There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

Originally posted by Muggins879:
Originally posted by YungAce:
@ESPNSteinLine CP3 Update: Source close to process tells ESPN that NOR talks w/GSW "definitely cooling" because of GSW refusal to put Steph Curry in deal

GS would be stupid to put Curry in that deal if Paul is just going to walk at season's end.

The more I think about it, the more clear it is. It would be a horrific trade if Paul walks at the end of the year. We are a better team with Curry/Thompson/Udoh for at least 4 more years than Paul for 1.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
@ESPNSteinLine CP3 Update: Source close to process tells ESPN that NOR talks w/GSW "definitely cooling" because of GSW refusal to put Steph Curry in deal

GS would be stupid to put Curry in that deal if Paul is just going to walk at season's end.

The more I think about it, the more clear it is. It would be a horrific trade if Paul walks at the end of the year. We are a better team with Curry/Thompson/Udoh for at least 4 more years than Paul for 1.

No question about it. If Paul agrees to an extension, then bye bye Steph.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Yeah, I thought we all knew this. Of course it would be a bad idea to trade for one year of Paul's services unless he gives us his consent to sign an extension.

You guys think Chandler will be signed before the weekend?
[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 7, 2011 at 1:55 PM ]

Yeah, I thought we all knew this. Of course it would be a bad idea to trade for one year of Paul's services unless he gives us his consent to sign an extension.

I have a feeling he will. Larry Riley sounded extremely confident in that interview about signing Chandler. Usually, he's quiet on the trade/free agent front.

I have a feeling he will. Larry Riley sounded extremely confident in that interview about signing Chandler. Usually, he's quiet on the trade/free agent front.

This. I read that this morning. Plus, he was at the 49ers game this weekend when they clinched. I don't think he has any affiliation with the Bay Area either?
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/12/07/monta-for-cp3/

...im down
  • crzy
  • Veteran
So apparently now the rumor is that we're trying to trade Monta for Chris Paul

And later trade Curry and Tyson Chandler for Dwight Howard.
Originally posted by crzy:

That article doesn't make sense. Why would Dwight Howard convince CP3 to stay? If anything, they'd both probably bolt after their one season here.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:58 PM ]

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

LOL thats ridiculous, so theyre gonna try to talk chandler to sign with them only to say you know what youve been traded
It's gonna happen, I just knows it.
While I would still love Chris Paul on the Warriors... following all this Chris Paul stuff has helped me realize...

All these huge NBA "superstars" are all complete grade-A Douchebags. No lie. These guys are completely illogical in their thought processes. They ask for trades from the team that drafted them and then when another team is offering a great trade for said player, he says he probably won't sign an extension. What the f**k? What a bunch of f**king a*****es. This has happened with too many of these players for me to think it's just a one-time thing. I lost a lot of respect for these guys over these weeks.

On the other hand though, Stephen Curry has kept saying all the right things. This guy really knows how to act and keeps impressing me thoroughly. Love it. I'll definitely miss him if we trade him for Paul.

And yes. I know it's a business. But c'mon. There has to be something said for being classy and responsible... right? Or should they always look out for number one?
[ Edited by Method on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:04 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
While I would still love Chris Paul on the Warriors... following all this Chris Paul stuff has helped me realize...

All these huge NBA "superstars" are all complete grade-A Douchebags. No lie. These guys are completely illogical in their thought processes. They ask for trades from the team that drafted them and then when another team is offering a great trade for said player, he says he probably won't sign an extension. What the f**k? What a bunch of f**king a*****es. This has happened with too many of these players for me to think it's just a one-time thing. I lost a lot of respect for these guys over these weeks.

On the other hand though, Stephen Curry has kept saying all the right things. This guy really knows how to act and keeps impressing me thoroughly. Love it. I'll definitely miss him if we trade him for Paul.

And yes. I know it's a business. But c'mon. There has to be something said for being classy and responsible... right? Or should they always look out for number one?

It's because they know they have all the leverage in the world.

I mean, superstars can basically pick their destination the way the league is currently set up. Step 1: Demand a trade from your team. Step 2: Refuse to sign an extension with a team that you don't want to play for until your team gives up and trades you to the team that you do want to play for.

And this is not football or baseball. In football or baseball, having one elite superstar does not guarantee you anything. Without having a good overall team, you won't win a damn thing. So superstars have less leverage.

In the NBA, Lebron James is the difference between making the Cavs an NBA Finals contender and the worst team in the league. That is how much impact a superstar has in the NBA.

Also, the days of Isiah and Jordan hating each other to their very core are over. Every single NBA superstar is friends with every other NBA superstar. There are no real rivalries left in the NBA, except maybe a brief Celtics-Lakers rivalry in the past reignited in the past five years.

And now all these entitled s**ts want to pair up on one team so that they can play with their buddies and have less pressure on themselves to succeed.

This is why I was rooting for the owners to crush the players in the lockout negotiations. I was dissatisfied overall by the result even though the owners are considered to have won the lockout. I want non-guaranteed contracts and franchise tags dammit.

The NBA needs to stop promoting this illusion of competitive balance. They need to contract the league to 24 teams and spread around the talent from those contracted teams to help balance the disparity of talent created by these superstar teams.
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:17 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
One thing we haven't talked about here.

Apparently the Celtics offered us Rondo for Steph Curry and we refused.

Reported by Tim Kawakami and confirmed by Woj on 99.7 yesterday.

@timkawakami NBA source: Celtics contacted Warriors about Rondo-for-Curry & were turned down. Presumably, Boston wanted to flip Curry to NO for Paul.

I don't think that was a good idea at all.

A Rondo/Ellis backcourt is substantially better than a Curry/Ellis backcourt.

Not to mention, the Celtics are desperate for Chris Paul.

So I am certain that we could make them take Biedrins in any Curry-Rondo swap.

Rondo and Jeff Green for Curry and Biedrins is an absolutely great trade for the Warriors. Even if we were to make no more moves this offseason, I'd be happy with that trade

Get a three team trade going that involves us shipping out Curry and Biedrins, and getting back Rondo and filler, and Paul going to the Celtics, and Curry going to the Hornets.
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:27 AM ]
Bill Simmons' rant on the logical destinations for Paul and he chose GS as the most logical.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7327616/the-fourth-day-nba-christmas

Given, it's off of Grantland, but it's accessible rite there on the front page of ESPN's NBA page, Simmons' refers to the Celtics having taken a "massive s**t" on Kendrick Perkins, and now also taking a "massive s**t" on Rondo. I first read this on my phone, so I originally thought it was just a normal ESPN headline article. Did Simmons just use the word s**t several times? Lol.

I'm trying to temper my expectations. This feels like J-Rich/Harrington --> Kevin Garnett all over again.
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com