There are 251 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by Joecool:
Can't ever remember Spurs sweeping teams like this. Normally, they always lose 1 per series. 8 more to go!

Has any team every swept the playoffs to a ring?

I don't recall that.

But, slow down there... OKC would have had a decent shot of sweeping the Jazz and Clips. They swept the Mavs. The Spurs are DAMN good and playing great ball, but they have had an easy road so far. A series with Memphis would have been better for them. Can't wait to see the WCF against OKC....
Originally posted by sacniner:
Can't ever remember Spurs sweeping teams like this. Normally, they always lose 1 per series. 8 more to go!

I don't recall that.

But, slow down there... OKC would have had a decent shot of sweeping the Jazz and Clips. They swept the Mavs. The Spurs are DAMN good and playing great ball, but they have had an easy road so far. A series with Memphis would have been better for them. Can't wait to see the WCF against OKC....

It will be very interesting to see how OKC tried to attack. Right now, it looks like OKC will be shooting a lot of jumpers. Do you really believe OKC will out shoot SA? OKC's main strategy should be to be as busy as possible on defense for a nice separation in fast break points.
To paraphrase the words of Moses Malone, we going "Fo', Fo', Fo', and Fo'."

No way they sweep OKC. They are on a different level than UTA, LAC.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

No way they sweep OKC. They are on a different level than UTA, LAC.

I know but they were never able to sweep crappy teams before or rarely at all. Not only did they sweep these guys, they dominated them.
The main thing the Spurs need to control limiting any sloppy play on offense that will lead to OKC shooting a gap and getting fastbreak baskets. Manu will really need to be focused on his passing and Tony will need to be more aware when he penetrates past the freethrow line. OKC has long arms and they get a lot of deflections.
The main thing the Spurs need to control limiting any sloppy play on offense that will lead to OKC shooting a gap and getting fastbreak baskets. Manu will really need to be focused on his passing and Tony will need to be more aware when he penetrates past the freethrow line. OKC has long arms and they get a lot of deflections.

I totally agree with this. I have a feeling that Pop is going to drill everyone on not turning the ball over. We can't afford to give OKC any bonus points. I expect to see a steady dose of pick and roll from the Spurs as OKC had all sorts of trouble defending it during the regular season.
Damn! Gotta wait until Sunday!!!!

I don't know how we do it during football season.
Damn! Gotta wait until Sunday!!!!

I don't know how we do it during football season.

I will be in a position not to watch the game Sunday will be on a lake with no TV.
I'm having friends over for the game both of them are rooting for OKC one of my buddies is a warrior fan and the piston fan so they both dislike the Spurs. One hates them cuz they win consistently and the other is still bitter about the 05 finals.

Cheaaaaa boiiiii got off Sunday and Monday. Summer school is about to start too so I'll be getting drunk with my boys for this game!
I'll be in Austin the weekend the NBA finals start. How much do you think Finals tickets will be?
Originally posted by dobo:
I'll be in Austin the weekend the NBA finals start. How much do you think Finals tickets will be?

nice jinx

no jinx. The Spurs are gonna win it all.
Originally posted by dobo:

nice jinx

no jinx. The Spurs are gonna win it all.

Word, we shall have a brew because I live in Austin.
Go Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone