15 will get it done. Especially if Paul comes.
Honestly, I think 12-15 is absolutely ABSURD for a player of his skill set. I want no part of that.

This team is going no where the way it is currently constructed. Yeah, we might be able to sneak into the playoffs as the 8 seed. But the ceiling for this team is no where close to a championship. Amnesty Lee. Trade Biedrins (dont care what we get back). Trade Monta (kills me to say that). Start from scratch around Curry. Try to build a culture of winning.

Lacob said change is coming. Change hasnt happened yet. Change is no where on the horizon. Signing Chandler is not change. Blow this thing up. Let Jerry work his magic.

Warriors in 2016!!!
Honestly, I think 12-15 is absolutely ABSURD for a player of his skill set. I want no part of that.

This team is going no where the way it is currently constructed. Yeah, we might be able to sneak into the playoffs as the 8 seed. But the ceiling for this team is no where close to a championship. Amnesty Lee. Trade Biedrins (dont care what we get back). Trade Monta (kills me to say that). Start from scratch around Curry. Try to build a culture of winning.

Lacob said change is coming. Change hasnt happened yet. Change is no where on the horizon. Signing Chandler is not change. Blow this thing up. Let Jerry work his magic.

Warriors in 2016!!!

So you think this team goes nowhere with Chandler and Paul?
Think he gets traded?

Warriors in 2016!!!

So you think this team goes nowhere with Chandler and Paul?

chandler alone helps us get to the 8th seed
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Please no Chandler - unless we are doing it to get CP3
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

that's my only reasoning for signing chandler. if not, amnesty lee, trade biedrens & monta, and build around curry like 80's said above. not having a pick in this years draft (we're not going to end up in the bottom 6) is really going to hurt us..
[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

that's my only reasoning for signing chandler. if not, amnesty lee, trade biedrens & monta, and build around curry like 80's said above. not having a pick in this years draft (we're not going to end up in the bottom 6) is really going to hurt us..

I don't like the idea of amnesty-ing Lee. He'd be a great fit at PF on a team with a great defensive Center - I'm sure there are teams that value him pretty high.

The warriors need to amnesty either lee or beans IMO. If you were going to get rid of lee's contract, getting rid of Beans would have to include a trade with Ellis in exchange for salary dump and maybe a draft pick. It would be sick if the Warriors get CP3 and Chandler but I doubt that's going to happen.

How about this trade: (keep in mind, I am not a GM)

GS trades: Ellis and Beans
Den trades: Andre Miller, Chris Anderson, and Aaron Affalo (with a new contract since he's a restricted free agent)

Denver will try to replace Nene with Beans with his size; however, the only way that someone takes bean's contract, then it would have to include Ellis. Ellis will try to replace that "star factor" since Carmelo left.

GS gets a defensive big men off the bench with Anderson, (4+ mil for the next 3 years is reasonable) a back up point guard in Andre Miller who has an expiring contract, and a defensive guard in Affalo who can shoot lights out. Depending who give up for CP3, the line up could look like this:

Udoh
Lee (if not amnestied)
Wright
Afflalo
Curry

They will put themselves in a good position to get an impact FA next year where Howard will lead the free agent charge. Now, this could drastically change if CP3 miraculously got traded to the Warriors, but with my calculations, they could afford a Howard like contract whether we amnesty Lee or not.

Meh, I tried.
Paul, Monta, Wright, Lee and Chandler? Yes please!
LOL. Chandler and CP3 is infinitely better than the hot garbage the Warriors have put on the floor since We Believe.

You have the chance to grab one of the best PG's in the game and you're worried about letting go of young talent? The last "young talent" the Warriors let go regrettably was C-Webb. You pick up your balls and swing for the f*in fences with CP3. I'd rather have that than stockpile mediocre tail-end lottery picks while continually missing the playoffs.

Afflalo and Chandler isn't a bad consolation prize however.

And 80's, that skillset you want no part of? Defense and rebounding? Just so happens to be the biggest thing the Warriors lack. Almost as ridiculous as Larry Riley saying we needed some defense and rebounding which is why we passed on Gerald Wallace when he potentially could've been had at the deadline last year.

You mention we're no closer to a championship given how this roster is currently constructed, yet advocate blowing the whole thing up.
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:10 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Paul, Monta, Wright, Lee and Chandler? Yes please!

ONLY if Paul signs an extension, which won't happen. So these rumors are nonsense
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

And 80's, that skillset you want no part of? Defense and rebounding? Just so happens to be the biggest thing the Warriors lack. Almost as ridiculous as Larry Riley saying we needed some defense and rebounding which is why we passed on Gerald Wallace when he potentially could've been had at the deadline last year.

You mention we're no closer to a championship given how this roster is currently constructed, yet advocate blowing the whole thing up.

I really should rephrase a little. I was blasted earlier. I think we should do this trade for Paul. Why the hell not? If he bounces after the season....it sucks, but at least we gave it a run. We are stuck in this cycle that I dont see us ever breaking out of the way our team is now. At least Chris Paul would give the team some excitement for a season. And if he bolts, then we are back to square one. Which I dont mind.

I want us to amnesty Lee. His contract is horrible, and if we do the Paul trade, that might be a way to lure some other players in here with the money we are saving with Lee. Hopefully Paul could make Biedrins look moderately decent and we can spin him somewhere. Then theres cap space to go after a real big free agent later...say Dwight Howard?

I know this is a pipe dream......but so is winning a championship with the pieces we have now. So why not give it a shot?
Share 49ersWebzone