There are 168 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Wow, Austin Rivers has been horrible in the Summer League

i don't seen him as a PG

agreed, should just let him be a 6th man off the bench for now, NOLA is forcing something there and it may not be the best thing for neither him nor the franchise

Maybe it's just me, but 2 games in a summer league for a player 1 year removed from high school is a little too early to draw conclusions.

Never said that he was going to have a horrible career, but in two games, he has shot 3-13 (1-8 from 3 point range) and 1-6. That's pretty bad for someone that was known for shooting.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Saw this on goldenstateofmind

Assuming we resign Rush and sign a backup PF someone of these guys arent going to make the team

1.Curry
2. Thompson
3. Lee
4. Barnes
5. Bogut
6. Beidrins
7. Jefferson
8. Jack
9. Ezeli
10. Rush
11. Green
12. Tyler
13. Jenkins
14. Backup PF (that we'll probably sign)

13 players make the team..Who doesnt make the team?
Tyler? We all want it to be Beidrins but his contract is too big to get him out of here
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Wow, Austin Rivers has been horrible in the Summer League

i don't seen him as a PG

agreed, should just let him be a 6th man off the bench for now, NOLA is forcing something there and it may not be the best thing for neither him nor the franchise

Maybe it's just me, but 2 games in a summer league for a player 1 year removed from high school is a little too early to draw conclusions.

Never said that he was going to have a horrible career, but in two games, he has shot 3-13 (1-8 from 3 point range) and 1-6. That's pretty bad for someone that was known for shooting.

Definitely off to a horrible summer league start, but it's early.
Definitely off to a horrible summer league start, but it's early.

you're right. it is early. i do hope he picks it up. definitely a talented player with good genes, but he never really impressed me in college.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Saw this on goldenstateofmind

Assuming we resign Rush and sign a backup PF someone of these guys arent going to make the team

1.Curry
2. Thompson
3. Lee
4. Barnes
5. Bogut
6. Beidrins
7. Jefferson
8. Jack
9. Ezeli
10. Rush
11. Green
12. Tyler
13. Jenkins
14. Backup PF (that we'll probably sign)

13 players make the team..Who doesnt make the team?
Tyler? We all want it to be Beidrins but his contract is too big to get him out of here

They might just keep the squad the way it is. If they do sign someone, I can see Tyler possibly going to the D-League again, but another team may show interest. He's just not picking up the slack in Summer League.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Klaydoe impressing in team USA practice

LeBron:
"I like Klay. I think he's got one of the brightest young futures in our game," James said. "With his ability, the way he can shoot the ball and make plays, and with his size, Golden State's really got something in him."

Raising eyebrows doe
Thompson said he still feels the sting of not being invited to the Rookie-Sophomore game during All-Star Weekend in February, an honor usually bestowed upon the league's best young players. But if the way he ended last season (starting the last 29 games, averaging 21.2 points during that stretch and being named to the All-Rookie team) wasn't enough validation, Thompson got more in Las Vegas.
He walked into camp as one of the lesser-known on the Select Team, a collection of young NBA players who practiced against the national team headed to the London Olympics. Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving and 2012 No. 1 pick Anthony Davis got most of the attention. But Thompson's play over the camp raised eyebrows.

"He shoots the ball especially well," said Jay Triano, coach of the Select Team. "He has a great release, great balance. At this level, the game is so much faster. But he was able to adapt, and he was still able to get his shot off."

Deron Williams
"He just knows how to play the game of basketball," Brooklyn Nets point guard Deron Williams said. "I think he's going to be special as the years go on. As a rookie last year, I thought he made a great impact. He'll continue to get better."

Klaydoe
"They don't let up," Thompson said. "It makes you more motivated when you see how hard these guys work. I'm not satisfied with making the All-Rookie team and going 23-43 (the Warriors' record). It's not good enough. I'm trying to make a name for myself, and that's where you do it -- the playoffs. I want to win. I'm not taking this experience for granted."

good article on him..
http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_21087491/warriors-klay-thompson-makes-an-impression-team-usa
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM ]
thats awesome to hear about klay! its not even fair that hes playing in the summer league. he is just clowning on those guys
They shut him down for the rest of the Summer League to avoid injury and to let his body rest after those intense practices with TEAM USA
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
They shut him down for the rest of the Summer League to avoid injury and to let his body rest after those intense practices with TEAM USA

did they really?

thats smart

did they really?

thats smart

Yea it is. We absolutely need this team to stay healthy, for once. No more ankle tweaks, broken legs, and tooth stuck in arm diseases. Gotta make a run for a playoff spot.

did they really?

thats smart

Yea it is. We absolutely need this team to stay healthy, for once. No more ankle tweaks, broken legs, and tooth stuck in arm diseases. Gotta make a run for a playoff spot.

They have a legit chance to put some pressure on the 8th spot.
Man, my boy, Terrence Jones, has looked pretty good in Summer League.
Man, my boy, Terrence Jones, has looked pretty good in Summer League.

I saw Terrence at the outlets out in Vegas over the weekend. Dude is a giant

Here's my friends TMZ photo of him

Lulz
lol^
arent most nba players giant? lolz
Share 49ersWebzone