LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 361 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

LET'S GO!!! COME ON!!
[ Edited by Byisgod on Jun 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM ]
NBA refing is so f**king suspect.
Welp. Gotta go to OKC and win on Wednesday.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Ginobili has really been a turnover machine.

As many points he scores, he's killing the offense putting together longer periods of clean play with all the damn turnovers. Kills our momentum.
very disappointed, but I still have faith. GO SPURS GO!!!
Tony Parker, fer shame!
Originally posted by niners9:

Parker appeared to be a defeated man. Duncan wanted to play again that night and Manu is never defeated.

Parker is going to be the key for us to win game 6.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Parker appeared to be a defeated man. Duncan wanted to play again that night and Manu is never defeated.

He might be injured. Poor guy just can't stay on his feet.

The Spurs have no chance unless someone steps up off the bench, hopefully Stephen Jackson can keep up his good shooting but other than him there has been no help. The other thing the spurs need to do is start off strong. If they would of started strong offensively last night against OKC they may have been up 10 or more which even though early may have changed the whole tone of the game. I feel that they can win but if San Antonio does not set the tempo from the word go and make OKC play there game then they will have no shot. OKC is playing great basketball so it is a must to get them out of there rhythm. There were moments last night in the second half were the Spurs did frustrate them and showed that they can be rattled.

What has really worried me. The last three games has been how disjointed there offence has been. Some of that can be put down to the consistent defensive pressure the thunder have put on San Antonio but a lot can be put down to just silly mistakes from trying to push the ball to hard. The Spurs have to get back to moving the ball more fluidly but also take the open look if they have it. To many time over the last three games I have seen players give up open looks and try to push a pass and turn the ball over. I would rather see them take the shot, miss and get back on defense, than turn the ball over and create fast break opportunities for the Thunder to score.

I don't know how Pop is going to do it, but he has to get some of these guys there confidence back.He is still the master of getting the maximum out of every player.This is the time for Pop to show us his magic and have everyone motivated to play like there life depends on it. If he can manage that then I say the Spurs still have a shot and if they win game 6 they will win game 7 back home.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

The Spurs have no chance unless someone steps up off the bench, hopefully Stephen Jackson can keep up his good shooting but other than him there has been no help. The other thing the spurs need to do is start off strong. If they would of started strong offensively last night against OKC they may have been up 10 or more which even though early may have changed the whole tone of the game. I feel that they can win but if San Antonio does not set the tempo from the word go and make OKC play there game then they will have no shot. OKC is playing great basketball so it is a must to get them out of there rhythm. There were moments last night in the second half were the Spurs did frustrate them and showed that they can be rattled.

What has really worried me. The last three games has been how disjointed there offence has been. Some of that can be put down to the consistent defensive pressure the thunder have put on San Antonio but a lot can be put down to just silly mistakes from trying to push the ball to hard. The Spurs have to get back to moving the ball more fluidly but also take the open look if they have it. To many time over the last three games I have seen players give up open looks and try to push a pass and turn the ball over. I would rather see them take the shot, miss and get back on defense, than turn the ball over and create fast break opportunities for the Thunder to score.

I don't know how Pop is going to do it, but he has to get some of these guys there confidence back.He is still the master of getting the maximum out of every player.This is the time for Pop to show us his magic and have everyone motivated to play like there life depends on it. If he can manage that then I say the Spurs still have a shot and if they win game 6 they will win game 7 back home.

Spurs have not put together a full game all series. Even Game 2 was not a strong finish. Gotta credit OKC and their defense because their offense ins't scoring higher than a normal amount.

Parker has got to get that lower box floater back so that the bounce pass to Duncan when a big steps forward can be executed.

Parker is averaging 3.4 turnovers a game and Manu is at 4 per game which is even worse considering he's coming off the bench for 4 games. That's is a possible maximum 14 point swing: maximum taking 7 away from OKC and giving 7 to the Spurs and that's not including 3's.

Both teams are shooting their averages from the 3-point line but the Spurs are just turning the ball over too much.

Man, Spurs need to come through tonight. It's not even about playing hard. It's all about playing focused and clean basketball. Parker needs to understand that if he drives hard and OKC falls back clogging into the lane that he can just run through the lane down the baseline and dribble it back out Steve Nash style. He was doing this earlier in the playoffs but started forcing getting rid of the ball when penetrating lately. Just take your time and reset, man.

As for Manu, he needs to stop with the lazy passes. To me, the biggest swing in the game was when the Spurs were controlling that 3rd quarter in Game 5 and Manu, with Parker only a few feet from him, threw a lazy pass right to Sef for a super easy dunk. That f**ked up the entire flow of the Spurs from there on.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 6, 2012 at 8:38 AM ]

Nice
Originally posted by dobo:
Whoever wins tonight will win the NBA title. Unfortunately, that will almost certainly be OKC.

OKC just has some serious talent all around. I hate it when Nick Collison is in. Dude hustles and disrupts a lot of penetration by getting to the spot. He's also keeps the ball alive after a missed shot at their end.
Originally posted by dobo:
Whoever wins tonight will win the NBA title. Unfortunately, that will almost certainly be OKC.

OKC just has some serious talent all around. I hate it when Nick Collison is in. Dude hustles and disrupts a lot of penetration by getting to the spot. He's also keeps the ball alive after a missed shot at their end.

just have to play smart tonight no stupid turnovers or fouls.
Share 49ersWebzone