There are 257 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
What I want to know is where is the team that was so efficient for that 20 game win streak, this looks like a totally different team

They stayed home in SA. The team that went to OKC is the same as every other team that has played in OKC this post season.

not disagreeing with you would just feel a veteran team should not be intimidated by this atmosphere.

Is the fact that OKC is one helluva basketball team escaping you?

no not at all its not the fact the spurs are getting beat by a great team but how they are getting beat, there defensive rotations suck and for most of the game they forgot about passing the ball.
Spurs won 20 in a row and will end up losing 4 in a row.
I don't know wtf has happened to Green, Splitter, and Bonner. All I know is that I'm scurred lol. f**k.
Originally posted by dobo:
The rotation will need to be shortened and tweaked. Starters: Parker, Jackson, Leonard, Diaw, Duncan. Main bench: Manu, Neal, Blair. Spot minutes to the pussies (Bonner, Splitter, Green).

Spurs need testicular fortitude more than anything else. Seeing Bonner, Splitter, and Green shrink repeatedly this series has been disappointing. Blair, who always plays well against OKC, showed he wasn't scared past night. He should get more minutes.

I like that starting line up, with that type of length on the court it should give OKC problems early. I still don't understand with Green and Bonner ice cold right now why Pop hasn't thrown Patty Mills out there his speed and his outside shot would be a change of pace which OKC hasn't seen before in this series.
Im not worried. Ibaka and Perkins never play that well and thats the main reason why they lost, I dont think it will happen again. Spurs will adjust and they will win at home in game 5.
Green and Bonner are absolutely awful. I really think we're headed for some trouble.
I think both teams played well but OKCs role players played unreal. That was the difference in the game. Gotta take the loss like a man if Perkins and Ibaka light up the jumpers
Originally posted by niners9:
Im not worried. Ibaka and Perkins never play that well and thats the main reason why they lost, I dont think it will happen again. Spurs will adjust and they will win at home in game 5.

ridiculous that ibaka went 11/11...that's a career night for him i bet
Popovich is the best coach in the league
The rotation will need to be shortened and tweaked. Starters: Parker, Jackson, Leonard, Diaw, Duncan. Main bench: Manu, Neal, Blair. Spot minutes to the pussies (Bonner, Splitter, Green).

Spurs need testicular fortitude more than anything else. Seeing Bonner, Splitter, and Green shrink repeatedly this series has been disappointing. Blair, who always plays well against OKC, showed he wasn't scared past night. He should get more minutes.

I like that starting line up, with that type of length on the court it should give OKC problems early. I still don't understand with Green and Bonner ice cold right now why Pop hasn't thrown Patty Mills out there his speed and his outside shot would be a change of pace which OKC hasn't seen before in this series.

Realistically, Pop will still start Green so as not to damage his confidence. But if he still plays like a p***y early on, Pop will pull him and put in Manu. After that, the next substitutions should be for Jackson, Neal, and Blair. If things go well and the Spurs have a lead, then Bonner and Green will get some minutes; they're great at extending leads. But when things are close, they suck.

Bonner's been b***hing out of the open 3 and taking a less comfortable 2 or driving and passing altogether. Dude needs to get his head out of his ass and start launching those 3's.

OKC is stepping to that first open 3 but then veering over to the second open player so the 1st guy (Bonner, for example) has to shoot out of rhythm after looking to rotate but then having to re-spot. I hope our guys know OKC is jumping that swing pass and forcing the first shooter out of rhythm and that the first guy just needs to let it rip.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM ]

Originally posted by Joecool:

Realistically, Pop will still start Green so as not to damage his confidence. But if he still plays like a p***y early on, Pop will pull him and put in Manu. After that, the next substitutions should be for Jackson, Neal, and Blair. If things go well and the Spurs have a lead, then Bonner and Green will get some minutes; they're great at extending leads. But when things are close, they suck.

Bonner's been b***hing out of the open 3 and taking a less comfortable 2 or driving and passing altogether. Dude needs to get his head out of his ass and start launching those 3's.

OKC is stepping to that first open 3 but then veering over to the second open player so the 1st guy (Bonner, for example) has to shoot out of rhythm after looking to rotate but then having to re-spot. I hope our guys know OKC is jumping that swing pass and forcing the first shooter out of rhythm and that the first guy just needs to let it rip.

If Bonner isn't taking open 3's it is pointless having him on the court.

We really need him to take those with confidence. OKC was completely collapsing the pocket and quickly expecting a pass out and jumping those passes. If Tony or Manu drive and fake pass out, they will have an easy floater in the lane.

OKC was also half-assing to the first open shooter getting the pass and then veering to the swing player. The first guy hesitates because he's accustomed to swinging the ball and because the OKC defender steps in his direction as if he's closing in. Our guys are having to reset on that 3 which is completely throwing them off rhythm.

Pop needs to tell them to shoot in an instant, even if it appears the defender is about to close in.

We really need him to take those with confidence. OKC was completely collapsing the pocket and quickly expecting a pass out and jumping those passes. If Tony or Manu drive and fake pass out, they will have an easy floater in the lane.

OKC was also half-assing to the first open shooter getting the pass and then veering to the swing player. The first guy hesitates because he's accustomed to swingi
ng the ball and because the OKC defender steps in his direction as if he's closing in. Our guys are having to reset on that 3 which is completely throwing them off rhythm.

Pop needs to tell them to shoot in an instant, even if it appears the defender is about to close in.

Agree totally with that, even if they miss some they have to start shooting the outside shot and get back to what was successful for this season.
Agree totally with that, even if they miss some they have to start shooting the outside shot and get back to what was successful for this season.

OKC really bounced back and from how they played in Game 1, they should have more confidence than the Spurs at this point. Teams that go on long streaks don't just stumble one loss and get back on gear. It totally f**ks up a chemistry and slumps can happen.

This game worries me. Spurs need to come out sharp and I'm going to be pissed if Manu keeps trying to thread some passes as he did in Game 1 2nd quarter and Game 4 2nd quarter. Those led to major OKC runs and a turnaround in momentum.

OKC really bounced back and from how they played in Game 1, they should have more confidence than the Spurs at this point. Teams that go on long streaks don't just stumble one loss and get back on gear. It totally f**ks up a chemistry and slumps can happen.

This game worries me. Spurs need to come out sharp and I'm going to be pissed if Manu keeps trying to thread some passes as he did in Game 1 2nd quarter and Game 4 2nd quarter. Those led to major OKC runs and a turnaround in momentum.

Don't worry he will be back tonight!
Share 49ersWebzone