Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 827 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
With our luck had we taken Drummond, he would have developed well on his last year of his rookie contract only to demand a high contract

or he would've been Kwame Brown

Im glad we didnt take him

Exactly. Imagine all the time to develop him. Then we pay him a huge contract only to have him top out into a Kwame Brown-type player.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Hopefully Warriors pull off another steal trade similar to the Amdunson for Rush deal
I do like Jenkins and rush but we could use another PG/SG off the bench.

I wonder who Dorell Wright gets traded for, I read a couple tweets the the Warriors are shopping him hard a couple days ago

also..Free agency starts this Sunday night. We could've used someone like Andre Miller, too bad we decided to buy the 30th pick for 20 mill (Jeffersons contract)

Steinmetz makes very good points on why we should go after Andre Miller
http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketball-golden-state-warriors/warriors-talk/Will-Warriors-target-Andre-Miller-in-fre?blockID=732974&feedID=5986
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Hopefully Warriors pull off another steal trade similar to the Amdunson for Rush deal
I do like Jenkins and rush but we could use another PG/SG off the bench.

I wonder who Dorell Wright gets traded for, I read a couple tweets the the Warriors are shopping him hard a couple days ago

Who would you guys want from sac for him, at the same value? Chuck hayes? Salmons? Expiring Garcia who can play the 2/3? Future second rounder?
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Hopefully Warriors pull off another steal trade similar to the Amdunson for Rush deal
I do like Jenkins and rush but we could use another PG/SG off the bench.

I wonder who Dorell Wright gets traded for, I read a couple tweets the the Warriors are shopping him hard a couple days ago

also..Free agency starts this Sunday night. We could've used someone like Andre Miller, too bad we decided to buy the 30th pick for 20 mill (Jeffersons contract)

Steinmetz makes very good points on why we should go after Andre Miller
http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketball-golden-state-warriors/warriors-talk/Will-Warriors-target-Andre-Miller-in-fre?blockID=732974&feedID=5986

I can see us maybe signing Kirk Hinrich.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
We don't need to overpay Andre Miller. Jenkins is fine as a backup point.
Bring back Belinelli!
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
IMO they are the same player, same attributes, and all, the only real advantage is that he can hit the three a bit better...Wright right now has a more developed inside game...and a better defender, but when Wright came out he and Barnes are almost identical...

Wow, not even close. They play two different positions with different skill sets.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
IMO they are the same player, same attributes, and all, the only real advantage is that he can hit the three a bit better...Wright right now has a more developed inside game...and a better defender, but when Wright came out he and Barnes are almost identical...

Wow, not even close. They play two different positions with different skill sets.

As stated before the only skill set that is different is that Barnes can shoot the three ball. Otherwise same size , and attributes imo
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Hopefully Warriors pull off another steal trade similar to the Amdunson for Rush deal
I do like Jenkins and rush but we could use another PG/SG off the bench.

I wonder who Dorell Wright gets traded for, I read a couple tweets the the Warriors are shopping him hard a couple days ago

Who would you guys want from sac for him, at the same value? Chuck hayes? Salmons? Expiring Garcia who can play the 2/3? Future second rounder?



Dorrell Wright for Chuck Hayes is an interesting idea, since I'm a huge Chuck Hayes fan.


But I think Wright has more value, so the Kings need to take Richard Jefferson's contract off our hands.



Trade offer: Richard Jefferson and Dorrell Wright for Chuck Hayes and Francisco Garcia.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by crzy:
Dorrell Wright for Chuck Hayes is an interesting idea, since I'm a huge Chuck Hayes fan.

But I think Wright has more value, so the Kings need to take Richard Jefferson's contract off our hands.

Trade offer: Richard Jefferson and Dorrell Wright for Chuck Hayes and Francisco Garcia.

Maloofs dont have enough money to pay Jefferson 10 mill per year
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
As stated before the only skill set that is different is that Barnes can shoot the three ball. Otherwise same size , and attributes imo

No, man. You've got to be thinking of someone else. Like I mentioned, they play two different positions. One was more of a post player while the other is a perimeter player. One is more athletic than the other. There's no comparison.

Brandan Wright - Power Forward - 6'10'', 210 lbs


Harrison Barnes - Small Forward - 6'8'', 225 lbs
Originally posted by crzy:
riginally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by crzy:
Austin Rivers upside is basically a poor man's OJ Mayo, but with an NBA pedigree.

His floor is Jordan Crawford.

No thanks.

he reminds me of Stephen Curry but very raw


Nah. Steph Curry had better court vision, passing ability, and was one of the best pure shooting prospects EVER.

I agree. Curry was a much better prospect than Rivers coming out. I was in love with the kid. Just havent seen anything close to that in Rivers.
Originally posted by crzy:
Dorrell Wright for Chuck Hayes is an interesting idea, since I'm a huge Chuck Hayes fan.


But I think Wright has more value, so the Kings need to take Richard Jefferson's contract off our hands.



Trade offer: Richard Jefferson and Dorrell Wright for Chuck Hayes and Francisco Garcia.

We probably wouldnt be able to afford RJ. Make it Chuck Hayes and Salmons and you got a deal.

  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by crzy:
Dorrell Wright for Chuck Hayes is an interesting idea, since I'm a huge Chuck Hayes fan.


But I think Wright has more value, so the Kings need to take Richard Jefferson's contract off our hands.



Trade offer: Richard Jefferson and Dorrell Wright for Chuck Hayes and Francisco Garcia.

We probably wouldnt be able to afford RJ. Make it Chuck Hayes and Salmons and you got a deal.

eww John Salmons

No way
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
ninerlifer, comparing Harrison Barnes to Brandan Wright doesn't make sense.


You're comparing a perimeter player with few post skills to a post player with ZERO perimeter skills.

You might as well be comparing Luol Deng to Joakim Noah.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone