Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 645 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""

f**k yes. We should get our 1st round pick regardless. That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Marcus Williams made 4 buckets during his nine-game tenure with the Warriors...

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""

f**k yes. We should get our 1st round pick regardless. That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Marcus Williams made 4 buckets during his nine-game tenure with the Warriors...


I remember a few years ago when he was still with the team, my cousin and I saw him at the mall and my cousin purposely asked him if he was Monta Ellis lulz
Finally listened to the 40 minute Lacob interview on KNBR.

Said all the right things and understands the fans frustrations. Said that he wants to build through this amazing draft coming up. I'll believe it when I see it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
How did Lacob "blow FA"? He made an offer to Jordan that was matched. It was a very lucrative offer and it would have been crazy to go WAY beyond the amount he offered. He also went after Chandler but the Knicks won out. PArt of the problem of course is that players are not excited about coming to the land of Golden State. At least he aggressively went after a big. I give him credit for that.

As for the trade, well isnt it great that you have a crystal ball and can tell everyone that Bogut will be a bust. WOW. Maybe you should be the Warriors GM. Again, I give them credit for not sitting on their hands doing nothing and keeping an overrated Ellis and being a mediocre 10-11 seed in the West. I fully believe this team will finish in the bottom 6 or 7 and will get a top pick as well as a proven center. Every trade has a risk and this one certainly has that. If Bogut does but and they dont get the top 7 pick then it will go down as a really bad deal.

I think the Warriors should have used the amnesty on Biedrins. Horrible contract and an awful player. That was the worst move the Warriors made and I still cant believe they used it on Bell. For that, I agree 100% that they should be held accountable.

I am NOT saying that Lacob has been great or even good so far. I am saying that he is being aggressive and trying to change the makeup of this roster. They tried Free Agency and it didnt fly. I think they got the harsh reality that players were not going to come to this team right now.

Just because he's aggressive doesn't mean he's competent. You bring up Jordan & Chandler, but I think the fact that he was willing to pay Jordan $11M a year and Chandler $12M a year supports the argument that he doesn't know what he's doing. They just didn't sign with the Dubs, thankfully.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""

f**k yes. We should get our 1st round pick regardless. That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Marcus Williams made 4 buckets during his nine-game tenure with the Warriors...


I sort of don't want to know how we're going to get our pick back...
Originally posted by YungAce:
I sort of don't want to know how we're going to get our pick back...

LMAO. Good answer. You'll probably end up with Joe Johnson or something.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""

f**k yes. We should get our 1st round pick regardless. That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Marcus Williams made 4 buckets during his nine-game tenure with the Warriors...


I sort of don't want to know how we're going to get our pick back...

If its anything like the Jefferson trade they may buy it for 20 mill
  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""

f**k yes. We should get our 1st round pick regardless. That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Marcus Williams made 4 buckets during his nine-game tenure with the Warriors...


Wait... Wait... WTF? Why?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@gswscribe: LACOB: "We think we can get our (first round) pick back regardless. ... We've had discussions with Utah. ... It's not a done deal.""

f**k yes. We should get our 1st round pick regardless. That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Marcus Williams made 4 buckets during his nine-game tenure with the Warriors...


Wait... Wait... WTF? Why?

Man this team is so bad I doubt we have to do a trade to get that pick. You can't go to our schedule and circle a team and say "that's a win." turrible team right now
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
How did Lacob "blow FA"? He made an offer to Jordan that was matched. It was a very lucrative offer and it would have been crazy to go WAY beyond the amount he offered. He also went after Chandler but the Knicks won out. PArt of the problem of course is that players are not excited about coming to the land of Golden State. At least he aggressively went after a big. I give him credit for that.

As for the trade, well isnt it great that you have a crystal ball and can tell everyone that Bogut will be a bust. WOW. Maybe you should be the Warriors GM. Again, I give them credit for not sitting on their hands doing nothing and keeping an overrated Ellis and being a mediocre 10-11 seed in the West. I fully believe this team will finish in the bottom 6 or 7 and will get a top pick as well as a proven center. Every trade has a risk and this one certainly has that. If Bogut does but and they dont get the top 7 pick then it will go down as a really bad deal.

I think the Warriors should have used the amnesty on Biedrins. Horrible contract and an awful player. That was the worst move the Warriors made and I still cant believe they used it on Bell. For that, I agree 100% that they should be held accountable.

I am NOT saying that Lacob has been great or even good so far. I am saying that he is being aggressive and trying to change the makeup of this roster. They tried Free Agency and it didnt fly. I think they got the harsh reality that players were not going to come to this team right now.

Just because he's aggressive doesn't mean he's competent. You bring up Jordan & Chandler, but I think the fact that he was willing to pay Jordan $11M a year and Chandler $12M a year supports the argument that he doesn't know what he's doing. They just didn't sign with the Dubs, thankfully.

I guess there were other franchises that thought those bids were competitive as they outbid or matched the offers. Sometimes you have to overpay for centers who can defend and are difference makers on the defensive side of the court. I would have been OK paying DeAndre Jordan what the Clips matched. Biedrins, Jackson, Lee... all horrible deals no doubt.

I will say it again.. the Warriors simply were not going to get a true center or a star player in free agency no matter how much they were under the cap. Dwight Howard wasnt coming here. Nor were any other great players. The best way to get an impact big man was to do exactly what the W's did- use Monta to trade for one. Time will tell whether it was a good or bad decision. For now I will reserve judgement. If Bogut plays great and the Warriors do get a top 7 pick who can be an impactful player then people will call this masterful. I actually have more hope about this team today because of the trades than I did a couple of weeks ago.
So we are saddled with Lee, Biedrins, and Jefferson, but what if our teams looks like this next year?

Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

that team can't grab a 5 or 6 seed? I think all we'd be missing is an upgrade at SG and a little more defensive presence inside.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
So we are saddled with Lee, Biedrins, and Jefferson, but what if our teams looks like this next year?

Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

that team can't grab a 5 or 6 seed? I think all we'd be missing is an upgrade at SG and a little more defensive presence inside.

That'd be awesome. We don't need an upgrade at SG Klay is a decent sg and he'll only get better.
No doubt were a top 6 seed with that line up if we stay healthy. Big if though. Huge if
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
So we are saddled with Lee, Biedrins, and Jefferson, but what if our teams looks like this next year?

Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

that team can't grab a 5 or 6 seed? I think all we'd be missing is an upgrade at SG and a little more defensive presence inside.

That'd be awesome. We don't need an upgrade at SG Klay is a decent sg and he'll only get better.
No doubt were a top 6 seed with that line up if we stay healthy. Big if though. Huge if

I would like Rush back and McGuire. But we need Beef inside. If JJ Hickson signs with us i think thats a start. At least he can be no worse than fix my arm band and look like a choir boy.


This put Dorrell as an expiring as a back up SF where he belongs. I think need to invest in a back up PG some how. I wanted Sessions and he could be availible if the Lakers let him go. But with that team i think we are anywhere from 5-8 seed.
I'll go more in depth later but for now pretty much all of Lacob's problems can be boiled down to one quote by the man himself:

Whether I like it or not, I'm the face of the franchise here - Joe Lacob to Gary Radnich
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
I'll go more in depth later but for now pretty much all of Lacob's problems can be boiled down to one quote by the man himself:

Whether I like it or not, I'm the face of the franchise here - Joe Lacob to Gary Radnich

lol no way he said that. link?


Originally posted by j3xperience:
I would like Rush back and McGuire. But we need Beef inside. If JJ Hickson signs with us i think thats a start. At least he can be no worse than fix my arm band and look like a choir boy.


This put Dorrell as an expiring as a back up SF where he belongs. I think need to invest in a back up PG some how. I wanted Sessions and he could be availible if the Lakers let him go. But with that team i think we are anywhere from 5-8 seed.

Yep I agree
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone